AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-23, 20:21   Link #29021
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Six-year-old transgender Colorado girl gains the right to use the girls' bathroom

Quote:
In a sharply worded ruling, the [Colorado civil rights] division concluded that the Fountain-Fort Carson School District needlessly created a situation in which the student, Coy Mathis, would be subject to harassment when it barred her from the girls’ bathroom even though she clearly identified as female.

It was clear, the state said, that Coy had completely integrated into society as a girl — wearing girls’ clothing, standing in the girls’ line at school and choosing to play with girls.

But the state’s ruling went even further, saying that evolving research on transgender development showed that “compartmentalizing a child as a boy or a girl solely based on their visible anatomy, is a simplistic approach to a difficult and complex issue.”
I can only imagine the reaction to this on conservative talk radio. I just hope no nutcases take out their fury on little Coy.

Gay marriage pales in comparison to this. That concerns adults. The notion that a pre-school child should be able to choose her gender will not go down well in many parts of America.
Old 2013-06-23, 20:30   Link #29022
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
That's really encouraging... and I find myself feeling rather jealous that my family wasn't supportive like that.
Old 2013-06-23, 22:04   Link #29023
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.S. warns countries against Snowden travel
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95M02H20130623

Analysis: At U.S. high court, high anxiety over big cases
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95K06L20130621
Old 2013-06-23, 22:32   Link #29024
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Six-year-old transgender Colorado girl gains the right to use the girls' bathroom

...if she's really a girl.... no problem.... Thinking if had a transgen urinating with me at the men's bathroom.....
Old 2013-06-23, 23:08   Link #29025
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post

...if she's really a girl.... no problem.... Thinking if had a transgen urinating with me at the men's bathroom.....
*facepalm*
Old 2013-06-23, 23:11   Link #29026
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post

In elementary schools, everyone gets their own stall. And yes, she's a girl by gender. We don't know her private physical condition.
Old 2013-06-24, 02:33   Link #29027
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Such a traumatizing experience that'd be... oh wait.

Good on her, nice to see some positive stuff in those areas.

Old 2013-06-24, 02:41   Link #29028
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
*facepalm*
There there!

Of course it goes without saying prejudice is embedded in multitudes of layers. Discarding such isn't going to be that simple.

Fight on!
Old 2013-06-24, 05:06   Link #29029
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Nelson Mandela still in critical condition.

He's one of the few leaders I truly respected the most.

But if it's his time then it's his time. He's done enough for SA and the world and I don't think it's right to ask him any more.
Old 2013-06-24, 05:21   Link #29030
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

I can only imagine the reaction to this on conservative talk radio. I just hope no nutcases take out their fury on little Coy.

Gay marriage pales in comparison to this. That concerns adults. The notion that a pre-school child should be able to choose her gender will not go down well in many parts of America.
I don't see why anyone would have an issue with her now. She looks cute as a girl......

Though I wonder about her being a TG without oestrogen production organs. As much as she would make an adorable pettanko, I don't think her masculine physiology will warp into that of a female's past puberty.

She would have better fate as crossplayer than a girl in that case.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-06-24, 05:27   Link #29031
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

She'll probably start OCPs at around 10yo to simulate female puberty.
Old 2013-06-24, 05:44   Link #29032
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
She'll probably start OCPs at around 10yo to simulate female puberty.
But she won't have her periods still right?

I wonder if people like her parents made the right choice in turning their boy into a girl. Maybe it is just a phase the kid goes through to experiment with sexuality? I don't know, I have had a gay friend who decided not to cut it off and stuck on as a male.

Or it might be that imagination is at play when the ball just kept rolling upon the boy putting on his first dress and is unable to detach from that he is still a boy despite bing in a dress; children aren't very good at distinguishing reality and fantasy.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-06-24, 05:54   Link #29033
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

She'll obviously never have a period and by extension pregnant, unless they suddenly develop female reproductive tract transplants in the future.
Old 2013-06-24, 06:11   Link #29034
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
*facepalm*
My feeling exactly!
Old 2013-06-24, 06:13   Link #29035
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In elementary schools, everyone gets their own stall. And yes, she's a girl by gender. We don't know her private physical condition.
Well, if she's labeled as transgender and had to go through this fight to use the girls' restroom, I think we know what her private physical condition was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I wonder if people like her parents made the right choice in turning their boy into a girl. Maybe it is just a phase the kid goes through to experiment with sexuality? I don't know, I have had a gay friend who decided not to cut it off and stuck on as a male.
Sexuality and gender identification are not the same.
Old 2013-06-24, 06:46   Link #29036
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't see why anyone would have an issue with her now. She looks cute as a girl......
Trust me, there are people in this country that will see her parents as possessed by Satanic forces making her spawn of the devil. I'm not kidding about this stuff, either. Take a iook at this post I made over in the Azazel-san thread to see another example.

This didn't happen in California or Massachusetts but in Colorado, a state in the throes of the culture wars. Colorado is often characterized as a "purple" state because it is somewhat balanced between Democrats and Republicans. That positive characterization misrepresents a rather volatile political situation. Colorado is not a state full of moderates but riven with conflict between Democrats and liberals in Denver and Boulder and Republicans and conservatives in Colorado Springs and the western part of the state bordering Utah.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2013-06-24 at 07:34.
Old 2013-06-24, 07:07   Link #29037
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Analysis: Another China central bank worry; companies push into lending
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95N02P20130624
How much time before the crash ?
Old 2013-06-24, 07:41   Link #29038
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Trust me, there are people in this country that will see her parents as possessed by Satanic forces making her spawn of the devil. I'm not kidding about this stuff, either. Take a iook at this post I made over in the Azazel-san thread to see another example.
You know, I thought only my country had such extreme zealots. Seems like brainless people are a dime a dozen all over the world >_>
Old 2013-06-24, 07:43   Link #29039
HasuMasu
*Artist

They're everywhere, if anything they're the majority.

Endless "Fear the Believers" Soul
Old 2013-06-24, 10:14   Link #29040
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
They're everywhere, if anything they're the majority.

Endless "Fear the Believers" Soul
Hmm? Is that a reference to my run-in with that ....person at my local 7-11?

Endless "Hmm?" Soul
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international