AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-07, 11:42   Link #121
CWW
Lurker

Etsuko Yakushimaru was not credited for the OP, just the ED.

But, you're right, music is subjective. When you said this OP is barely a song and Denpa Onna's is brilliant, expressive etc. though, that's where the line is drawn. An OP is an OP. It should introduce viewers to the show. Nothing more. You can say it's expressive of a character, but 1) the character hasn't been introduced yet when you watch the OP for the first time and 2) it's in Japanese.

It's not whether one's better or worse. Kill Me Baby's OP gave me a good impression of the show. Denpa Onna's did not. That's all. Feel free to disagree.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 11:49   Link #122
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
The gags unfortunately don't make me laught, pretty boring but is me.
I guess the best 4-koma adaption was Kanamemo before and Yuyu Yuri now. At least YY have a second season.
Yuru Yuri isn't 4-koma. Working!! would be a better example of how to adapt 4-koma to an anime series -- introduce all the characters at the start and give each episode a solid dramatic plot that will keep viewers interested while using appropriate gags from throughout the series. I think Kill Me Baby's biggest mistake was taking so long to introduce characters -- just get them in there and establish something for them to do.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 17:10   Link #123
Undertaker

Yuru Yuri isn't a 4-koma, as Utsuro no Hako mentioned Working! is and there are a lot of 4-Koma in past few years that had tremendous success and most are arguably better than their manga original. This fact doesn't bode well for Kill Me Baby as comparision even though first episode isn't bad.

which doesn't bode well for Kill Me Baby as comparision even though first episode isn't bad. K-On, Lucky Star, Working!, Seitokai Yakuindomo, GA Art Design, Sketchbook, and not to mention the grand-dady that started this trend, Azumanga Daioh.

Compare to those I felt episode one as a whole didn't really live up to my expectation, but it was a decent episode.
Old 2012-01-07, 17:13   Link #124
Midonin
Last Engage

Ika Musume also isn't a 4-koma. Make sure to do some research.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 17:16   Link #125
Undertaker

Fixed, that was my bad, for some reason it pop up in my head, and I fuckin' own the series too...
Old 2012-01-07, 22:36   Link #126
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

The OP was a bit annoying to me. I liked the ED though. Although the art and design isn't really my style, the jokes made me chuckle a few times.

Maybe this will be a good change of pace for me.

Endless "Hygienically cautious" Soul
Old 2012-01-07, 22:56   Link #127
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
An OP is an OP. It should introduce viewers to the show. Nothing more.
I disagree. There are a number of anime out there that I think are awful but have wonderful OPs - for example, Himiko Den, whose OP does not even contain the protagonist, if I recall correctly. With bad anime, the less the OP resembles the show, the better. Even with really good anime, I'd rather have a great OP that seems totally unrelated to the show instead of a mediocre OP that introduces it (that I skip every episode). Of course an ideal OP would do both - like, say, Card Captor Sakura's.

As for this anime - I can't say I've ever liked a 4-koma adaptations (or the originals) much, but this is worse than usual. At least they could have made a new anime screenplay based on the original material, but instead, they kept the choppy 4-koma pacing that does not work on the screen.
Old 2012-01-08, 13:55   Link #128
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Watched episode 01 last night and I rather liked it. I will admit, I think I like the ED a lot better then the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Cherry View Post
...but instead, they kept the choppy 4-koma pacing that does not work on the screen.
Personally I think the pacing worked ok, but maybe it might work better if this was a series of 3min episodes like Morita-san.
Old 2012-01-08, 13:59   Link #129
Midonin
Last Engage

It may be a 24-minute episode, but it's more like a series of short sketches strung together anyway. The first and second halves could've easily been an episode on their own if it was a 15-minute time slot.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 03:12   Link #130
Kagayaki

Oh god, I can't stop hearing it

Old 2012-01-09, 17:07   Link #131
chaos_animagic

Funnies OP and ED I've seen up to date....

i am soo gonna make a meme out of the phrase "Kill Me Baby" and spread it everywhere...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:21   Link #132
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As a person who absolutely loves Denpa Onna's OP, and was even addicted to both of Jinn's songs (Raion and Kaidoku Funou), even I would be knocked out if I tried to listen to the OP more than once a day
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:44   Link #133
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I liken it to a Weird Al song. At least in intermentation and weirdness.
Old 2012-01-10, 04:57   Link #134
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I liken it to a Weird Al song. At least in intermentation and weirdness.
Hit the nail on the head there. Definitely reminiscent of Weird Al's polka medleys.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 09:24   Link #135
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The ED is getting really addictive here....
Old 2012-01-10, 11:10   Link #136
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
More inspired than the other J.C.Staff shows, but I don't know if 20 minute episodes is the right choice. Also I loved the VAs, very distinct and fitting
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 13:01   Link #137
maximilianjenus
[E]

I loved this show and will be the only show I will watch this season everything else sucks.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 13:05   Link #138
Akarin

Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 14:11   Link #139
maximilianjenus
[E]

Sure, I know there is a lot of horrible stuff in this show, though most of that can simply be blamed in having the same budget as a flash anime, the good thing is taht this is a comedy anime so it does not suffer, and while the jokes are kinda dumb they are very fresh for the genre.
Since I tend to watch at least one comedy show per season, rewatching the same jokes always makes them lose impact so what made the deal for me in this anime was that thenjokes felt free, even fi they are jsut based on a combination of violence (sonia), dumb characters (yasuna) and being weird/oportunistic (agiri).
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 18:20   Link #140
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So.. Is this a fight now to see if the OP or ED is more addicting? Well, the ED is already winning with that dance there..

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, seinen