AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 6 13.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 11.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 18.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 13.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-12, 09:48   Link #141
Loke49

Ofcourse it deosn't! What Fabio did was not right. He can't just shot someone becouse he thinks they're a valkyria. I would never had been so mercifull to Fabio... BUT I would not punish him to hard considering what he went through..

I'm just so sad that they had to F*** up the anime like this, Fabio was a good guy, don't make him do these kind of things..
Old 2009-09-12, 09:53   Link #142
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I cannot believe you are actually defending him. "Devoted to his country"? "One life vs. many"? C'mon, the guy shot Alicia based on a SUSPICION!!! What if he was wrong?!?!?
Sure, it worked out well in the end, but... I really do not think he should be given a free pass at life because of this. What he did was still very, very wrong... and, at least in my country, he wouldn't be acquitted on a military or civil trial. He would still rot away in jail for it.
If he was wrong he would give himself a shot. I do not believe that he would want to live any longer if he finds out he was wrong. And yes his doing was wrong but it saved others. And that is the point where I am making a difference.
Old 2009-09-12, 11:00   Link #143
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke49 View Post

Now I will make yett another atemt to switch subject!
Well when I said that valkyria was a realistic anime, I must correct my self. I got a bit impulsive. When I said realistic, what I really ment was that, every charecter didn't go around and use their "mind" to change directions of the bullets. They haven't got laser beams (except the valkyr, I know, but wouldn't it be a bit boring if there were no valkyr's?) They don't have mecha wierd stuff ( *COUGH* FULL METAL PANIC)
lol Except Valkyrias. That's a pretty big except. It's like saying except Gundams in Gundam series. You can't take away a big element of the series and say "Yeah I mean this series is pretty realistic if you take this major thing out." Heck then if you take out mechas, FMP would be 1000x more realistic.

It might actually be better without Valkyrias then the creators would actually have to try to make war scenes base on strategy instead of them shooting laser beams (lol yes they got laser beams too!) and wipping everything with ease.
Old 2009-09-12, 11:04   Link #144
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
If he was wrong he would give himself a shot. I do not believe that he would want to live any longer if he finds out he was wrong. And yes his doing was wrong but it saved others. And that is the point where I am making a difference.
The result is not important. Here the intention is just as if not more important. You get judged for your intentions, not for just results, specially in military.
Old 2009-09-12, 11:14   Link #145
Loke49

I'm curios.. when will they sub valkyria special 2? Or will they even sub it?
Old 2009-09-12, 11:19   Link #146
justavisitor

I like this anime...but I hate Faldio with passion..I sincerely hope he will get killed in the remaining 3 episodes

I know he was under pressure and a big shock that all his comrades were killed...but this is not a reason to justify what he did to Alicia..it's like, hmm a guy randomly shooting anyone after his wife is dead, believing one of the victims he shot will become a god and revive every victim and his wife back to life..so that crazy guy is forgivable if one of the victims he shot really becomes god and saves every other victims??

I don't know what book Faldio is reading, but he can't go on a killing rampage because of a unproved theory from a book!!!

About war tactics in this anime..I will just let it go ..well even the tactics in Code Geass is not that great anyway, so I am not bothered by those tactics at all..

I am still waiting for the Alicia X Welkin moment..that's the most important aspect of this series
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-09-12, 11:48   Link #147
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
The result is not important. Here the intention is just as if not more important. You get judged for your intentions, not for just results, specially in military.
His intentions was explained in episode 22. His intention was to save lives even at a cost of friendship (especially to Welkin), honor (lowering himself to have Cordelia take as hostage) and love (Alicia). And your last sentence is not correct. When it comes to the judgement the results very well come into play, especially in military.

In his case the judges have to keep in mind what would be if he had not taken the risk. If we follow the information network it was very clear that the Gallians were to loose because of the imbalance of power on the battlefield due to a valkyria on the imps side.
Old 2009-09-12, 16:28   Link #148
kalbron

Dude, remind me to stay as far away as possible from the German military if your mindset is anything like theirs. I don't want them to think that it's an acceptable thing to sacrifice a few civilians to kill the enemy, but I suppose that would explain that air strike fiasco a few weeks back.

It doesn't matter what the end result of his actions were, he breached what would undoubtedly be Gallian military conduct regulations. You don't get a slap on the wrist for that unless you're a part of a military that is ready to collapse in on itself from corruption and nepotism.
Old 2009-09-12, 16:30   Link #149
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Only in your military, perhaps, Father Hentai (I didn't know Germany was still so fascist as you make it out to be, but I digress). In my country, the results don't count all that much, when judging traitorous and/or criminal actions. As should be the case everywhere, I might add.

It's a moot point: you think the ends justify the means and some of us don't. Let's just say I'd rather serve with those who don't, than with you.

Old 2009-09-12, 16:37   Link #150
MagicHat

Quote:
I cannot believe you are actually defending him. "Devoted to his country"? "One life vs. many"? C'mon, the guy shot Alicia based on a SUSPICION!!! What if he was wrong?!?!?
Sure, it worked out well in the end, but... I really do not think he should be given a free pass at life because of this. What he did was still very, very wrong... and, at least in my country, he wouldn't be acquitted on a military or civil trial. He would still rot away in jail for it.
Well had he been wrong, they would have all been wiped out or had to surrender.

Faldio has just lost entire squad, wasn't in the best mental state at the time, he hears the entire army has fallen back to the last defences and if he does nothing, they all die. So he gambles on an educated guess, he suceeds then Gallia is saved at least for now, he fails then Alicia would be dead anyway. For myself, not getting to hate him for that and don't envy having to make such a choice

I don't know what the Gallian military law is so can't comment on what the sentence should have been. Having said that, being pardoned straight away was very silly, the repercussions (law, mental and relationship) should have lasted far longer then one episode.
Old 2009-09-12, 16:52   Link #151
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'm not really advocating he shouldn't have shot Alicia - obviously, if he didn't, the story would have ended right there - but the lack of consequences for his actions (that and the "kidnapping" of the Princess). It just seems like those were nothing important and detract even more from the story being told.

Old 2009-09-12, 16:53   Link #152
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
I'm curios.. when will they sub valkyria special 2? Or will they even sub it?
ls the first one even subbed?
Old 2009-09-12, 16:54   Link #153
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
ls the first one even subbed?
Yeah it is.
Old 2009-09-12, 17:30   Link #154
Father Hentai

Quote:
I'm not really advocating he shouldn't have shot Alicia - obviously, if he didn't, the story would have ended right there - but the lack of consequences for his actions (that and the "kidnapping" of the Princess). It just seems like those were nothing important and detract even more from the story being told.
Well he had his consequences already. He was taken under arrest first because of kidnapping, maybe of shooting alicia (was not aware of that until he visited him), and for disobeying orders.

Still he explained why indirectly to Cordelia what his intentions was. And Cordelia saw itself how Alicia has awakened and later turned the tides of the battle (episode 21). Maybe this will sound harsh but it is not to deny that winners are writing history and as Faldio was correct at the end he got pardoned. Maybe it is unfair single persons but this is not what is asked at the end.

Why didn't you see that his decisions are sometimes very radical? Think back about Fouzen. I already wrote in the episode 14? thread that he was wrong with his decision but to that time almost everybody said he was in the right.

@kalbron
The commander of this mission has waged proportionality before he asked for reinforcement. And the decision was made because to prevent further losses on the soldiers side. That civilians got harmed was a miscalculation but this is something what other commanders have to live with when they give such an order.
Old 2009-09-12, 17:31   Link #155
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Haha, it's true, you probebly have alot.. ALOT more experience in anime watching than me xD (I don't see it as a sport =P) I watch it becouse I enyoj it. anyways.

Regarding what you said about Fabio,Yeah, he shot a fellow soldier, yeah he kidnapped the queen, so what?
I don't need to read the rest or your post... I shouldn't have to explain why. There is absolutely NO possible way you can justify what Fabio did with the way the anime presented the scenario. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

If he had done this to a Marine, the Marine's unit might have had him 'disappear' before higher rank got a hold of him.
Old 2009-09-12, 17:35   Link #156
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Maybe this will sound harsh but it is not to deny that winners are writing history and as Faldio was correct at the end he got pardoned. Maybe it is unfair single persons but this is not what is asked at the end.
I pity the people who rule their countries like this. I really do.

Old 2009-09-12, 17:46   Link #157
Father Hentai

Quote:
I pity the people who rule their countries like this. I really do.
Well you can start with George Bush. He was such a guy when he declared war against terror and invaded Afghanistan. Nobody asked for the casualties because his intentions was to fight terrorism.

Anyway. I think pardoning Faldio by Cordelia is very well decided although very quick. Otherwise that fat pig of Damon would be the one. But on the other side I would doubt it as he sees only a militia in him.
Old 2009-09-12, 17:54   Link #158
kanon78
Confederate

where's the episode 24 thread? raw is already available...
Old 2009-09-12, 18:01   Link #159
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon78 View Post
where's the episode 24 thread? raw is already available...
Yeah, I'm wondering that too. I'm actually watching the raw right now, and it's awesome!
Old 2009-09-12, 18:15   Link #160
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Well you can start with George Bush. He was such a guy when he declared war against terror and invaded Afghanistan. Nobody asked for the casualties because his intentions was to fight terrorism.
Actually, quite a number of people did complain and wondered about those happenings, even residents of his own country. But that's neither here nor there. I stand by my belief that the ends do not justify the means, while you advocate exactly the opposite - and this is a significant enough ideological difference, one that I think does not really justify this discussion going any further, mate. At least, I have no interest in continuing it like this.

So, let's see what episode 24 brings us. Oh, I cannot wait.

Closed Thread