AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-26, 18:31   Link #161
iceyfw

i just started playing perfect sun on the PSP, and i have a question about the self lesson timer. it was 15:27 and i set the timer for me to back at 15:30. i thought this meant 3 minutes but this is not the case. did i just set myself up to be back up in 3 hours? i'm not familiar with this time system.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 17:09   Link #162
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Did you switch your PSP into Sleep Mode? After you've set up the time then you need to switch your PSP into Sleep Mode and turn it back on around the time you set it to. Apparently the closer you are to the time you set the better the result. But I dont recommend using self lesson or self auditions unless you're really busy.

...moving onto talking about the PS3 version of iM@S2.

Is there no "S" ranking for your evaluation in this version of the game? In my last playthrough I've finally managed to snag all the awards and get an "A" ranking for every other category: Image Level, Number of fans, Total sales, Highest song ranking, etc. and I still ended up with an "A" Producer ranking.

...though it may be too early for me to just assume this since I've yet to finish producing my unit in the "Hyper" difficulty mode...maybe a "S" ranking is available in "Hyper" mode?

...and I keep forgetting to mention this but:

If you end up initiating the "Training of Hell" event then I should point out that the roles of the buttons are REVERSED if you're playing on a Region 1 PS3. The instruction will tell you that the "O" button tells the idol to speed up and that the "X" button tells the idol to slow down but with a Region 1 PS3 the "O" button tells the idol to slow down while the "X" button tells them to speed up. Just wanted to make that clear for people that hasnt played the game yet or havent initiated the event yet.

...or is it just my PS3?
Old 2011-11-28, 18:51   Link #163
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

lolwut. But the X button to speed up is common in a lot of racing games, so it makes sense. :P

fuck fuck fuck, I love the choreography for REST@RT.

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 19:04   Link #164
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Well, even with the PSP, those two buttons have been reversed depending on region. I played through several NA PSP games where O is back and X is select, but with iM@S Perfect Sun it was reversed, even in the PSP menus.

Also, DAMN! That newly announced iM@S title looks mighty fine.
Old 2011-11-29, 01:04   Link #165
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Did you switch your PSP into Sleep Mode? After you've set up the time then you need to switch your PSP into Sleep Mode and turn it back on around the time you set it to. Apparently the closer you are to the time you set the better the result. But I dont recommend using self lesson or self auditions unless you're really busy.
thanks. i never bothered to put it into sleep mode. all i ever did was leave it on with the message of saying when to return. i only do it for the lesson which increases the vocals greatly since i can't read japanese and it requires for the player to do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
bleh mobile phones. maybe they will port it someday to a handheld or game console. and a hundred idols... i'm left speechless. they must have really stretched out their brain on designing and doing concepts for each girl.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 23:38   Link #166
Rias

Quote:

Is there no "S" ranking for your evaluation in this version of the game? In my last playthrough I've finally managed to snag all the awards and get an "A" ranking for every other category: Image Level, Number of fans, Total sales, Highest song ranking, etc. and I still ended up with an "A" Producer ranking.

...though it may be too early for me to just assume this since I've yet to finish producing my unit in the "Hyper" difficulty mode...maybe a "S" ranking is available in "Hyper" mode?
A S Rank is ONLY available in Hyper difficulty. Getting the 5.5 million sales is the hardest for me...
Old 2011-12-06, 22:46   Link #167
shinku no kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
thanks. i never bothered to put it into sleep mode. all i ever did was leave it on with the message of saying when to return. i only do it for the lesson which increases the vocals greatly since i can't read japanese and it requires for the player to do so

Well there's a little cheat for that. PAUSE. Just hit the START button to pause the games so that you'll know which ones to switch out. It doesnt matter if you can read Japanese or not, just dont think them as letters, think of them as symbols if you must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
A S Rank is ONLY available in Hyper difficulty. Getting the 5.5 million sales is the hardest for me...
Thanks...*sigh* Guess I need to try hard. orz
Old 2011-12-07, 05:35   Link #168
Nikkan

Don't think it's been posted before, but here is the new G4U trailer. Yayoi looks (as usual) adorable on the cover.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 08:30   Link #169
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Quote:
I was expecting the vampire outfit along with "Kyun! Vampire Girl" since that was vol.4 for the 360version.

I know they said ANY scene from the OP "READY!!" and episode 1 but...they could've atleast taken shots with a character in it. ...orz
I'm quite disappointed we still haven't gotten 'Kyun!', or that it didn't even come with the pre-included set of catalogues either. Of all of the DLC songs I could have desired, Kyun! was my highest priority. Then I figured out I wasn't getting it with the game, and now I have another month of denied Kyun! Gah, it's going to kill me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
Don't think it's been posted before, but here is the new G4U trailer. Yayoi looks (as usual) adorable on the cover.
...Delicious Iorin... (Although I'm more of a Project Fairy fan. Well, and Chihaya.)

Reminds me that my filmstrip is one of Iori looking haughty with her bunny. Cute.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 23:53   Link #170
shinku no kage

DLC Catalog#3 for the PS3 version...OMG, pure win.

iM@S2 DLC Catalog#3

New costume and song. The new song is "Marionette no Kokoro", the song that Miki sang in ep.13 of the anime.

Also big news. Ai from "Dearly Stars" makes an appearance!!!! The catch? She appears in the S4U mode and she only sings "GO MY WAY"...oh, and "ALIVE"!!!!!!!!!!!!! She also appears in the Dot Top TV ranking and in a Festival.

*patiently waits for the news of Eri's appearance*

OMG, the thought of Eri in PS3 quality singing "Precog"...HNNNNNNNNNNGH. orz

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2011-12-20 at 00:03.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 12:07   Link #171
Nerroth
NePoi!

Old 2011-12-23, 12:34   Link #172
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Take my money. Take my money NOW.
Old 2011-12-25, 21:48   Link #173
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Well, I got the actual game and the graphics are gorgeous... one problem, though...

I started to play and holy crap, the game hardly gives me any time to let me take a picture of the dialogue (so I can figure it out later). I was blown away within the first few minutes, which is kind of ugh. I have played visual novels before and it gives you the option to set the speed of the text, but this is automatic (doesn't help that my kanji skills are subpar). I suppose that the only way you can read the text is to pause the game...

Also, is there a communication guide, or do I just pick what happens next and hope for the best...

Edit: I found the communication guide, it's on the Japanese iM@S2 Wiki - http://www44.atwiki.jp/idolmasterim2/pages/24.html... but it kind of defeats the purpose, but hey... it's better than nothing. (Other characters can be accessed on the left)

Last edited by chikorita157; 2011-12-26 at 22:23.
chikorita157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 10:43   Link #174
Kyuu
=^^=

Anime... need... soundtrack...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 15:02   Link #175
Miraluka
Banned

The game fos PS3 is having good sales from what I heard.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 23:43   Link #176
shinku no kage

@chikorita157:
It sucks you're not proficient in Japanese yet. I do hope in time that you can progress through the game without help from the site, it'll just add to the fun. The fun of the "Promotions" is that at times your nerves would be wrecked trying to figure out the right answer/action. Cuz sometimes all the answers seem right, or they could all seem wrong, or the most unexpected answer could be the right one. One of the promotions that stuck with me is one with Mami:

Spoiler for what happened:

@Wilfirback:
It may be due to the PS3 version exclusive DLCs...orz
Old 2011-12-28, 02:55   Link #177
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@chikorita157:
Spoiler for what happened:
Atta girl, :thatsmyMami:
Old 2011-12-28, 11:28   Link #178
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Volume 6 IS A GO!

Spoiler for for hhnggggggggggggggggg:

Last edited by blakstealth; 2011-12-28 at 16:02.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 11:59   Link #179
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
@chikorita157:
It sucks you're not proficient in Japanese yet. I do hope in time that you can progress through the game without help from the site, it'll just add to the fun. The fun of the "Promotions" is that at times your nerves would be wrecked trying to figure out the right answer/action.
I'm pretty much almost done with the beginning course and hopefully get to the second level textbook (Genki II) very soon... but the main problem is of course the Kanji since I haven't been focusing on them (and the lack of Furigana makes it more difficult). I mostly studying the vocabulary with the compounds and the grammar since that is the most important part. But since I know ひらがな and カタカナ, I'm pretty much ahead of the curve compared to not being unable to read it at all. If I really wanted to, I can just pause the game, spend 10 minutes to look up the kanji with radicals and try to translate it.

But yeah, I need to find my TV Tuner card, so I can record some footage, although it won't be in HD since those capture cards are expensive ($179 for an external Hauppauge HD PVR, which most Let's Players uses) and that I want to buy some more Japanese games later on.

Last edited by chikorita157; 2011-12-28 at 12:33.
chikorita157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 15:05   Link #180
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Volume 6 IS A GO!

hhnggggggggggggggggg
There; fixed that for you. Also should mark this other article with green smoke. Here's why...

Last edited by Firefly00; 2011-12-28 at 16:02. Reason: Apparently, andriasang doesn't like image links...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amami haruka, hoshii miki, idolmaster, kisaragi chihaya, nonowa