AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-19, 11:03   Link #641
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppa
All I want to know is why Haruhui dosn't hate Kyon guts. Kyon the most normal chracter in the show has her attention not sure wether thats a good thing or not.
Because he hasn't ran away screaming yet.
Exactly what would make Haruhi hate Kyon anyway?
Old 2006-04-19, 11:06   Link #642
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I believe the KyoAni version of CLANNAD is pretty much gonna happen, what with Kanon being remade.

A Tsukihime remake would really be a dream come true, and by KyoAni of course. Its been talked about up in the Tsukihime thread.. and i'm sure many people would love it.

And to make sure i'm not off-topic, KyoAni are doing one amazing job on Haruhi.
Better yet, several more seasons of Haruhi would be nice as well as there are much more novels yet to cover.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 11:26   Link #643
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Better yet, several more seasons of Haruhi would be nice as well as there are much more novels yet to cover.
So... Would you like more FMP anime or more Haruhi anime?
KyotoAni can't do both in the same time, you know?

Which would you prefer to be made first?
Old 2006-04-19, 11:39   Link #644
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

More Haruhi. I want to see the 'successful' advantures of Sancho Panza and Don Quixote once more.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 13:39   Link #645
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
So... Would you like more FMP anime or more Haruhi anime?
Well, in my case, it depends. If they would do another pure comedy season like Fumoffu, then I prefer FMP as Fumoffu was an absolute riot when I saw it years ago. KyoAni seems to have a penchant for comedy it seems...

But if the next FMP would be like TSR, I'd rather have them stick with more Haruhi (or any other story for that matter). Other than the reason that I found TSR to be above average at best and a slight disappointment at the worst, if they stuck to more drama in FMP it would be more torture for my fav character, Tessa. T_T

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 13:48   Link #646
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
KyoAni seems to have a penchant for comedy it seems...
Well they make the opening episodes very, very entertaining if not outright funny but KyoAni can break your heart by the end of an anime and make you think, as it is with AIR TV. No doubt cross my mind that coming fall will be a heartache for me with Kanon rev.2.0. The beach scene haunted me for a long time when I watched AIR TV... that's even with me knowing the story before watching it.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 18:43   Link #647
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Latin isn't my strong point so...
That's okay!

Where did you find that image (without the text)? I'd like to know so that I can make a version of the banner with the Latin text on it!
Old 2006-04-19, 21:07   Link #648
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Well, in my case, it depends. If they would do another pure comedy season like Fumoffu, then I prefer FMP as Fumoffu was an absolute riot when I saw it years ago. KyoAni seems to have a penchant for comedy it seems...

But if the next FMP would be like TSR, I'd rather have them stick with more Haruhi (or any other story for that matter). Other than the reason that I found TSR to be above average at best and a slight disappointment at the worst, if they stuck to more drama in FMP it would be more torture for my fav character, Tessa. T_T
You do realise that it's not up to KyoAi, right?
The FMP anime is based on the novels, in the same way Harui anime is.

You can't make comedy where none exists.
(p.s. Tessa will get over it. She will survive.)
Old 2006-04-19, 21:09   Link #649
Adigard

While it's old... and probably has been seen before... I just had a thought that I needed to share ^_^

(as cliched as it is to say... you should probably turn your speakers on at least a little bit for this one)

http://haruhi.youaremighty.com/
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 21:48   Link #650
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
lol. good job i turned off my speaker before i clicked that link, or i would of woke up everyone in my flat

classic but still good. too bad the shadow at the end wasn't of Haruhi.
Old 2006-04-20, 00:09   Link #651
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Oh man... I'm thinking I should download the raws for eps 1 and 3 and pirate some video editing software because I JUST got an AMV idea.

"Haruhi's Got the Touch"
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 02:17   Link #652
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
"Haruhi's Got the Touch"
Well, she's certainly got the power...
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 03:37   Link #653
LytHka
Banned

Hrm, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the fans at sos-dan.com have come up with the ED Dance Steps translated off some other page. Later, I've come up with an idea of putting together a video to practice the dance with. Got some help with encoding from Eirin. <3 It's flipped over horizontally so that you don't have to "mirror" all the moves and it has three repeats, two of them are slowed down to 40% and 70% of its original speed. Here is the video: Link
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 04:23   Link #654
Calca
Expressionless

Kyon is quickly becomming one of the best male characters in anime. If he keeps this up he'll be up there with Morita from H&C, Onizuka and Oe Kintaro from Golden Boy.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 04:38   Link #655
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

what about Harima? you missed out harima.
Old 2006-04-20, 06:11   Link #656
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen
You do realise that it's not up to KyoAi, right?
The FMP anime is based on the novels, in the same way Harui anime is.
Not necessarily. While it IS be based on the manga, KyoAni can focus of the comedic side and ignore the drama side, if they so choose just like they did in Fumoffu. From http://anime.mikomi.org/series/634.html

Quote:
Note : The Original FMP Novellas (FMP was NOT originally a manga) had both FMP 1 and Fumuffo intertwined. Gonzo was given the more serious side and KyotoAni were given the funnier side to animate. But stories in Fumuffo were happening between certain chapters of FMP 1.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 06:36   Link #657
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Well they make the opening episodes very, very entertaining if not outright funny but KyoAni can break your heart by the end of an anime and make you think, as it is with AIR TV. No doubt cross my mind that coming fall will be a heartache for me with Kanon rev.2.0. The beach scene haunted me for a long time when I watched AIR TV... that's even with me knowing the story before watching it.
Couldn't agree more... the ending eps of Air were so sad...
mr.muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 09:08   Link #658
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Ok, so i saw the First 3 episodes of this. Came across by pure chance. I have to say , its pretty dam, good so far. Animation is awesome and its pretty funny as well. Ending video is pretty cool. I'm going to enjoy this series. Shame its only 14 episodes.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 18:25   Link #659
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Haruhi catches up to Fate

Among the anime that started in January, Fate/Stay Night is by far the most popular on the massive Japanese board 2channel. It is now on its 64th thread, each thread containing about 1000 posts.

Today, within three weeks of its debut, The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi has already caught up to Fate/Stay Night, reaching its own 64th thread. This is a phenomenon.

I realized yesterday that if this show maintains the high level it has kept through three episodes, I may have to consider it the greatest anime of all time. From what novel-readers say, the material is there.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 18:29   Link #660
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Woohoo! thanks for the info Kaoru!!

Well you heard it here first!

Haruhiism is taking over the world!! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!

All hail Haruhi!

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen