Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-22, 00:57   Link #1341
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post

I don't think anyone has claimed a superstar "always needs the best team" around him to win.

Even with their special performances, Hakeem, Duncan and Dirk's title-winning teams were deeper than you're implying.

Fuck Wade? What did he do in the play-offs that's so heinous?
Yes but their 2nd best player was no better than Mo Williams, n no one making that excuse for them.

Hell Duncan even reject the "big 3" idea.

Wade? dude acting like whiniest people in the world now, always whine in the court, arrogant body language, etc.. what the hell happened to him? dude always looks cool before this big 3 era.

I don't know if he playing bad cop role for this Miami team and Lebron, but sure as hell Wade never like this before.

Btw I'm not take anything from Lebron, he earned this. I hope he wearing Suns jersey in 3 year.
Old 2012-06-22, 01:12   Link #1342
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

LeBron signed for six years, didn't he?
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 01:14   Link #1343
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
LeBron signed for six years, didn't he?
4 with one year player option I thought?

We need our new Barkley!
Old 2012-06-22, 02:29   Link #1344
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Congrats to Lebron he worked hard for his title and deserved and a be big FU to the haters but I still wish Durant could of won it (UT!!!!) but he will get his made me sad when he was in tears hugging his mom.

But now that that Lebron has a ring ehat will the media talk about now not having 6. Melo and the clumsy ass knicks D-Howard it will be a weird NBA season next year with no can lebron chase the elusive NBA championship.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 05:09   Link #1345
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Huzzah for the Heat coming through. James will always have his haters, but he's the one with a ring and an uttelry dominant season and playoffs performance. Wade might have lowered his colours a bit, but he's still got it overall. Bosh hopefully ended any doubt he lacks toughness considering he showed up Boston and Chicago last year and utterly outdid TWO people against OKC. The rest were absent for most of the playoffs but showed up big time for the Finals. Seeing Mike Miller suddenly flick the switch on and go ballistic was a damn nice sight to see.

I think Jordan might evoke sympathy due to the murder of his father, but as good a player as he was, all the top tier players need another couple around their level. Pippen was in the 50 Great Players of All Time for a reason and Grant was also crucial. Kobe needed Shaq and then Gasol. James needed Wade and Bosh.

This whole saga made me come back to basketball. I'm stoked it worked. Barkley, Miller, Ewing and Malone not getting rings was harsh and I didn't want to see James and Bosh join them. And of course, Spoelstra - who copped super-harsh criticism from Day 1 as supposedly not being worthy, but stuck to his guns and made Miami great defensively.

More championships are probably expected of them. But hey, at least they did get one. Superteams usually bomb - it's nice to see one work.
Old 2012-06-22, 05:18   Link #1346
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Who that don't need Wade and Bosh though? BOTH of them. that's such a silly thing to said.

Ah, I'm sounds like blind haters again.
Old 2012-06-22, 05:38   Link #1347
sky black swordman

But here is the thing with the "Big 3" need to be payed a lot of money. The NBA salary cap. Now you guys tell me are they no can they keep all those other players plus the Wade and Bosh. No matter how good they are together the money issues will became a problem for the Heat organization. They will need to trade or release some players . The Heat will keep James that a no brainer but can they keeep Bosh and Wade too.
Old 2012-06-22, 07:47   Link #1348
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

It would probably be Wade if anyone leaves. He played like he was on the downside of his career this post season and his knees look like a recurring problem.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 07:56   Link #1349
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

No way Miami release Wade, no matter what he's their franchise biggest player. His Jersey is the one that will hung the highest after their MJ retired jersey.
Old 2012-06-22, 07:59   Link #1350
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Who says that Wade won't retire sometime soon? I can't see him playing to near 40. With his injuries, I can't see him reaching 35. Wade won rings with two different Miami groups.

James is a given to stay. I think Bosh proved how crucial he is to the mix with how Wade struggled while Bosh was injured. OKC tear apart the West then Perkins and Ibaka get pounded by Bosh? His stats may not be the highest on that team, but the lack of stats on his opponents speak volumes.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:37   Link #1351
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Michael Jordan played in a period were there was less rules, and more physical contact. It was a really rough sport.
Not to mention a period where there was significantly less flopping.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 08:41   Link #1352
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
the rebounding king Dennis Rodman (Sakuragi, I'm looking at you)
YOSH!

now the song is stuck in my head

Didn't get to watch the game, but was looking at the breakdown on my phone. It looked like it was pretty much all Durant with 32 points, then Westbrook and Harding with 19 points each, Fisher with 11, Ibaka with 9, and a trickle here and there amongst the bench. Meanwhile, Miami pretty much had a balanced spread with LeBron, Wade, Bosch and Miller with 20+ points a piece, then Chalmers and Battier with 10 and 11 points each.

I'll hate LeBron a little less when he shaves his head to get rid of that ridiculous receding hairline My only semi-serious question is if LeBron was crying after they won >.>

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2012-06-22 at 08:57.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 09:27   Link #1353
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Yes but their 2nd best player was no better than Mo Williams, n no one making that excuse for them.

Hell Duncan even reject the "big 3" idea.

Wade? dude acting like whiniest people in the world now, always whine in the court, arrogant body language, etc.. what the hell happened to him? dude always looks cool before this big 3 era.

I don't know if he playing bad cop role for this Miami team and Lebron, but sure as hell Wade never like this before.

Btw I'm not take anything from Lebron, he earned this. I hope he wearing Suns jersey in 3 year.
Okay...

I don't understand the Duncan comment. Regardless, he's been fortunate to play with at least four top talents in his career.

Fair enough. You could accuse any number of superstars of whining and arrogant body language, especially when things aren't going well.

I really don't see how his behaviour has changed since LeBron and Bosh joined him. But everyone's entitled to their opinion.
Old 2012-06-22, 20:35   Link #1354
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
No way Miami release Wade, no matter what he's their franchise biggest player. His Jersey is the one that will hung the highest after their MJ retired jersey.
WOW now are trying to say Wade is close to or is on the same level as Jordan get real. Wade need Shaq to get his first ring and to his second he need Bosh and James. Dont get me wrong he is a great player but come on really there a whole lot of other player that are better then Wade . If I misinterpreted what you said then sorry .

This is the bad that comes with James winning a championship on Espn they have began the James and Jordan comparisons i hate that . He just won his first ring and now you want to compare him to Jordan.

And the whole "FINNALY THE KING GOT HIS CROWN" whats with that .
Old 2012-06-22, 20:44   Link #1355
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
WOW now are trying to say Wade is close to or is on the same level as Jordan get real. Wade need Shaq to get his first ring and to his second he need Bosh and James.

This is the bad that comes with James winning a championship on Espn they have began the James and Jordan comparisons i hate that . He just won his first ring and now you want to compare him to Jordan.

You are not the only person who feels this way. We see this time and again when someone is credited for winning the Finals. No one can compare to Michael Jordan because there will never be another Michael Jordan. Same argument can be made for Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, Tim Duncan, Shaq, and the other Legends. I am sick of tired of these caparisons. I really feel that the NBA is the only sport organization that often compare past great players to the present. I don't see people saying hey that Quarter Back is like Dan Mariano just because he won the Superbowl or that new soccer player is like Lionel Messi. This is one of my biggest pet peeves.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 20:58   Link #1356
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
He was made "King" immediately after he entered the league, and the NBA tried to market him as the "next Michael Jordan".

'cause well -- after the glory days of MJ -- there's been this huge void in the NBA, by which no one has been able to fill. And the sad truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx
No one can compare to Michael Jordan because there will never be another Michael Jordan.
===

EDIT: Also. Lebron winning a ring is being overshadowed by the Sandusky verdict.

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-06-22 at 21:37.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 00:55   Link #1357
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
WOW now are trying to say Wade is close to or is on the same level as Jordan get real. Wade need Shaq to get his first ring and to his second he need Bosh and James. Dont get me wrong he is a great player but come on really there a whole lot of other player that are better then Wade . If I misinterpreted what you said then sorry .

No one catching my sarcasm eh
You know that Heat retiring #23 for no reason

about the hype, that's why some "haters" don't want him to win lol
Old 2012-06-23, 04:39   Link #1358
sky black swordman

@fertygo
Quote:
No one catching my sarcasm eh
Its hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic on these forums . Someone told me you need or its better if you put this (sarcastic) at the end of what you are saying if you want people to know your are being sarcastic.
Old 2012-06-23, 16:44   Link #1359
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

or a eyeroll smiley works just as well

and what kind of mentally damaged person would try and seriously compare Wade to Jordan? o_O
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 23:24   Link #1360
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
or a eyeroll smiley works just as well

and what kind of mentally damaged person would try and seriously compare Wade to Jordan? o_O
TBF their playing style is nearly identical though, only MJ is superior player and not injuries ridden like Wade is.