Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-10-30, 04:11   Link #1
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

'Real Life' Horror Movie

Think Real World, accept not biased and add in the horror ;P

I dunno, I got this idea after randomly watching Scream 3 that came on TV...

I'd seriously would be interested if this could be done. Cause I'm sure there's a good chance that every dumb thing that goes down in a horror movie, someone would do in real life.

In a way, I can see this as showing who the 'real' people are and who are the posers who claim to be tough. Cause I'm sure everyone has a friend that's like "man, I'd so kick his ass blah blah blah I would never do that blah blah blah" this could be a chance to see if they can live up to there own words

Sure, something like this has been done, and I wish they'd bring back the show FEAR, that came on MTV. Cause that was truely some creepy shit.

there'd be no cameras being lugged around, instead mini cameras all over the place and whoever "survives" would win some sort of money prize ;P

Maybe I can add more to this after I get some sleep ;P it's 3am and I've had a long day.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 03:32   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Let me get this right, you want people to make movies.. of..... them beating up other people

I don't get it.. what's the topic or objective?!
Old 2006-10-31, 03:41   Link #3
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm....I remember watching a reality show a few years ago, where they placed a number of contestants inside some haunted house or hospital or prison or mortuary. Inside the supposedly haunted buildings, each contestant was being placed in different rooms, and they have to complete a given task while they're there. In some cases, the filming crew set up 'devices' to purposely scare the contestants. However, there are cases where something 'weird' really happens and the crew did nothing at all. Btw, the contestants will have to complete the task alone in their assigned room before moving on to the next room alone. No filming crew will be following them, and each rooms were being equipped with infra-red and nightvision cameras. Anyway, some contestants got freaked out in the show and they decided to quit.
Old 2006-10-31, 04:08   Link #4
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD View Post
Hmm....I remember watching a reality show a few years ago, where they placed a number of contestants inside some haunted house or hospital or prison or mortuary. Inside the supposedly haunted buildings, each contestant was being placed in different rooms, and they have to complete a given task while they're there. In some cases, the filming crew set up 'devices' to purposely scare the contestants. However, there are cases where something 'weird' really happens and the crew did nothing at all. Btw, the contestants will have to complete the task alone in their assigned room before moving on to the next room alone. No filming crew will be following them, and each rooms were being equipped with infra-red and nightvision cameras. Anyway, some contestants got freaked out in the show and they decided to quit.
That reminds me of some show about "Haunted/Ghost Places" o.o...... *is scared* I think thats what I saw actually xD
If you want people to film beating each other up >_> I doubt that happen, there are real life fights in YouTube, but it gets removed at some time later. Most Horror movies nowadays go way too "Impossible" in my opinion, if you've seen saw 3, you should know what I'm talking about.
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 11:58   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Unhappy The Spiritual World

I couldnt find a thread to discuss horror movies. So yeah using this one .

There are some movies scare you creep you out i.e.ake all the hair on your body stand . I saw a movie like that yesterday. The background score is haunting add to the Erie feel of things . I have never felt petrified like this in years last movie which has such effect on me was when I was kid the movie went by Poltergeist . More than straight out horror this movie deals with psychological horror . Truly scary .........

The movie I am talking about a is a Thai film called The Spiritual World if your a horror buff don't miss this one . Here is the poster summary and trailer

Poster :

Summary :

Spoiler for space:

Trailer :

Old 2008-11-28, 12:15   Link #6
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Yup,those Thai's people sure know how to make a killer horror movie even though their country are in some big trouble.I bet their directors don't even watch their own movie when it finish.
Old 2008-11-28, 13:27   Link #7
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I don't get it.. what's the topic or objective?!
I got to agree. I don't understand the topic at all.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 14:54   Link #8
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Lawsuits everywhere!
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 22:46   Link #9
Aya_Lyka
Silent Writer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Aya_Lyka
well what i understand about the topic is, what stupid things thats on a scary movie like, instead of like running away, they do the like slow walking thingy like the killer ain't after them. something like that and that its impossible that some people in real life wont do those stupid things like in horror movies. i think that's what he/she meant. (tell me if you don't understand what i just said, coz i have no idea either.)
Aya_Lyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 09:55   Link #10
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Yeah~! I mean , there are unrealistic stuffs as well. Like, not running away or if you did run away and the "thing" that is after you is REAAAALy slow, it manages to appear right in front of you.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 10:57   Link #11
Aya_Lyka
Silent Writer
*Graphic Designer

yeah, and parts in horror movies or like the scream series is that i mean why not try to fight. i mean he/she is only one and its like he has a gun or anything. he/she just have a knife and you can't even fight back. i mean if that was ever im real life i could have killed the killer. duh!
Old 2008-11-30, 14:18   Link #12
RAVNEN

Those horror movie producer should give their money to the poor nation in our world instead of making ridicilous horror movie.The true horror movie is in Iraq,Afghanistan & Palestin.The latest is in Mumbai,now that a horror movie.

Realities is painfull.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:48   Link #13
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

These kind of shows arn't really my thing, but the OP made me think of this clip:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88088472616321

"You okay, little man?"
Cut-Tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 11:54   Link #14
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Tongue View Post
These kind of shows arn't really my thing, but the OP made me think of this clip:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88088472616321

"You okay, little man?"
Researh goes awry.I'm really don't get this whole horror movie thingy.There is no scary factor in horror movie these day.

How about this,a "hoorror mooviiie" with some cool backup singer.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...08867861&hl=en
Old 2008-12-02, 00:51   Link #15
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Researh goes awry.I'm really don't get this whole horror movie thingy.There is no scary factor in horror movie these day.
Y'know I could never really figure out why I love horror movies. I've been a horror movie fan since I could remember. When I was a kid I watched Poltergiest and pretty much got own'd for free and I pretty much NEVER got near anything like that again. It wasnt' until my pre-teens I got into that kinda stuff again, my sister rented Candyman and I once again, got owned for free, but this time around, I enjoyed it. And almost on a weekly basis I kept renting 2-3 horror movies a week from the local video store. And that's when I fell in love with the B-tastic Full moon Features company, Puppet Masters, Trancers, Subspecies Robo Jocks (okay not a horror flick but STILL AWSOME) I just kept watching their stuff.

I guess we all have that part in us that wants to be scared? I tried to figure it out, but really have no answers. Even though now horror movies aren't as chilling as they were back in the day, I'll always pony up the money for those rare gems that do it right. But a good benefit of a horror movie fan is that sometimes they can be so bad its awsome. The last Friday the 13th comes to mind. But it was pretty obivious they gave up trying to have Jason scary, but still awsome nonetheless. And Shrooms is another example too.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 02:44   Link #16
Aya_Lyka
Silent Writer
*Graphic Designer

well, im also a horror movie fan. but i just don't like making the characters stupid, like duh! they can fight back you know. except horror movies where ghost kill people, but i hate how in suspens movies were they make people so stupid. anyway saw 5 was really awesome it made me smile.
Old 2008-12-02, 08:23   Link #17
RAVNEN

When I was a kid,I always watch horror at my grandma house.Usually my uncle always have plenty supply of horror movie.I still remember on a night when I first watch Evil Dead 1,its camera technique is so awesome.Make me scare to go home that night because my home had jungle in front of it & have feeling something is following me.

Anyway horror movie nowadays tend to make it characters look stupid.I don't know,maybe those director has no creative idea to make a good horror movie.
The old days horror movie have more scary factor compare to the new age horror movie.Even in my country,many film producer races to make more horror movie.