AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-07, 12:13   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Hidan no Aria - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Hidan no Aria. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2011-05-10, 08:54   Link #2
judasmartel
*Author

The VAs of Aria and Kinji have also worked together in Toradora, right?

An another tsundere role Rie Kugimiya doesn't really put me off, but I'm kind of worried of her being typecasted for these roles all the time, which could induce a perceived "lack of versatility" as a VA.

For some people, a good VA does not stick to a single particular typecast, although there are a lot of VAs that are known for playing particular roles. Jun Fukuyama, for example, is well-known for playing eccentric character types, such as Kei Takishima from Special A and Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass.

We all know Aya Hirano better as Haruhi Suzumiya, until Fairy Tail came along and she did Lucy really well, so well that I didn't notice a single connection between her voicing as Lucy and Haruhi.

So far, everything's been done all right, Rie-Kugi fits the role well, so does Kinji's VA. In fact, every VA so far has done great. I'm looking forward to more of these VAs in the upcoming episodes.
Old 2011-05-10, 09:08   Link #3
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
The VAs of Aria and Kinji have also worked together in Toradora, right?

An another tsundere role Rie Kugimiya doesn't really put me off, but I'm kind of worried of her being typecasted for these roles all the time, which could induce a perceived "lack of versatility" as a VA.

For some people, a good VA does not stick to a single particular typecast, although there are a lot of VAs that are known for playing particular roles. Jun Fukuyama, for example, is well-known for playing eccentric character types, such as Kei Takishima from Special A and Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass.
Didn't you answer much the problem to begin with

Rie might be put more on the typical tsundere role but isn't that because she does well on that job. She also do other voices like in FMA. Though seriously from the other job she has done that is not a tsundere. I hardly remember them at all XD

It doesn't show that the lacks versatility but it just show her strong points.

She is really good on the tsundere jobs that I found no place to complain at all.
Old 2011-05-10, 09:21   Link #4
judasmartel
*Author

I think you're right. Japanese VAs have indeed played other character types, but the character typecasts we remember the most about them are the ones they are chosen to play most of the time.
As you said, those are only their strong points. It's just that we can barely remember those other character types they have played.

If I'm thinking about VAs who have done so many roles that we could only guess their character typecast, Megumi Hayashibara and Yumi Touma comes into mind.
Closed Thread