AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-25, 23:39   Link #281
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Kallen kicking ass is a given. For C.C. to do such a thing requires her to actually have a Knightmare and I seem to recall that with the exception of episode 1 of R2, she never piloted a Knightmare outside of the Gawain where Lelouch could keep an eye on her. I don't really think he would just let her go into combat by herself for some reason, though that is just my interpretation.
Why would Lelouch have a problem with her going into combat?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 23:46   Link #282
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hmm, I'm not sure how to put this honestly. Saying he doesn't want her hurt is part of what I'm trying to say, but that isn't all there is to it. Why did he not give her any sort of position? To avoid questions or the Geass coming out?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 23:47   Link #283
Aquaman OS

Her piloting skills? I thought it was her physical healing abilities and advanced brain chemistry they were interested in. C.C. never really came across as that great a pilot to me. Kallen seemed better of the two with C.C. having an advantage in that she could be much more reckless with her own life due to her healing.

I thought the whole point of Project C was to give people immortality and advanced brains and nothing to do with piloting except make a new knightmare human interface.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 23:54   Link #284
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Her piloting skills may not have interested them, but I wouldn't say C.C. is a bad pilot at all. She does pretty well from what I have seen. The whole point of the project was immortality though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-25, 23:57   Link #285
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure how to put this honestly. Saying he doesn't want her hurt is part of what I'm trying to say, but that isn't all there is to it. Why did he not give her any sort of position? To avoid questions or the Geass coming out?
what do you mean? by episode 18 everyone in the upper echelons of the order knows about her, and currently she's responsible for everyone at the Chinese embassy while Lelouch deals with his spy problem. She may not have a designation in the group, but she's still Zero's accomplice, that carries quite a lot of clout with it.

The only real reason I can see for why C.C. wasn't piloting before is quite simply because she does whatever she likes. Tamaki has clearly been trying to badger her into piloting at some point before 19, and yet she didn't seem to have heeded him and done so at all.

Did Lelouch even ask her to pilot before he got his hands on the Gawain? Can we say that C.C.'s lack of involvement is due to anything other than Lelouch being thick headed? Or maybe her own doubts about getting too close to Lelouch before 15, that it's alright to save him but not to directly help him? I mean clearly she was still an integral part of all of Lelouch's operation in episode 27. I can't really say that her piloting the Gawain was simply a one time thing and not a fundamental change in her relation to Lelouch that had been evolving over the course the first season.
Old 2008-04-26, 00:00   Link #286
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, I was mistaken in my thoughts. Sorry.

Old 2008-04-26, 01:23   Link #287
CooKie D.

I think when Lelouch gets a new unit it will be two-seater. With his piloting skills it's suicide for him to go on the offensive even with a long range KMF, and since someone's gotta be with him, might as well be CC, whom he trusts greatly and is a good pilot

Was the nature of the experiments on CC and Orange revelaed somewhere? (like in magazine interviews, DVDs) From the show alone it wasn't revealed what was being done to them...
CooKie D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 04:25   Link #288
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@ashley the project based on her healing abilities and advanced brain chemistry she didn't pilot a knighmare until episode 20

@onizuka what was the druid system anyway?can someone please tell me that?
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 05:38   Link #289
JMvS
Rawrrr!

@dom33: The druid system seems to be:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
An immense super computer that could even calculate runic data from Geass ruins, see, doesn't it fit Lelouch's style extremely well?
another of it's application which has been put trough use was a tactical computer: monitoring OotBK offensive using the data provided by it's KMF's dataspheres.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 15:15   Link #290
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
@ashley the project based on her healing abilities and advanced brain chemistry she didn't pilot a knighmare until episode 20

seemed to be about how her brain worked, yes. but the immortality thing was Clovis' interest, Not Schneizel's. Jeremiah was clearly a weapon.

anyway, the point is C.C.'s mental capacity/reaction time was deemed "weapon's grade" so to speak. So clearly she's more than capable of being an extremely good KMF pilot (much like Suzaku, who had done nothing but simulator training before episode 2, and yet still managed to destroy an entire platoon of KMFs single handedly >_>)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
another of it's application which has been put trough use was a tactical computer: monitoring OotBK offensive using the data provided by it's KMF's dataspheres.
that actually seems to be what it's original application was. the whole thing in 19 was rather out of the ordinary, which is why they brought Lloyd along in case the computer had trouble wrapping itself around such data
Old 2008-04-26, 15:26   Link #291
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post

From my impression it is basically an analytical engine, think super computer that they use in research labs to crunch out mutation of viruses or predict global weather patterns.

those sort of big things.

It was built into a KMF so that it was mobile and has it's own security in terms that it can defend itself in a limited way and can be transported and guarded easily with all the KMF equipment lying around.

the prince also added those cannons on as a whim, because it was a test-machine he felt you might as will test other things, kill two birds with one stone. well that's my impression anyway.

so the druid system was used to analyse the ruins and other complex things, but as you saw, when zero nicked it, he used the basic function that the standard KMF has a command feature, (for officers to direct their teams) and used the power of the druid system to process all battlefield information so it became a command unit. no doubt druid system did not have the ability to work in this way, and i think lanka(the indian women) probably tweaked it so it can be done, as well as linking the computer controlled stabilization equipment to make the cannons usable.
Old 2008-05-04, 16:56   Link #292
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

So we get to see the Tristian in action... I'm not impressed. The flight mode is just ridiculous even more so than Lancelot on the ground
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 17:43   Link #293
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
So we get to see the Tristian in action... I'm not impressed. The flight mode is just ridiculous even more so than Lancelot on the ground
I had no problem with the transforming or its flight, pretty good actually.

The real funny thing though, is the head.

That's the definition of ridiculous.

for a moment it reminded me of Mask Panty Hero.

Although the weapon was pretty cool.
Old 2008-05-04, 17:45   Link #294
KrimzonStriker

I thought it was pretty good, and it doesn't really matter how it looks to me as long as it kicks lots of ass
Old 2008-05-04, 17:48   Link #295
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I thought it was pretty good, and it doesn't really matter how it looks to me as long as it kicks lots of ass
pervert

Old 2008-05-04, 17:50   Link #296
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
I had no problem with the transforming or its flight, pretty good actually.

The real funny thing though, is the head.

That's the definition of ridiculous.

for a moment it reminded me of Mask Panty Hero.

Although the weapon was pretty cool.
About his head, any known reason what those blue shiny things are. Though personally Tristan design is not my favorite and I am not particularly fond of those color scheme.
Old 2008-05-04, 17:51   Link #297
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
pervert

Eh, how did that happen?
Old 2008-05-04, 19:07   Link #298
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Eh, how did that happen?

Quote:

Hence. pervert.

Old 2008-05-04, 19:31   Link #299
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't see what that has to do with KS's comment either unless there was a direct reference which I never saw.

Old 2008-05-04, 19:37   Link #300
KrimzonStriker

Yeah, never seen that pic before so I'm still a bit in the dark here <_<

Tags
mecha