AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-11, 08:38   Link #25661
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ugh, you people just opened up that old wound for me... I thought that the anime wounded me enough at the end of Capu2 with those awful last two episodes and then the manga happened and I dropped off the earth.

I still have quite a bit to vent on the subject but short of completely re-writing the last 12 or so chapters, I'm not about to get it. I guess I'll add my two cents onto some of the last bit of questions.

Ura being cold and serious at the beginning. I attribute to the Shinso blood being sealed up within her for so long. Without her memories to keep her warm and fuzzy, of course she's going to delve into the colder, more bloody nature that the vampire blood gave. Only after she lived in the world for a while did she become the kinder, gentler Ura of her childhood. Which was fine, I mean, it made for a great story with just that. The moment Omote = Akasha's base personality/clone - it went out of the window for me.

I really need to vent this better when I got more time.
Old 2015-10-11, 09:18   Link #25662
amtro
Distro

I will never not be intensely annoyed at the fact that this thread is brought back to life every time some schmoe finishes the manga. Because this series doesn't have a snowball's prayer in hell of getting any sort of continuation.
Old 2015-10-11, 10:34   Link #25663
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I will never not be intensely annoyed at the fact that this thread is brought back to life every time some schmoe finishes the manga. Because this series doesn't have a snowball's prayer in hell of getting any sort of continuation.
Don't look at the thread then, it's that easy. If someone new wants to voice their opinion on the manga so be it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 19:47   Link #25664
GLDarkLord

Don't lose hope people , even if the chances are below 1%, for this series comeback.
GLDarkLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 21:14   Link #25665
cyberdemon

You got my hopes up with this random post after so long!
Old 2017-12-16, 21:24   Link #25666
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
You got my hopes up with this random post after so long!
Lol, so true. I thought someone posted an official announcement for the sequel for it or something
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 22:28   Link #25667
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLDarkLord View Post
Don't lose hope people , even if the chances are below 1%, for this series comeback.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 23:10   Link #25668
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

What a let down...
Old 2017-12-17, 07:05   Link #25669
nfsac

I can not tell if this series got axed or what but the whole second season felt bad for me. The whole dilema of Tsukune surviving in the monster academy was very fine on season 1. Moka was a cold vampire, more of an ally than a friend that helped whenever was possible
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 09:06   Link #25670
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think the ending to Season II of the manga was fine, though. Tsukune and Moka to me were meant to be together from the beginning so I'm glad it happened. Just, I would've hoped for it to go on for longer so that we'd get to see how it is with the normal people knowing about monsters. Though I kind of get how some people may not like the fact that Tsukune also turned into a Shinso.
Old 2017-12-17, 12:35   Link #25671
Tenzen12

Yeah, Tsukune's relationship with Ura-chan isn't something exclusive to first season. She did started cold but she was warming to him gradually with romance in Ii being forgone conclusion. Pacing and characterisation was also fine so nothing give me impression of Axe.

That said, when it comes to split personality plots I can't be be content with two (or more) distinct personalities get merged together to avoid choice. And to be honest Omote revival was bit asspull if you ask me.
Old 2017-12-17, 12:57   Link #25672
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Mizore best girl though
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 13:14   Link #25673
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

MIzore.... Yuki onna? rape victims?
Old 2017-12-17, 13:30   Link #25674
Tenzen12

Nah RV is rare example where main heroine (half of her to be exact) is also best girl. Ura best girl.
Old 2017-12-17, 15:35   Link #25675
nfsac

I was just impressed with the initial plot of a singular human surviving in that hell called Youkai Academy. Hokuto arc was also very good tbh.
Maybe not an axed series, but I think the author ran out of ideas. This series could still be running now if some stuff was changed. I just think season 2 shifted too much from the original idea that lead the author to a set corner.
Old 2017-12-17, 15:38   Link #25676
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I like both Ura and Otome, although Otome is really Akasha's image that had more development added to make her another Moka.

But there are other series where main heroine is best girl. Eleonora in Madan no Ou to Vanadis is another. Though I really think "best girl" discussion shouldn't happen since everyone has different opinions on that.

Edit: One post late.
Old 2017-12-17, 15:40   Link #25677
nfsac

Rosario + Vampire, Omamori Himari and the Korean comic Ragnarok were the first series I ever read and they helped me go through a very tense time of my life, specially my first years in college.
It is a very found memmory and it still makes me sad it ended.
Old 2017-12-17, 15:43   Link #25678
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What are the chances that GLDarkLord is right? I wonder if there'll really be a sequel.
Old 2017-12-17, 16:07   Link #25679
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
I was just impressed with the initial plot of a singular human surviving in that hell called Youkai Academy. Hokuto arc was also very good tbh.
Maybe not an axed series, but I think the author ran out of ideas. This series could still be running now if some stuff was changed. I just think season 2 shifted too much from the original idea that lead the author to a set corner.
If RV were still running it would be probably lackluster. In ended after giving all answers and resolving majority of plot threats. It ended in right time.

Also second season didn't deviated in any way. By end of first Tsukune were already ghoulified, decent fighter and on good terms with Ura. Also there is no reason assume author didn't have intent to make Tsukune fight.
Old 2017-12-17, 20:36   Link #25680
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Why must this thread be revived and remind me that one of my favorite manga series of all time is forever over? Not to mention that the anime completely bastardized it too...

Anyways, yes, the idea of a human surviving was interesting, but something had to change, otherwise you'd end up exactly where the anime went (on a very personal side note, I still can't believe there are people who actually like the anime, but I digress). The other thing that makes me sad is that to the best of my knowledge, Akihisa-sensei still hasn't done another series

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire