AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-18, 07:17   Link #121
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
As far as I know, they'll only put 4 playable characters, but I don't know if there's a new info released somewhere. Of course it would be nice if they put all of BV characters complete with their clothings from BV

Spoiler:
Spoiler for jin:
Old 2011-08-18, 07:30   Link #122
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Spoiler for jin:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ryonea; 2011-08-18 at 08:24.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 19:32   Link #123
Pink Cow
This is my title.

Definitely looking forward to this game aside from
Tekken 3D. In the first Tekken tag, I only knew how to use one character, so I lost a lot (I didn't have a PS2 for practice). Lol

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 05:10   Link #124
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Tag Assult Video

Harada's facebook

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=250608584976887

as for the Devil and D.Jin designs...well Devilman would be proud of them.
Old 2011-10-05, 21:00   Link #125
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Tekken Hybrid Limited Edition and Release Date announced. It'll be out in 22nd November.

Japan got a nice package~
Old 2011-10-06, 05:31   Link #126
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://s1.proxy04.twitpic.com/photos.../416389824.jpg
Old 2011-11-01, 07:36   Link #127
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Didn't realize the arcade version was released in Japan back in 14th September
so I was searching for some gameplay videos... and apparently, the bosses are Jinpachi, True, Ogre, and finally Jun who serves as the final boss. Defeat her in the 1st round, she'll transform into Unknown!

Old 2012-02-18, 08:48   Link #128
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

http://andriasang.com/con00a/tekken_unlimited_aou/

Tekken TAG Tournament 2 will get an update, the name will be Tekken: Unlimited TAG Tournament 2.

The main feature is the multiple combat mode:
1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 1 vs 2, and pair play (4 player battle) like the 1st Tekken TAG

Maybe more will be announced, but I don't know.

Here's the trailer.
Old 2012-02-18, 09:09   Link #129
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
http://andriasang.com/con00a/tekken_unlimited_aou/

Tekken TAG Tournament 2 will get an update, the name will be Tekken: Unlimited TAG Tournament 2.

The main feature is the multiple combat mode:
1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 1 vs 2, and pair play (4 player battle) like the 1st Tekken TAG

Maybe more will be announced, but I don't know.

Here's the trailer.
saw this recently

there's a rumor going around that the update will be bigger than Dark Resurrection and Bloodline Rebellion

with no new characters nor new stages (so far)
I wouldn't know if this update will be bigger

but who knows, Harada's still laying low on the details

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 10:12   Link #130
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, it's said that the updates are major so they even changed the game's name. But so far, only various fighting modes got introduced.

Hopefully more will be announced later.
Old 2012-02-19, 04:35   Link #131
Westlo
Lets be reality

Allowing the option to use 1 character just seems like it's going to make it more of cluster... uh mess than before. I think that's a good indication that Tekken x Street Fighter is going to be 1v1.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 18:24   Link #132
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Allowing the option to use 1 character just seems like it's going to make it more of cluster... uh mess than before. I think that's a good indication that Tekken x Street Fighter is going to be 1v1.
There's an interview by 4gamer regarding that. Here it is:
Quote:
Summary:

- Harada specifies two significant feedback regarding Vanilla TTT2. First, it's the "EXCELLENT, best arcade tag ever" type feedback and then there's the "Please get the console version out much more earlier" feedback since players are finding it difficult to remember movelists, tricks, traps etc of the second character.

- Notes how far we've come from the original TTT1 and that such a feature like solo, 1v2 or whatnot didn't pop up back then because there were plenty enough similar characters.

- With increasing technological prowess and proficiency, the game system itself has grown to a further extent enough to fit this sort of system.

- The complaints that people couldn't win fights because they had to use a second character which wasn't as good as their main was a significant inspiration of the new game play modes. If you aren't as good with a second character, just stick with your main and not be stuck with a second character you don't play as much. The development team will assure you that you won't be at a complete disadvantage when you pick solo up against a tag team. With just your one character, you are able to concentrate more.

- Identifies how the transition of character's play styles from the popular Tekken 3 to Tekken 4 is seen as a contributing factor to Tekken 4's unpopularity.

- Things are much more easier in solo play too, you don't have to take big steps in learning Tag assault, when to tag or not etc. Just pick solo play mode as you would normally play say Tekken 6 and when you're ready to get deeper into the game you can take a step into the tag mode.

- Notes that roughly 70% of "Home" (People waiting on console versions) Tekken players are in the beginner to intermediate levels.

- With solo play, those newer players don't have to take the time and effort to learn another character, just stick to what you were previously comfortable with. Harada cites a Paul player winning because of the ridiculous damage a Phoenix Smasher does against his opponent and now with the solo play feature he won't have to give up on that with the new modes.

- There was sometimes situations that moves or positions would often times make a player too good, a notable example Harada used was Tekken 6 vanilla's original rage settings and that eventually a business and household survey identified that this was not liked because players were finding that beginner and intermediate players were beating better players because of such a system and so they used that feedback in mind to tone it down for Bloodline Rebellion.

- Harada notes that Tekken 6 rage was pretty beastly but it still wasn't going to let the average player win tournaments because of it. (laughs)

- With the easier access to rage boosts in solo play, players (It mentions that If you are solo and your health is below 30% your attack power is doubled) will feel the exhilaration and thrill of unleashing a strong reversal to the opponent teams, what was a bad thing back in Tekken 6 is being revisited here in Unlimited and somewhat being redone.

- "Unlimited" title came from a translation of the 'freedom of action' deal here, the freedom to play how ever you want with who you want. Of course the title is still tentative.

- Solo play for a tag game returned for beginners that wanted to step into the game and allow people to recognize their better characters. "Oh he is soloing as Bryan that's probably his main."

- Solo play and Tag team choice is to create a environment in which there is a variety of entry ways. Beginner on your own? Pick solo, do a play through and discover, with a friend? Play a tag team with pair play mode and discuss strategies and learn together. Higher level players will of course be able to learn and adapt with a tag team on their own.

- The shop and all the items players accumulated in vanilla TTT2 will all transfer over to Unlimited. No charge or anything.

-There is half of the team working on expanding the arcade game's content and the other half working on porting everything to consoles. I believe earlier Murray left a hint on twitter that he was doing work on the console versions. EDIT: HERE.

- He reassures everyone that this system will be balanced and heavily monitored by the team.

Source: Tekken Zaibatsu
So it's all for the sake of the newbies. Kinda understandable since there's a lot to learn for new players. But some seasoned players worry that the various fighting options will ruin tournament matches.
Old 2012-04-11, 20:46   Link #133
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/11...re-characters/

Looks like it's coming sooner than expected. Hopefully there won't be any delay

Good to hear that the console version will have more characters. Aside from the game modes, there are tweaks for the character balance too.

Folks playing the arcade version have something new to hunt: 2D artworks
we can see some of them in this thread.
Old 2012-04-11, 22:38   Link #134
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

awesome news. I wish Unknown would be playable

doa5 might have to wait cause I'm getting this one first

Old 2012-04-11, 22:48   Link #135
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Kunimitsu was a popular character that was asked on twitter to Harada to be in the game. He said probably on consoles.
Old 2012-04-11, 23:23   Link #136
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

http://www.levelupyourgame.com/2012/...50-characters/

Wow.. 50? I wonder who they are. The fight lab is interesting hopefully new players will be able to understand more about Tekken's systems.

EDIT: came across this too. The game would look worse than T6 for sure

Last edited by Ryonea; 2012-04-11 at 23:42.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 00:05   Link #137
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

wow, they're gonna add 3 more pairs?

maybe they'll get more charaters back

like Michelle Chang, Kunimitsu, Forest Law and Alex
the 1st slot would probably be Combot
so we'll have to guess the other 5
as kenjiharima said, Kunimitsu's way too popular on polls about characters the people want to return so she's probably a given
not sure about Michelle Chang, Forest Law and Alex though
Forest was really just a younger Marshall and Alex had Roger's moves from the first TTT

I want Unknown to be playable though

can't wait to hear the characters.
I hope these characters make it to the arcades though

Old 2012-04-12, 03:01   Link #138
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Forest Law when first appeared his moveset were alot better than T1 and T2 Marshall Law. I Thought they will push for a younger breed, but storywise Marshall Law trained to better himself even at past his prime. Though I dunno what they plan for Forest I hope the moveset won;t be too similar to father Law.

Michelle Chang will probably be older here, but still has that look of a "young woman" in design if they're gonna keep her charms up.

Alex if retuning should have a new bite move.

Kunimitsu is pretty much a given.

Combot and Unknown teaming up? Well in TTT1 Unknown was selectable and in the HD version she's already unlocked. She'll be playable. Iam gonna respect Namco if they don't make DLC characters here since the beginning they haven't made any DLC on Tekken hope they don't start now.

Also it's only 10% done?! O_o
Old 2012-04-12, 03:14   Link #139
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Forest Law when first appeared his moveset were alot better than T1 and T2 Marshall Law. I Thought they will push for a younger breed, but storywise Marshall Law trained to better himself even at past his prime. Though I dunno what they plan for Forest I hope the moveset won;t be too similar to father Law.

Michelle Chang will probably be older here, but still has that look of a "young woman" in design if they're gonna keep her charms up.

Alex if retuning should have a new bite move.

Kunimitsu is pretty much a given.

Combot and Unknown teaming up? Well in TTT1 Unknown was selectable and in the HD version she's already unlocked. She'll be playable. Iam gonna respect Namco if they don't make DLC characters here since the beginning they haven't made any DLC on Tekken hope they don't start now.

Also it's only 10% done?! O_o
Since this is Tekken TAG, the girls will be presented in their young form (or at least look young). Yep, hopefully Kunimitsu, Alex, Forest Law, and Michelle movesets (if they'll be included) will differ from their "relatives". This would be interesting to see. I do hope Angel will make it too, but it seems unlikely. Combot will present, as it will be the training dummy for the fight lab.

I don't want Tetsujin and Dr. B

Harada himself doesn't like the idea of DLC, but I don't know about Namco.
https://twitter.com/#!/Harada_TEKKEN...30803627208704
Old 2012-04-12, 04:20   Link #140
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yep, hopefully Kunimitsu, Alex, Forest Law, and Michelle movesets (if they'll be included) will differ from their "relatives".
God, I do hope so. I don't want another pair with the same command list
Kuma/Panda and Eddy/Christie are already enough for me

I want it to be like Hwoarang-Baek or Bruce-Bryan or Jun-Asuka or the Mishimas. Same Martial Art, Different set of moves.

Tags
fighting game