Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-11, 06:13   Link #301
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa
how?
Spoiler:

It can be easily seen as such : I live my life for 10 years, then go back in time to warn myself about things he doesn't know and advise him to change course. Can I predict my future from then on? No, since myself in the past will have 10 years worth of knowledge, which I didn't have when I was living those 10 years in the first place.

Like if I take part in a lottery, LOSE, remain poor but see the winning number, then travel to the past and tell that to myself. Myself will use the winning number and WIN the lottery, with everything this implies.
Old 2006-04-11, 06:25   Link #302
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
If you guys really want to understand how this kind of thing works, I highly recommend reading SF Chronophysics. You should also probably read "The Time Ships" by Stephen Baxter, which is a pseudo-sequel to H.G.Wells' "The Time Machine".
Danj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 07:07   Link #303
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Spoiler:

It can be easily seen as such : I live my life for 10 years, then go back in time to warn myself about things he doesn't know and advise him to change course. Can I predict my future from then on? No, since myself in the past will have 10 years worth of knowledge, which I didn't have when I was living those 10 years in the first place.

Like if I take part in a lottery, LOSE, remain poor but see the winning number, then travel to the past and tell that to myself. Myself will use the winning number and WIN the lottery, with everything this implies.
Just to sum up everything, it's something called an alternate timeline. By changing the past from the future, the outcome is that there is a new branch on the tree (metaphor), and therefore, things will be different this time round.
Old 2006-04-11, 12:02   Link #304
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Does anyone know the name of the theme that was playing during the Unlimited Blade Works scene? and if it's in the game soundtrack or not?
Old 2006-04-11, 12:26   Link #305
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

It's coincidently called, "Unlimited Blade Works" XD
Old 2006-04-11, 12:36   Link #306
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The games soundtrack listed it as Emiya. But it is less dramatic than the anime version.
Old 2006-04-11, 13:47   Link #307
Imaginary_num6er
虚数

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Eh, not really true, since he has changed the past, so you can't predict the future anymore.
Wasn't this discussed in my reply?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=94
Imaginary_num6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 14:08   Link #308
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
I dont see how Archer's heroic spirit (name shall not be mentioned) had base abilities at archery before becoming Archer? I do believe Archer's heroic spirit only gained his archery skills AFTER becoming Archer. Unless its some kind of game spoiler?

And personally, Archer would had been better if he was a Saber/Berserker class instead, since the 2 classes would enhance his capabilities (in theory anyways) in combat.
Well since my last post was deleted and I need to retort yes it was a game spoiler. Archer wouldnt have been a better berserker because a Berserker is all strength minus sanity and from what we have seen Archer relies on tactics a lot to achieve his victory also. Saber class he could pass off for it if he was chosen.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 16:01   Link #309
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
The games soundtrack listed it as Emiya. But it is less dramatic than the anime version.
Yes, but then you have around three more versions after that.. that are even more dramatic then the anime version. ^^;
Old 2006-04-11, 17:56   Link #310
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Wow what a great ep while not my fav charcter Archer was still a cool guy. He put up one hell of a fight to take on Berserker toe to toe with out backing down deserves some attention. I mean little miss loli had to asked several times are you taking it easy on him? If you have to go down i say go down like that. a move like UTW that can kill one of the greatest heros of all time 5 times is monster. I am wondering how Archers defeat is going to affect Rin her Servant is gone before she really had a chance to do anything, also how is this going to effect Shirou and Rins relationship. Oh well gave it 10 of course
Old 2006-04-11, 18:13   Link #311
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I agree if you have to go down you might as well go down like that. Taking down a guy like Heracles 5 times is an impressive thing to do. Sure I'd have liked him to win, but considering you have to topple this guy 12 times it didn't seem likely.

It'll be interesting to see how Rin moves after this loss. True she can now put entire support behind Shirou since she isn't up against him anymore. Though I wonder how Shirou will take this. It was his fault he got captured and Archer had to fight in order to allow their retreat.
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 21:17   Link #312
kamikazex

damn they should've came in a car if that loli girl was waiting the whole time
lol then archer could've ran away
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 21:32   Link #313
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well it doesn't appear like there is an easy car way there. maybe they should've left Saber behind. Then Shirou and Rin could've gotten away faster and Archer could've made a break for it.
Old 2006-04-11, 22:14   Link #314
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Indeed, killing Berserker 5 times is a great merit, however if I recalled correctly...

Spoiler for Fate scenario:

Considering this anime's Archer argubly has some of his memories, it'd would've been a million times sexier if he used stuff like...
Spoiler:
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 22:23   Link #315
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Now that would've been a wild fight. Especially since he probably could've annihilated Berserker with that kind of ability. THough I don't think the giant sword thing would work out well, I mean would he be able to swing that thing?
Old 2006-04-11, 22:30   Link #316
Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Indeed, killing Berserker 5 times is a great merit, however if I recalled correctly...

Spoiler for Fate scenario:

Considering this anime's Archer argubly has some of his memories, it'd would've been a million times sexier if he used stuff like...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-11, 22:32   Link #317
Kohno

Bad question for a first post...but...what exactly is UBW and HF?
Kohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 22:38   Link #318
Darkside

Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel. 2 alternate story routes in the PC game I believe from the first one "Fate"
Old 2006-04-12, 01:36   Link #319
rpgkiller999

If you think about it, Rin and Saber should have called the cops and medias about the kidnapping. Since the holy grail war cannot be seen by others, they can rescue Shiro safely. Berserker can't kill all the interference without exposing their identity.
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 01:55   Link #320
kamikazex

damn..that was good like seriously
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote