AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-27, 03:55   Link #121
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
The question is "Should I grow-up and leave Pokemon behind?"
You could always hope they take the franchise in a new direction to match up with the maturing fan base. Some fans have the right idea:

I guess not likely to happen for real though .
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 23:23   Link #122
alucard13mm

lol theyll never introduce the same shine and feeling as season 1 and possibly orange island.

btw do they have pokerap for the newer seasons? lol
Old 2010-10-01, 02:51   Link #123
ShiroiRyu

Anyways ... For Shipping, the NegaiShipping began REALLY good.
We have a onsen part in episode 3. XD
And in the game we have the big wheel ... So we can hope for more !
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 16:37   Link #124
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes

Yesterday, at the very start of this month I started the fourth Pokemon series in anime based upon the recently released Pokemon Black & White games in Japan.

The changes added were mostly cosmetic.

For starters, Ash (Satoshi) now has bright eyes in comparison to the rest of the characters, and unlike in the previous series which he had opaque and dull eyes.

Secondly, the land of Isshu is featured in a faraway continent. According to Nintendo, Isshu's geography is based upon New York City, thus assuming that the continent where the Isshu region belongs to is based upon the United States.

Being in another continent, means NO other Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, aside from both Pikachu and Meowth, will be appearing or featured for the time being in the new Pokemon anime. All Pokemon featured are native and local to the Isshu region.

Third, it's the first time in the anime's franchise that Ash gets the new Pokedex not from Professor Oak, but from the local investigator in the Isshu region, Professor Araragi.

Fourth, the animation effects of Pokemon battles have been CGI enhanced. For example, when Pikachu uses Iron Tail in battle its tail literally becomes of iron in full CGI glory.
- The opening theme video for Pokemon BW is rendered in full CGI animation, featuring Pikachu running throughout the Isshu region and meeting with the many local Pokemon. The catch is that those new Pokemon first appear in the OP video as shadows, because they haven't been revealed yet. As more episodes pass and many new Pokemon appear, those Pokemon will be unveiled in the OP.
- This is a very first Pokemon anime opening that exclusively features Pokemon with no human characters in it and done in CGI animation.

How to get things started?
Spoiler:

The downside to this new Pokemon anime was not made evident until the second episode. Pokemon Best Wishes feels terribly like a reboot or restart of the plotline rather than a continuation or sequel to it.

Besides, all of the human characters never Aging at All in the Pokemon universe and meaning Ash stays 10-years-old forever with each passing series (), his mentality and personality regressed to how he used to be in the first Pokemon (Kanto) anime series. Making blundering and obvious amateur mistakes at capturing Pokemon while in Isshu.

I mean what happened to all those experiences, skills, and maturity he acquired in the previous three series? There's something fishy, because that is not the Ash I know at the end of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

Just for the sake of over-explotaiting the franchise and milking the cow to no boundaries, the production staff stupified Ash's character to make it friendier to a new generation of Japanese kids viewers.

Another downside that never changes is that the Team Rocket Organization loose knot never gets resolved in the anime, while it does in the first two game generations.

Team Aqua and Team Magma were thwarted in the anime; Team Galactic were disbanded as well in the anime; but Team Rocket still roams free in the anime, and seriously this is getting not only old but in my nerves, especially that again: the Jesse-James-Meowth trio has arrived into Isshu as well.

The only cosmetic changes brought by the Rocket Gang is that Jesse and James sport new black uniforms, discarding permanently their old-fashioned white uniforms.
And since NO Pokemon from the previous regions are going to appear, that means as well that those two had to leave their Pokemon in Team Rocket HQ at Kanto, meaning that they'll get to catch Isshu Pokemon of their own, though Meowth still remains part of Team Rocket.

In my last post, I said that I'm growing old for the Pokemon anime, but due to never getting old for the games that's the only reason why I remain to sit and watch this series. But my patience has limits, and if I see that in four-years-time Ash enters the Isshu league and loses either in the eighth-finals or the quarter-finals, and Not in the semi-finals, thus reaching the top four again, then I'll kiss good-bye for good to future Pokemon anime.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 20:08   Link #125
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Pokemon introduced me to anime and is one of my fondest childhood memories, so I still feel some emotional attachment to what they do with the series even though I haven't been watching it regularly for years now (I do pop on an episode from time to time to see how things have changed). I might still be watching Pokemon today if they had decided to keep some semblance of continuity to the plot. So reading what you wrote, Guido, saddens me. It has been an indisputable fact that the creators don't really care about the plot for some time now, and I'm guessing Ash's old Pokemon like Charizard never make even cameo appearances. In a way you can see their motivation: the anime is mostly a promotion for the games and related merchandise, but it is a bit dissapointing, as well. If they had decided to keep a linear plot, with Ash actually improving with each region, this would be a pretty great series. It was somewhat in limbo over the past five years as to whether the Kanto season actually had any impact story-wise, some things seemed to hint at earlier seasons but some things made it seem like the past was ignored. But with Ash's skill level back to zero with this newest season it appears they have chosen their path of no plot. It's a shame.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 15:15   Link #126
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Watched the third and fourth episodes.

I think that several of you, Pokemon fans, out there will agree to me that the new, co-lead girl, Iris, is beginning to get vexxing.

For starters, her voice attempts to sound a combination of both cute and energetic, but the pitch of her voice sounds disjointed to me.

Haruka (May) was cute, while Hikari (Dawn) was energetic, but for Iris the animation staff attempted to infuse those two qualities on that girl, but are failing to do so.

Second, her personality feels either cocky or just bossy. She doesn't waste chance to berate Ash at all for any amateur comments he speaks.
Her running gag is to scold Ash with being "childish", and, trust me, in two episodes you'll get tired that she repeats that phrase gag over and over.

I commented in my last post that Best Wishes is a reboot of the mainstream storyline. Well, this still holds to be true, particularly for Team Rocket.

The Team Rocket trio regressed to how they used to be in the first 13 episodes of Pocket Monsters: Kanto (Indigo) League. I mean back at those way too old and great times, when TR trio were both mischievous and cunning before getting stupefied and then blasted to oblivion by Pikachu's thunderbolt.
Spoiler:

The catch in this series for the time being is that everytime that TR are defeated or cornered by our heroes they managed to escape successfully and with grace & dignity without getting blasted by any of Pikachu's electric attacks.

Other traditions that have been broken up to the recent episode is that :
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-17, 01:31   Link #127
zette

Quote:
In my last post, I said that I'm growing old for the Pokemon anime, but due to never getting old for the games that's the only reason why I remain to sit and watch this series. But my patience has limits, and if I see that in four-years-time Ash enters the Isshu league and loses either in the eighth-finals or the quarter-finals, and Not in the semi-finals, thus reaching the top four again, then I'll kiss good-bye for good to future Pokemon anime.
Yeah, I'm still very much a fan of the games and that's pretty much the reason why I still continue to watch the Pokemon anime, though it's also partly because it's an integral part of my childhood that I refuse to let go of. Pokemon DP was, for me, absolutely brilliant and as much as a nostalgia fag as I am for the first generation of Pokemon, I daresay that the DPPt era was the best yet, both for the games and the anime. But, like you, it's been pretty maddening for me to have been waiting over a decade for Ash to win a league. I guess I can find solace in the fact that he has been improving his overall placing with each series and that he'll eventually get there if the trend continues, but still.

Quote:
I think that several of you, Pokemon fans, out there will agree to me that the new, co-lead girl, Iris, is beginning to get vexxing.

For starters, her voice attempts to sound a combination of both cute and energetic, but the pitch of her voice sounds disjointed to me.

Haruka (May) was cute, while Hikari (Dawn) was energetic, but for Iris the animation staff attempted to infuse those two qualities on that girl, but are failing to do so.
Indeed. I seriously just want Hikari back right now. I'm personally okay with the voice -- in fact I quite like it, as Yuuki Aoi is an excellent VA imo. What gets to me though is her personality for reasons that you stated.

I'm glad that Team Rocket is back to what they used to be (and should have been). It's refreshing to see them at least pose somewhat of a threat to Ash and co, rather than them never learning from their mistakes and getting blasted off every single episode.
Old 2010-10-21, 20:17   Link #128
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Recently done with the fifth episode.

This episode was the one I anticipated the most, because it introduced the last member of Ash's new party of friends throughout Isshu.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-28, 05:25   Link #129
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for Best Wishes 7:
Old 2010-11-07, 17:45   Link #130
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This will be my last post for Pokemon BW in this thread for the moment, until the very end of the Isshu storyarc comes to close, unless in the meantime a very good episode appears.

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Now, everything about TR has been drastically changed. Their aura and pressence denotes pure malevolence, and they're truly beefing up.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-12, 21:25   Link #131
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for Best Wishes 7:
Done with the episode, and it's cumbersome to see that Satoshi's stupidity is going bottom, downhill.

Could there be a correlation between Satoshi being idiot while TR-trio has drastically toughened up in regards to their tactics, characters, and will-power?

Now, I'm seeing more changes, since the fourth episode TR-trio has been consciously (and keeping with the schedule) prioritizing the goals of their organization, for whatever plans they hold in store for the Isshu region, rather than going in another wild-goose chase after Satoshi's Pikachu, as they did in the previous series.

Four episodes in a row, since TR-trio has not moved a finger to attempt at stealing Pikachu.

Now, the seventh episode fulfills the return of old standard rules held in the previous anime:
1. Just like in Kanto and Johto, Ash got all three starters for the Isshu region, although the order was reversed this time around- Mijumaru (water 1st), Pokabu (fire 2nd), and Tsutarja (grass last)

2. Unlike Chikorita, Treecko, and Turtwig, Tsutarja's a run-away Pokemon; a little reminiscence with Bulbasaur, though the latter was abandoned.

3. Tsutarja's the second Grass starter caught by Ash that is female; the first one being Chikorita.

4. Tsutarja's possess similar personalities to those of both Bulbasaur and Treecko combined, but behaving regal and dignified.

New standard:
1. The first time in the anime franchise that Ash has two female Pokemon at the same time in his basic team of six.
Old 2010-11-13, 09:25   Link #132
FireChick

*sigh* Is anyone else ticked off with the fact that Arceus And The Jewel Of Life IS NOT ON DVD YET!?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 06:18   Link #133
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for Image preview of BW20:

They are finally here ...
The Team Plasma in the next episode !
Old 2011-02-15, 21:00   Link #134
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

By the eighteenth episode, Ash got his sixth Unova Pokemon, expanding his team to 7 members. Again, Ash forgot that he cannot carry more than six Pokemon with him.

Spoiler:

Moreover, we got another episode with no Team Rocket seen around and attempting to catch Pikachu, and I'm almost at 20 episodes into the series.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-18, 19:52   Link #135
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Angry

I have terrible news that surely will ire many fans' good prospects that held at the beginning of this new show.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-18, 23:01   Link #136
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

BW had been so boring, I couldn't help but drop it. The first season that I never felt motivated to watch it...
But
Spoiler for recent episode:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 19:18   Link #137
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Something interesting with the old-fashioned Team Rocket has kept in the current episodes.

Since the twenty-ninth episode, TR kept their serious semblance and demeanor and making serious attempts to secure a place for a base of operations in Unova region.

One thing that piqued my curiosity, at least for as far as I've seen into this show, which is the thirtieth episode...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-28, 23:11   Link #138
HasuMasu
*Artist

hhmmm, never knew there was a pokemon thread

not sure if i'll watch, i mean, advanced was my favorite since well, that's the one i grew up with

from what i gather, team rocket has lost its idiocy, good

ash on the other hand
Old 2011-06-02, 17:40   Link #139
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I am not following the thread so sorry if someone posted this before... in between it has strong language, and is hilarious

Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 19:31   Link #140
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Are they still airing new episodes of the cartoon?