AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 60 52.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.87%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.87%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-11, 07:19   Link #281
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Not possible Zolan males have 2 hair colors, hairy arms and Zolans are marsupials.

Humans and Zolans can have sex but they can't have kids.
Really? I don't think I've ever seen that stated anywhere.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-11, 07:29   Link #282
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Official publication says so.

http://animejapan4u.blogspot.com/200...and-novel.html

It could be an inconsistency on their part.
Against Macross 7 Dynamite?

Or have they found a way to bridge the two species?
Old 2008-08-11, 07:31   Link #283
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Not possible Zolan males have 2 hair colors, hairy arms and Zolans are marsupials.

Humans and Zolans can have sex but they can't have kids.
What if it wasn't sex, or something produced without having to involve sex cells? Mikhail isn't pure Zolan, it says he just has Zolan blood, he could be 1/8th part Zolan and the only thing he inherited are the ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post

That could be a possibility. That, or the writers are fooling with us. Or they got everything screwed up. I don't know. Perhaps it will be explained in the series.

Final word: I have no idea.
Old 2008-08-11, 07:34   Link #284
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
That could be a possibility. That, or the writers are fooling with us. Or they got everything screwed up. I don't know. Perhaps it will be explained in the series.

I didn't know they stated Zolans and Humies can't breed with each other. Never seen that in official publications, although I could be missing something.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-11, 07:37   Link #285
glyph

Quote:

It's a fictional radio show. It's not meant to be taken seriously. Not while there are counter examples like Mikhail and Graham's daughters, and not to mention that they clearly don't have pouches and lack breasts and clearly are by definition not marsupials now, if they ever were.

Zoliet isn't a Zolan, Zomeo is just a sicko. Either that, or we have never seen a native Zolan on screen.
Old 2008-08-11, 07:43   Link #286
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Really? I don't think I've ever seen that stated anywhere.

- Tak
Macross 7 Dynamite Ep4 ~00:11:07. Zolan females also has two hair colors e.g. look at Liza, Elma.
Old 2008-08-11, 07:55   Link #287
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
It's a fictional radio show. It's not meant to be taken seriously. Not while there are counter examples like Mikhail and Graham's daughters, and not to mention that they clearly don't have pouches and lack breasts and clearly are by definition not marsupials now, if they ever were.
Liza and Elma having a human mother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Zoliet isn't a Zolan, Zomeo is just a sicko. Either that, or we have never seen a native Zolan on screen.
Zomeo and Zoliet seems to be an analogue to Romeo and Juliet.
Old 2008-08-11, 08:30   Link #288
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It has an atmosphere technically... any enclosed place that has air, moisture and heat/cold thermal interaction has the ability to create rain. There are clouds in Frontier if you noticed.

For a real life example... apparently during the construction of the Burj Al-Arab Hotel in Dubai (the iconic sailboat like hotel), they had to cool the interior of the hotel slowly for 5-6 months before it was in the proper temperature to be fitted with interior decorations. Why? The hotel's atrium was so massive and spacius that had they cooled the interior too rapidly it would have rained inside due to condensation.

Rain. Inside a hotel atrium. In a building in the middle of a desert.

If something like the Burj Al-Arab can create simulated rain without any technology and such, it shouldn't be that hard to create rain on Frontier. They have a simulated atmosphere, and a large body of water from which to take their moisture from. Even without technological manipulation as long as the proper conditions are met it should rain naturally on Frontier.
I actually raised that rain stuff in the previous thread and also commented that it would be kind of wasteful. Anyway, thanks for this real-life example now I have some explanation.

Based on the summaries I'm getting, Frontier had been conserving its energy for the fold. This suggests that it got cooler in Island 1 and thus rain clouds formed. As for the rain being wasteful, I guess they have some filtration system that could easily get water from the "sea" so the rain doesn't matter. Besides, Frontier had a closed system so the water isn't going anywhere anyway.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:07   Link #289
encia

Quote:
What if it wasn't sex, or something produced without having to involve sex cells? Mikhail isn't pure Zolan, it says he just has Zolan blood, he could be 1/8th part Zolan and the only thing he inherited are the ears.

Elma was shown naked ... (ah fan-service) in the anime.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:16   Link #290
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
God i feel horrible for Sheryl to watch her force that smile even with the realization that Grace was not lying was heartbreaking. For some reason i have completely stopped paying attention to Ranka and have shifted to Sheryl mode because shes just a lot more interesting right now. Well looks like Alto's brother finally got a way to get him to come home you sly devil you
Old 2008-08-11, 09:20   Link #291
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Not to mention she's a true loli not faux loli like Ranka.

Naked Basara and daddy Graham too.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:23   Link #292
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Don't forget the half a breast for half a second shower scene with Minmei in the original.
Old 2008-08-11, 09:46   Link #293
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

BTW Lunar's Sub for Episode 18 is out. If you didn't already know.
Old 2008-08-11, 10:37   Link #294
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
BTW Lunar's Sub for Episode 18 is out. If you didn't already know.
Thanks director-san!
Old 2008-08-11, 12:16   Link #295
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goregeist View Post
He's just refering to H264 which doesn't respond well to lower Hardware, usually requires a decent Video card as it needs Hardware acceleration, I've been having to stick it out on youtube lately because there haven't been any Xvid subs since 16
Lunar puts out both h264 and Xvid subs... although for some reason their Xvid subs won't play on my DVD player or my PS3

Quote:
I wonder if he got the pouch, too...

Quote:
Somewhat iffy fanservice, but... where the heck is the pouch anyway? For that matter do males or females get it? Hmmmm....
Old 2008-08-11, 12:46   Link #296
Wesley84

So if space plagues do occur, how come they didn't insist on screening Sheryl when she first boarded? She was on her last stop on a galactic wide tour. Picking something up along the way was a real possibility. We already know they screened people that came in contact with the Vajra, so they do monitor such things.
Old 2008-08-11, 12:56   Link #297
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Grace's legerdemain was too much for them, no doubt.
Old 2008-08-11, 13:27   Link #298
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Grace's legerdemain was too much for them, no doubt.
Can't say I don't like the idea of a little slight of hand damning the entire fleet.
Old 2008-08-11, 16:27   Link #299
psycrop

Not gonna lie...manly tears drop when i hear that battle version of aimo. ;_(
Old 2008-08-11, 16:34   Link #300
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycrop View Post
Not gonna lie...manly tears drop when i hear that battle version of aimo. ;_(
Yeah, it was more palatable when being used defensively like that.
Closed Thread