AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-03, 14:47   Link #2161
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 gundam fan View Post
its just one of the problems with gsd, the fact that they dont really make it clear for the fans. i always thought the writers in japan dont get that when we watch a series we kinda want a established answer to things like this
Well, I think that's because they want to focus more on Shinn's desire to protect Stella rather than actually trying to establish whether or not they are a romantic couple. And, for me, it works better this way considering Stella's mental state.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 15:08   Link #2162
23 gundam fan

my problem with gsd is the famous plot holes.for instance why did durandall not know lacus was in orb,think about it shiin saw lacus at the the site for lost who were lost. and no one can tell me that shinn didnt know who lacus was or what she looked like, shinn had been living on the plants, you guys know as well as i do that you cant walk or drive down the street and not see her face or hear her voice. i mean it was everywhere,now for those who cant connect the dots as to how durandall would know lacus whereabouts, well lets see shinn would tell rey and rey would tell durandall. i think seeing lacus who had been missing would be a very big deal. and for those who would argue that maybe shinn didnt noticed lacus, well i cant buy into that. remember lacus was singing at the site, and there is no way shinn is not going to know that voice. I MEAN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A WOMAN WHOSE VERY VOICE CAN TELL AN ENTIRE RACE WHAT TO DO. based on these factors i can not see how durandall could not have found out about lacus whereabouts. if you agree or if you dont, let me know what you think.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 19:54   Link #2163
monster

Quote:
my problem with gsd is the famous plot holes.for instance why did durandall not know lacus was in orb,think about it shiin saw lacus at the the site for lost who were lost. and no one can tell me that shinn didnt know who lacus was or what she looked like, shinn had been living on the plants, you guys know as well as i do that you cant walk or drive down the street and not see her face or hear her voice. i mean it was everywhere,now for those who cant connect the dots as to how durandall would know lacus whereabouts, well lets see shinn would tell rey and rey would tell durandall. i think seeing lacus who had been missing would be a very big deal. and for those who would argue that maybe shinn didnt noticed lacus, well i cant buy into that. remember lacus was singing at the site, and there is no way shinn is not going to know that voice. I MEAN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A WOMAN WHOSE VERY VOICE CAN TELL AN ENTIRE RACE WHAT TO DO. based on these factors i can not see how durandall could not have found out about lacus whereabouts. if you agree or if you dont, let me know what you think.
Who said Durandal doesn't know that Lacus was in Orb?
Old 2011-12-05, 21:30   Link #2164
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, he did seem to show genuine surprise and disbelief when she showed up on TV with Cagalli in Orb.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 21:43   Link #2165
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well considering she went from the AA to the eternal, and then made it *back* down straight to Orb, and then got right on TV...

Lacus sure knows where to be.
Old 2011-12-05, 21:45   Link #2166
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Who said Durandal doesn't know that Lacus was in Orb?
Gilbert thought Lacus got wiped out in space in episode 39.. but to his dismay, Kira saved her and the Eternal
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 22:05   Link #2167
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Well, he did seem to show genuine surprise and disbelief when she showed up on TV with Cagalli in Orb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
Gilbert thought Lacus got wiped out in space in episode 39.. but to his dismay, Kira saved her and the Eternal
Since 23 gundam fan mentioned Shinn, I was thinking he/she meant in the early parts of Destiny.

If we're talking about the latter parts of Destiny, then it makes sense for Durandal to not know that Lacus was in Orb since she did left Earth with Freedom making a scene and then arrived quickly at Orb without anyone outside the Archangel noticing that she was inside Infinite Justice.
Old 2011-12-07, 03:38   Link #2168
OrtadragoonX

I didn't even really enjoy Seed, much less Destiny. And I watched all of Seed. I watched like 3 or 4 episodes of Destiny over the internet and said "screw this, I'm not killing my bandwidth for this."

"Damn you to hell... SPACE BELONGS TO THE SPACENOIDS!!!"
OrtadragoonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 08:00   Link #2169
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtadragoonX View Post
I didn't even really enjoy Seed, much less Destiny. And I watched all of Seed. I watched like 3 or 4 episodes of Destiny over the internet and said "screw this, I'm not killing my bandwidth for this."
i very much enjoyed Seed from beginning to end.. Destiny got me cringing at the start (because of the lack of Kira Yamato, yes I'm a fan girl) to the end (because Kira and the others got written poorly)

Shinn didn't even feel like he belonged in the series
Old 2011-12-07, 13:17   Link #2170
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Not surprising...when it was advertised, it was always shown Shinn was supposed to be the new main character with Athrun and the others are support, but then Kira completely hijacked the series and Shinn was reduced to a lapdog who would listen to whatever Dullindal and Rey told him whenever he had doubts. And if either weren't there, he'd just RAGE fight.
Old 2011-12-07, 13:53   Link #2171
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Dont know what you guys are talking about i loved Destiny, i thought it was alot better than Seed and i enjoyed Shins character alot more than Kira since he wasnt crying after every battle he fought.
One of the things i like best in this series is the shinXluna romance.......sure it might of came out of nowhere since there was no clues watsoever throughout the whole series that they liked eachother, and they only started getting close after shin kills lunas sister which is a bit of a wtf moment but they did it pretty good.
Not to mention the VA of shin and luna are the same that voiced ZackxAerith from FF7 and its pure win.
Old 2011-12-07, 14:02   Link #2172
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

the title changed again o_0

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 14:04   Link #2173
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Well, not to sound offensive, but it sounds like you're a lot easier to please than I and some others are, lol.

Shinn may not have been as emotional in terms of crying, but he was just as emotional all the same really, just his emotion was anger rather than sadness.

Shinn/Lunamaria hurt enough that it was out of nowhere, but having little to no real development afterwards either really makes it feel pointless and thrown in there to please pairing fans or something.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:31   Link #2174
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Dont know what you guys are talking about i loved Destiny, i thought it was alot better than Seed and i enjoyed Shins character alot more than Kira since he wasnt crying after every battle he fought.
One of the things i like best in this series is the shinXluna romance.......sure it might of came out of nowhere since there was no clues watsoever throughout the whole series that they liked eachother, and they only started getting close after shin kills lunas sister which is a bit of a wtf moment but they did it pretty good.
Not to mention the VA of shin and luna are the same that voiced ZackxAerith from FF7 and its pure win.
come on man you put anyone in shinn and luna situation as far as hey i just killed your little sister lets hook up. in what of any worlds is that logically or realistic. sci-fi show or not you have to go with some logically reactions, and lets date after i kill your family aint one of them. as a writer i would be ashamed of myself for that relationship. you do not pull stuff like that out of thin air and expect us to buy into that.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 03:27   Link #2175
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Both are soldiers, soldiers are trained and indoctrinated to kill. They follow orders, how does this make them bad?
"Case to case basis"

If I'm ordered to shot a bunch of women with their children, without any threat at all and followed, I'm bad and stupid at the same time. I will rather be shot after killing that "bastard" first.

If it's a kid with a gun, then I'll have to kill him, no regrets.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 06:43   Link #2176
winter45

Yes it is case to case basis.

In the western world it will be considered an unlawful order. But not all countries have the same rules or even follow the geneva's convention.

But im watching the show in unbiased pov when it comes to their respective side of conduct hence why i replied with my soldiers statement.

Does it make it right? Well thats just subjective. If the order is lawful from their respective side then imo should be treated as such, even tho you and I may disagree with the ethics and morals behind such decision.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 17:53   Link #2177
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
come on man you put anyone in shinn and luna situation as far as hey i just killed your little sister lets hook up. in what of any worlds is that logically or realistic. sci-fi show or not you have to go with some logically reactions, and lets date after i kill your family aint one of them. as a writer i would be ashamed of myself for that relationship. you do not pull stuff like that out of thin air and expect us to buy into that.
Meylin was declared a traitor with video footage showing her willingly help another traitor (Athrun) escape (she was not held at gun point, so the only logical conclusion was she was willingly helping Athrun). Lunamaria throughout the story is portrayed as a very lawful/rule abiding person and soldier who holds Shinn back when he's out of line, so when she just saw evidence that her sister committed treason towards the country she is loyal to it is not impossible for her to not blame Shinn for killing Meylin (plus Shinn received direct order from Durandal no less), so I buy into it. Not everyone takes family over law and concludes that every family member killed must be revenged, indeed in a lot of cases we *praise* people whom can disassociate their blood ties and be able to carry out lawful justice (although in this case we the viewer knows it isn't just, but the characters in the story such as Shinn and Lunamaria most certainly doesn't), Lunamaria seems to me to be that kind of character, I don't find that bit particularly poor or out of thin air.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 21:26   Link #2178
rakusukira

Luna not blaming Shinn for "killing" Meyrin was reasonable, that I understand... but hooking up with him after he allegedly stabbed that Gouf?? i don't think so...

not blaming Shinn, yes.
hooking up with Shinn, no.
Old 2011-12-11, 22:04   Link #2179
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Luna not blaming Shinn for "killing" Meyrin was reasonable, that I understand... but hooking up with him after he allegedly stabbed that Gouf?? i don't think so...

not blaming Shinn, yes.
Why not?
Luna originally had a crush on Athrun, who turned out to be a traitor, her sister also turned out to be a "traitor", after that she would already be seriously questioning her own emotions, ways of life and views thus making her emotionally vulnerable and unstable. Not to mention that she would also have to bare others treating her differently because she would also be a suspicious of being a spy/traitor due to Maylin's incident. When all of these are happening only Shinn treated her normally and not look down at her and support her. She was vulnerable at that point and Shinn was the closest person to her, some emotion could easily develop from that, heck if no emotions develop from that that would be out of the norm, even though it might be the wrong start.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 22:39   Link #2180
winter45

Quote:
but hooking up with him after he allegedly stabbed that Gouf?? i don't think so...

not blaming Shinn, yes.
Why not?

She has already showed interest in Shinn in the specials. So this alone may give shinn a leeway even if it is a tiny one.

Plus Luna seems to be one of the more mature teenagers amongst the cast to understand her sister is responsible for her own actions as well that shinn had no choice in the matter when he was ordered to bring down the gouf.

And remember shinn was holding back as much as possible till he was put into a corner (out of peaceful resolution solutions) with no other choice. Given that Luna is also a fellow pilot she would also known about what steps shinn has taken to attempt to bring back the gouf. She may be butthurt, but shouldn't stunt her attraction towards shinn.

I personally hope your not being biased over this.

Last edited by winter45; 2011-12-11 at 22:55.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote