AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 55 32.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 23.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.60%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-21, 14:56   Link #21
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Atma
Original Ep.???

Is it the one that its storylines exist only in Animation, not in the Novel?
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-21, 14:58   Link #22
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Go to this page:
http://www.haruhi.tv/activitylog.html

Hit Ctrl+A and you'll find extra contents...
So there're 15490 more episodes to go before Suzumiya ends...
And there're supposed to be 8 pictures at the bottom...though they never load up...wonder what they are?
Old 2006-05-21, 15:13   Link #23
Omniscient

Episode 08 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
OBJECTION! 8)

Great Spoof. 8)
lol, I knew that pose looked familiar
Old 2006-05-21, 15:30   Link #24
dxgarten

Episode 08 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-21, 16:02   Link #25
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Great Episode! Looks Like A great Reference for Gyakuten Saiben From Capcom
The Crime, The Objection, The Clue... Everything... Difficult to ask for a translation of all

I can't wait for Tuesday
Old 2006-05-21, 16:07   Link #26
kari-no-sugata

I just finished reading the novel translation. Hmm, the anime version was better in a number of ways (normally they're about even).
Old 2006-05-21, 16:49   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So now Kyon can buy Suzumiya the entire Nancy Drew mystery series for her christmas present....
Old 2006-05-21, 17:01   Link #28
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
I just finished reading the novel translation. Hmm, the anime version was better in a number of ways (normally they're about even).
That's 'cause you havn't been reading novel in details...
As you read more and more of the novels you'll be reverting back to the older volumes. When I was reading vol. 6 I had all 5 vol. open in front of me and a white board behind so I can cross reference and analyze the situation...There're clues here and there and it's really fun to join the clues together...Suzumiya Haruhi is not only a SF, it's also a Detective Story!
Old 2006-05-21, 17:45   Link #29
tritoch

Spoiler for haruhixkyon:
Old 2006-05-21, 19:51   Link #30
Keitarou
Ninja

Hmm, yeah, a good episode. Some screens

Favourite moment in this episode, without a doubt:

and everything after that. Kyon trying to shield Haruhi when they fell off the cliff was a nice scene.

And most important. Haruhi's expression of the day:

The bra shot was priceless as well. ;)

Next episode...14, Someday in the Rain, quite a jump, does that mean that 00 is set somewhere inbetween or will we see a skip somewhere in the timeline, perhaps no episode 13(?). That's something I would actually expect from KyoAni after everything so far. ;)
Old 2006-05-21, 20:09   Link #31
Takisho

Send a message via MSN to Takisho
Another great episode.

Something that caught my eye was that Kyon's imagination of the murder (e.g. when Kyon and Hauhi were inside the cave) seem to be enacted by actual people instead of, well, anime people. Just wondering if I'm right.
Old 2006-05-21, 20:48   Link #32
Pakxenon
popcorn

The reenactments were killer! Great stuff from KyoAni.

Yeah, Asahina Mikuru no Bouken is probably episode 13 from the looks of it, with two episodes for the making of the movie.

I'm guessing they're going to end the series with a series of the remaining three Melancholy episodes. -____- Should be a blast!
Old 2006-05-21, 21:28   Link #33
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takisho
Something that caught my eye was that Kyon's imagination of the murder (e.g. when Kyon and Hauhi were inside the cave) seem to be enacted by actual people instead of, well, anime people. Just wondering if I'm right.
You are correct it was done by actors, I was also impressed by that, it really added another dimension to it. bravo KyoAni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
That's 'cause you havn't been reading novel in details...
As you read more and more of the novels you'll be reverting back to the older volumes. When I was reading vol. 6 I had all 5 vol. open in front of me and a white board behind so I can cross reference and analyze the situation...
That reminds me, when are you going to come on over and give us a hand? If you got the time to read vol.6 please give a sympathetic thought for us non-lingo readers....

*scrawls "Baka-Tsuki" in the sand as he sulks*

Old 2006-05-21, 21:34   Link #34
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

A great episode. The mystery itself isn't much to look at (especially if you already know everything like I do), but Haruhi's dere dere side was great here. The conversations within the episode aren't new, but Kyoani made the right choice by having the dialogues divided up and carried out through different interesting situations (for example, Kyon and Haruhi's conversation in the cave), rather than have everything explained in just words (which is what the novel pretty much did).

The Gyakuten Saiban parody ("Objection!") was a laugh, there were various other references to other series as well (Kyon's "the eye" + "creaky" music reminded me of Higurashi right away ).

Also, the "debriefing" was also nice. There wasn't a debriefing session at all in the novel (the story ended when Kyon discovered the truth + 1 page of "epilogue-like" conclusion), so it's good to see that Kyoani managed to tie up the story quite nicely.

Then again, "Lone Island Syndrome" wasn't that good of a story to begin with. "Snow Mountain Syndrome" was much better, but I guess that's impossible to do without having "Lone Island" and "Shoushitsu" done first...

=================================

Well then, it looks like the next episode is going to be the original episode mentioned in The Sneaker.

"Someday in the Rain"
The first thing I noticed is the fact that Kyon's wearing winter clothings. A pretty big time jump again (from Lone Island's July), but makes sense seeing as how this will be the final episode (14). The market street might remind some people of Tameiki (volume 2, the filming of Episode 00), which, time-line wise, fits the fall/winter theme. But if it's an original episode, then it's obviously not going to be about Tameiki.
Notice the item that Kyon picked up is an "electric stove" (portable heater). From Kyon's reaction, looks like it's another errand for Haruhi.

Haruhi's "otsukaresama♥ Kyon" in the end was dangerously dere though. Well, it's the final episode (time-line wise) after all, I'm looking forward to seeing how Kyoani will "tie things up".
Old 2006-05-21, 21:38   Link #35
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Haruhi's "otsukaresama♥ Kyon" in the end was dangerously dere though. Well, it's the final episode (time-line wise) after all, I'm looking forward to seeing how Kyoani will "tie things up".
What does that mean? I'm quite blur as to the arrangement of the anime and how it'll play out.
Old 2006-05-21, 21:42   Link #36
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
What does that mean? I'm quite blur as to the arrangement of the anime and how it'll play out.
don't ask me, im just as confused as you are.

Why am i smiling about this, i have no idea. i guess i'm just happily confused, if that's not confusing enough for you.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-05-21 at 22:06.
Old 2006-05-21, 22:04   Link #37
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
haurhi is asking if "kyon-sama" is tired

it's hard to imagine haruhi using honorific japanese to kyon thou~
Old 2006-05-21, 22:15   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay... I'm going to be absolutely stunned if they don't get a green light for 14 more episodes. I could visualize a crowd of desperate otaku actually eating the studio board by board when they realize its over.
Old 2006-05-21, 22:29   Link #39
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Okay... I'm going to be absolutely stunned if they don't get a green light for 14 more episodes. I could visualize a crowd of desperate otaku actually eating the studio board by board when they realize its over.
i think we should go destroy kyoto ani...err i mean protest

50 more min till raw is done
Old 2006-05-21, 22:54   Link #40
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Woah , great episode.
I think it was the first time we saw Haruhi showing her caring side as well as proving that she DOES have common sense (I feared she would get excited about this incident...puh). She is not just a UFO\espers\whatever-obsessed weirdo after all... That's good.
And "otskaresama~ , Kyon" at the end was really unexpected and ... cute

And what was with Itsuki staring at Kyon's birthmark?

Last edited by Incoan; 2006-05-21 at 23:09.
Closed Thread