AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2014-02-18, 12:47   Link #1
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Currently-running female sports manga, LN, etc.

So I noticed we're getting a couple sports manga turning into anime recently so I'm wonder are there any mostly-female cast sports manga or light novels that are currently running so I can give my self hope they could be turned into an anime?

No baseball, basketball, or quirky games like mahjong. And I'm already familiar with that MMA one called Teppu.

Thanks!

EDIT: Good GOD, it's impossible, isn't it?

Last edited by darkchibi07; 2014-02-19 at 23:37.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 09:40   Link #2
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There are titles like that out there...not many, but they are there.

The real issue is how 'recent' do they have to be for you?

Because that kind of story + cast is hard to find in that setting. Also, it's hard to find ones that aren't ecchi. I'm assuming you didn't want that involved.

But here's some suggestions - if you're willing to read stuff that isn't very recent.

Amanchu - Done by the author of Aria. About two girls in high school on the diving team. Atmospheric yet vibrant and cool. The two girls are quite a duo. It's fairly recent. Been done since 2009 and still going.

Asagao to Kase-san - You seem to be a yuri fan. 1 volume yuri between a clumsy girl and the star of the girls track team.

Bamboo Blade - Focuses on five high school girls in a kendo club. Very cool, funny and cute.

Cirque Arachne - 1 volume about a yuri couple in a circus.

Tetsuwan Girl - Set right after the end of World War 2, a young woman and a young man who both lost everything during the war decide to live 'real lives' and form an all-female baseball team. Gritty but realistic and to the heart. It's early 2000s but it's a good read. I know you said you didn't want baseball but...I'm mentioning this because this one of the few all-female teams stories I've been able to find.

Hope this helps.
Old 2014-02-20, 11:08   Link #3
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Yeah, I should have clarified a bit more. No ecchi and manga series be multivolume and starting at least around mid to late 2000s (a safe range where it could potentially become anime series later on).

I've seen the Bamboo Blade TV series; that was good stuff!

Man, I'm still wishing Junichi Sato and his Aria team would get the green-lit to do Amanchu.

Thanks for the suggestions!

EDIT: Why look, female sport series are hard to come by nowadays! Thanks, Japan!

Last edited by darkchibi07; 2014-02-23 at 11:06.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote