AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-05, 19:18   Link #641
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

OMG! That Leon final boss just wouldn't freaking die He's got more perseverance than a shounen protagonist !! And each transformation is more F**ked up than the last But on a positive note, I can't deny it makes was one hell of a battle... Or rather, battles.

At the end... They're really pushing the Leon/Ada angle huh I know they weren't exactly subtle to begin with, but this time it's like firing on all cylinders Hell, they still manages to squeeze in Leon's trademark line-

"Heh, women..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 19:23   Link #642
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

^ I'm hoping a little that there will be a dlc scenario with those two lovebirds only.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 23:15   Link #643
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
^ I'm hoping a little that there will be a dlc scenario with those two lovebirds only.
We already have it. It's titled "Resident Evil Damnation"

And I believe I found the reason why critics are divided over Bio6 :-

Capcom producer revealed that RE brand has to move toward action to pick up the casual CoD crowd in order to garner similar sales.

Quote:
One of the common trends in brand name franchises is getting the game out there to as many people as possible and hoping that the game can hit Call of Duty status, the coveted $1 billion in one month.
You know, Capcom could have started a new action IP if they want to have a CoD Clone. But they apparently do not have the balls to do so and exploit the Bio Branding to maximise their returns in the shortest time possible. They even copied the snow mobile escape wholesale from MW2. But it works with 45 million copies shipped.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-10-06 at 01:26. Reason: Please keep the comments on the game itself.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 23:53   Link #644
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
It's reported that RE6's been shipped worldwide with 4.5 million copies being sold.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 00:00   Link #645
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
You know, Capcom could have started a new action IP if they want to have a CoD Clone. But they apparently do not have the balls to do so and exploit the Bio Branding to maximise their returns in the shortest time possible. They even copied the snow mobile escape wholesale from MW2. But it works with 45 million copies shipped.
4.5 million, not 45 million.

And lets be honest, do you really think RE6 plays at all like COD ? Even ignoring the fps and tps thing there is a world of difference.
Old 2012-10-06, 00:36   Link #646
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Bad move for Kawata for making RE look like COD, he should know that the COD empire is about to fall sooner or later -_-; not very innovative and it's no wonder why many famous people from capcom are leaving and start establishing their own game company.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-10-06 at 01:35.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 02:31   Link #647
Sagi

Whats up with the camera is worse than it was in RE5, I'm always end up getting a headache 5 minutes into the game.

Man this games feels more like an action game like Gears of War than a Resident Evil Game.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 03:08   Link #648
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finished the first three chapter 1 and I am liking the game thus far. I can understand of course the frustrations about the series shift in the last 5 years but hey as someone who started with the first game it's both good and bad.

For me the biggext problem is that the game sets absurdly high expectations and while succeeds in most, falls short on others. I am loving the different settings and gameplay styles per character, the more action oriented combat and in some cases the classic cheap scares. The more story oriented approach is also a good thing for me as it really delves deeper in a series that has always had a lot of potential than a simple video game tribute to b horror movies.

On the other hand it lacks a lot of consistency. The fantastic set pieces are tempered down by some dull sections. Combat can get frustrations by some control issues. Taking everything in consideration it feels like 2 steps forward and one step back rather than the hyped radical change in survival horror. The series has changed a lot in recent years so ymmv, but for me in the end it still so for manages to retain the old school elements that it revolutionized but still managed to evolve.

Not the amazing game I wanted it to be but a great game nonetheless.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 09:02   Link #649
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
We already have it. It's titled "Resident Evil Damnation"

And I believe I found the reason why critics are divided over Bio6 :-

Capcom producer revealed that RE brand has to move toward action to pick up the casual CoD crowd in order to garner similar sales.

Interesting, I saw that news, or a similar older article, a while back, where he or someone else over there essentially said the same thing, and my thoughts now are the same as then.

It doesn't matter how much they try to imitate COD or beat it, I don't believe they have a chance, at least in terms of sales. They could be the king of the more niche genre of survival horror, but instead they foolishly go after the crown of one they can never dethrone.

More subjectively, as someone who was a fan of Banjo Kazooie and went through the trauma of Nuts & Bolts, and whose thoughts on the subject are informed by that, I'm never a fan of a franchise almost entirely ditching its roots to head in a wholly new direction. Nothing wrong with trying to appeal to more players, or evolving a franchise, but if you're trying to completely change your stripes, just make a new IP. Comments like this producer's reflect the worst kind of selling out, as far as I'm concerned.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 09:34   Link #650
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post

It doesn't matter how much they try to imitate COD or beat it, I don't believe they have a chance, at least in terms of sales. They could be the king of the more niche genre of survival horror, but instead they foolishly go after the crown of one they can never dethrone.
Or they could slowly fade away into obscurity like Silent Hill and Fatal Frame, both of which don't have any good games to brag about in recent years.

Though I really think Capcom should just shut up about COD, it's giving them unnecessary bad rep on top of their existing bad rep.

But seriously, this change in style has been going on for almost 10 years already; nearly half of the Resident Evil main games have this style. Isn't it already a part of the series' roots and traditions as well?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-10-06 at 09:45.
Old 2012-10-06, 10:41   Link #651
Sumeragi
Banned

CoD: Frankly, I would be surprised if the game did not change that way. Let's face it: Like it or not, after Raccoon City the use of BOWs became widely spread in the context of RE, so exactly how do you keep to survival horror when the entire world is potentially at stake? Just as 9/11 changed our world, Raccoon City changed the RE world. To ignore that change is really being behind the times.

Okay, so I finished up to Chapter 2 of the main three campaigns. Considering which one to finish first. Right now my current thought is Jake -> Chris -> Leon, but if there are any suggestions, my ears are open.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 12:57   Link #652
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Or they could slowly fade away into obscurity like Silent Hill and Fatal Frame, both of which don't have any good games to brag about in recent years.

Though I really think Capcom should just shut up about COD, it's giving them unnecessary bad rep on top of their existing bad rep.

But seriously, this change in style has been going on for almost 10 years already; nearly half of the Resident Evil main games have this style. Isn't it already a part of the series' roots and traditions as well?
That's a fair point, perhaps that's why I'm not nearly as outraged about the newer entries as I have been regarding similar situations with other franchises. Except when you have Capcom making comments like that, that's just irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
CoD: Frankly, I would be surprised if the game did not change that way. Let's face it: Like it or not, after Raccoon City the use of BOWs became widely spread in the context of RE, so exactly how do you keep to survival horror when the entire world is potentially at stake? Just as 9/11 changed our world, Raccoon City changed the RE world. To ignore that change is really being behind the times.
Side stories/games? Just because the world's at war with BOWs doesn't mean there's no room for survival horror. That'd be like saying just because 9/11 resulted in a more militarized world, there could be no more horror stories that didn't involve armies going in with guns blazing. The thing is, the main characters of RE by this point have the experience from years of fighting Umbrella to bulldoze their way through most obstacles like tanks. So how about playing as people who don't have that experience, and are as wet behind the ears as Chris and Jill were back in RE? I think that would greatly facilitate the implementation of a gameplay style more similar to the old games.

Last edited by Xagzan; 2012-10-06 at 13:13.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 18:24   Link #653
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I wonder, when did recording of the character voices start? Because Simmons sounds just like David Lodge, and I heard he left the VA business with a union.
Old 2012-10-06, 21:53   Link #654
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I wonder, when did recording of the character voices start? Because Simmons sounds just like David Lodge, and I heard he left the VA business with a union.
Um... what? He didn't leave the VA business, he joined a Union so he could get more money out of the job, which ultimately and unfortunately also meant he had to leave anything that was unsupported by his Union.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 23:21   Link #655
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Completed Chris' campaign; Story-wise in some ways I like it better than Leon's... Certainly very emotional.

Gameplay-wise it's almost a complete opposite of Leon's but not in the way you're thinking; fighting Javo is a completely different experience than fighting zombies. There certainly are alot more of ball-ache moments, usually in wide open areas like the Edonia and the Aircraft carrier while Leon's ball-ache fights are narrow and restricting areas like the underground cavern. With zombies, quickshot and melee are your best friend, while with Javo I tend to rely on mostly on guns.

Against Javo you're pretty much screwed if you run out of ammo, but aside from the occasional rpg assholes, there isn't alot of cheap attacks that will demolish your health unlike Zombies.

Special moments?

Spoiler for Chapter 4:
Old 2012-10-07, 02:43   Link #656
Sumeragi
Banned

So I finished the Jake and Chris campaigns. I might be in the minority, but I felt that the Chris ending was a bit too melodramatic for me.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 22:40   Link #657
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The rumor on "No Hope Left Mode" is to unlock everything.

I think the reason why they gave RE6 low scores for one it's a mixture of games all rolled into one. Shooting, QTE, chase, heck even the car chase seen from Chris's campaign looks like a game from Capcom, Ace Combat, COD, bad camera always moving much worst than RE5 and so on. Which is a bad mix.

The good thing here is that at least it still has a good story, has some of that old school RE feel in "some" events on the campaign stages.

Also that guy is not HUNK, it's a BSAA agent that survived.

Quote:
Mining Depths stage: Complete Jake’s campaign in the story mode
Steel Beast stage: Complete Chris’s campaign in the story mode
Ada’s Mercenaries character: Complete Ada’s campaign in the story mode
BSAA Agent’s Mercenaries character: Unlock every character and their alternate costumes
Carla’s Mercenaries character: Unlock every character and their alternate costumes
Helena’s Mercenaries character: Complete Urban Chaos stage with a B rank or better
Piers’ Mercenaries character: Complete Steel Beast stage with a B rank or better
Sherry’s Mercenaries character: Complete Mining Depths stage with a B rank or better
Extra Mercenaries costumes: Complete any stage with an A rank or better with each character
EDIT:

Oh and yes, this similarity

http://sadpanda.us/images/1222084-3OTR7ET.jpg

Original image
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...on-d5gchug.jpg

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2012-10-07 at 23:53.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 04:40   Link #658
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Finished all the campaigns last night and started a pro playthrough... Hey, Unlimited Magnum ammunition made Leon's first chapter a piece of piss.

Had a break and decided to play through as Piers in Chris' campaign. The AM rifle is pretty good!

And has anyone played Mercenaries much? I thought I was pretty good at RE6 after all the campaigns but I barely scraped 20,000 points for a D rank in Leon's fight in the first area.

Any hints?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 05:37   Link #659
paladinenvec

Spoiler:
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 05:43   Link #660
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post

And has anyone played Mercenaries much? I thought I was pretty good at RE6 after all the campaigns but I barely scraped 20,000 points for a D rank in Leon's fight in the first area.

Any hints?
Find a partner.

Seriously it makes all the difference to have someone help to keep the combo running.

Another thing I saw people do a lot is to get all the time bonus first before killing your first enemy.