AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 06:37   Link #41241
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Really? Here I'd thought it could rip through class 1 and 2 body armor at least.O.o

The scene reminds me of gundam and front mission. No idea why...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 06:42   Link #41242
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The problem is while ceramic is strong, they're also damn brittle AND lightweight.

Soft lead bullet expand upon entry and cause massive internal and exit wound, but deflected by armor plate. Cored armor piercing bullet (Steel/tungsten) pierce armor plate AND lodge on the squishy flesh behind it, but pass though unarmored body almost surgically. Ceramic has bad properties of both.

(Ceramic armor can deflect AP bullet by sheer hardness alone, so it'll block ceramic round even better)

Yeah, they taste real robot like... more than canon, which is a good thing.
Old 2013-04-06, 06:48   Link #41243
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: metal plates are class 3 body armor I think. Not sure about 2 but class 1 is for stopping pistol rounds so... Uh... Not sure about ther point I'm making. However, since ceramic won't work then how about a metallic shell?
Old 2013-04-06, 06:50   Link #41244
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Sort of from Gundam, since it's based on this scene which I admittedly borrowed the dialogues from.

Then there's also the part prior to that scene where the character in focus (in my scene's case, the CCs) kicked an ass or two before the whole squad thing came in.

The Gundam Pilot in that video took out two Zakus before the reinforcements came.

The CCs in my scene took out a standard Jabber and a Strike Jabber before the drone squad came. (Do note, it's with partial deployment the entire time.)
Old 2013-04-06, 07:20   Link #41245
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@zero: metal plates are class 3 body armor I think. Not sure about 2 but class 1 is for stopping pistol rounds so... Uh... Not sure about ther point I'm making. However, since ceramic won't work then how about a metallic shell?
Correct, Class I, II, and IIIA don't use plating at all, Class III use thin metal plating, while class IV use thick metal or ceramic.

The problem is velocity and weight, too little terminal ballistic as result. Ceramic bullet can be fast, again, due to their light weight, but it's unique properties prevent it from being used as projectile effectively (assuming they don't shatter inside gun that is)

As for metal shell, it depends on it's composition. Typical anti naked-target will use hollow point or soft lead, it create the largest wound of all, but redundant thick protection, even without plate, will stop it (and it'll bounce on plating). Class II armor will suffice against them (Class I is too thin and declared obsolete as standard)

Full Metal jacket are lead encased with brass jacket, it has limited kevlar piercing ability, but create less wound than naked round. A compromise is often made with JHP, or Jacketed hollow point, which shares half the advantage and half the drawback between FMJ and JHP. Usually dealt using class IIIA armor and beyond.

And finally, hard-core metal alloy bullet or saboted flechette dart, they will pierce through steel (bog standard M4 can pierce 1 cm), and to stop them you need heavy plate (ceramic or hardened steel). But like I said before, using them against lightly protected fleshy target is a waste. Only class IV are resistant.
Old 2013-04-06, 07:24   Link #41246
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I need the round to go through at least class 2. And it has to be hollow enough to contain substantial amount of chaff. The metal shell could be 1 or 2mm thick.
Old 2013-04-06, 07:27   Link #41247
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's supposed to 'explode' as they hit I.S. barrier right?

So I guess it's more like an inert grenade, it explode when hit sufficiently hard surface, but will tore through thick fabric and flesh alike. Don't use ceramic, use semi-hard metal alloy. and increase the velocity to 400-450 m/s
Old 2013-04-06, 07:30   Link #41248
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah, it is supposed to do those

Gonna need big mags though since the rounds are huge. They're useless in semi-auto considering how much chaff is needed to actually dent an IS shield. So I was thinking a 40 round clip. running that .45 though. Hmm...

Might even consider running .5
Old 2013-04-06, 14:41   Link #41249
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I've always wondered where the inspiration or general appearance of your IS's come from.

Also any ff recommendations aside from Silverback, Athena and ST? I need an urgent surge of inspiration.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 16:56   Link #41250
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If you don't mind an even mindbogglingly squicky/ darker story, stories by Fangking and Fujin. I used to exchange notes with Fangking before I hit extended hiatus, even.

Gender Dislocation by Strovist is chock full of OC, but aside that is very excellent, very original story. What's more, it's not even japan-centric like typical manga/anime fanfic.

Eras/Vendetta's Future Imperfect, all the wacky hijink of 'children from the future' without pulling a punch about tragic backstory and all the implication. if you want more fluff, Daydreams of Maiden in love and it's spinoff.

Heart of the Machine has top of the line marty stu as protagonist, but like strovist, it's very good overall. This is the first mainstream I.S. fic, even.
Old 2013-04-06, 18:39   Link #41251
DarkJak2050

Another in the archive.

Infinite Stratos Return
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 22:06   Link #41252
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Anyone here seen Blassreiter? Was thinking what if the IS looked like those when they get merged with their IS for the FourzexIS
Old 2013-04-06, 22:10   Link #41253
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You mean GRIMDARK kamen rider (with sex) the anime?

Not yet, but considering the sheer difference in size.... superdense evil rider?
Old 2013-04-06, 22:55   Link #41254
demino_hellsin
That one guy

kinda yeah

So enemies get it first, then the heroes get it too. Except for Gentarou because he's a rider which runs on a completely different system that Tabane does NOT want to make an upgrade for. Plus he's hogging her Chifuyu so yeah...

And Tabane does not believe in the power of friendship which Gentarou is posterboy for. Go figure.

Again, the big bad at the end is basically evil rider with the power which literally breaks all the established laws of science.
Old 2013-04-06, 23:40   Link #41255
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Again, the big bad at the end is basically evil rider with the power which literally breaks all the established laws of science.

/JK

Been a long time since I watch kamen rider (the last one is Den-O), I don't know Kamen Rider channel dragonball somewhere.
Old 2013-04-06, 23:46   Link #41256
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well funny thing is Fourze is a rider with 40 switches/powers based on various laws of science.

The antithesis takes these laws, breaks their spines, watches them crumble and takes over in their place to dictate how everything works. Needless to say everyone gets steamrolled.

And again, I proposed a scenario where Laura tries her AIC against said evil rider. Said evil rider not only ignores it unaffected, he reverses it with enough power to override Laura's PIC and cause her to convulse from going into cardiac arrest until one of the other cast shoot him enough to distract him from finishing the deed.
Old 2013-04-07, 04:37   Link #41257
DarkJak2050

I have a bit of good news for everyone...

I finally managed to get the start on the Prologue for Project Silverback's 2nd story arc.
Old 2013-04-07, 04:53   Link #41258
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sounds gret, we need more active writers for this thread
Old 2013-04-07, 05:57   Link #41259
DarkJak2050

Hmm, I don't know if I should add Brian's background/past in the story.

I'm kind of reluctent at the moment because of his background/past, if you guys remember...

Some help guys?
Old 2013-04-07, 07:22   Link #41260
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

If it's needed to explain his personality in the story, it has to be included, whatever it may be.

A scene:
Spoiler for Academy:

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest