AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 07:07   Link #1961
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
manly tears were shed, 10/10
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 12:43   Link #1962
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

The ending felt extremely rushed, a lot of explaining was left out and various scene were crammed together and felt out of place. However, with that said the lovely ending was a welcome sight and overall Gosick was a rather enjoyable series as a whole. I'll make a more detail review later on...in a bit of a rush
Old 2011-07-03, 13:26   Link #1963
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

enjoyed it till the very end.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 16:48   Link #1964
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

About Kujo... to me, he ended up being little more than Inoue Orihime without boobs. So, completely useless. It may seem like a paradox, but while his relationship with Victorique was the strongest aspect of the show, at the same time, he himself was one of the weakest. Oh, how many times have wished to strangle him...
Old 2011-07-03, 21:03   Link #1965
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A very great ending and a very enjoyable series this needs to be dubbed

10/10
Old 2011-07-04, 01:12   Link #1966
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
why do i think that Bossun from Sket Dance is a decendant of Kujo & Victorique? where's the fanfics?, we may need them now!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 02:22   Link #1967
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
why do i think that Bossun from Sket Dance is a decendant of Kujo & Victorique? where's the fanfics?, we may need them now!
You can drop by Hidan no Aria fanfic thread for a certain descendent of Kujo...
Old 2011-07-04, 02:48   Link #1968
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Spoiler for lolspoiler, not true but a great read :D:

my head is spinning right now, so don't ask.

As for the the future of this series, I'd want to wish for Gosick S OAV's, though it'd be a longshot.
Old 2011-07-04, 07:48   Link #1969
blue_sora

Beautiful ending, the snowing part between Victorique and Kujo when reading the letter made me cry. I have always had a soft spot of soldiers with people waiting for them. Pretty sad that both Brians died, I hoped the one with Victorique will live.

My main complaint in the ending will be Jupiter Roget. I mean he suddenly appeared out of nowhere as a fugitive and had all Kujo's letters and just know where Victorique is. Then he came back to the palace and the King offered his position back. The King was totally spineless, I pitied Saubure for having a king like that.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 09:05   Link #1970
Ishe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
My problem with the ending in Gosick is that the plot left no way for Kujo to be involved in anything other than the relationship between Kujo and Victorique.

Most of the larger plot points, like Brian Roscoe, Victorique's imprisonment, Albert de Blois, and Cordelia, resolved themselves without Kujo. They were also much more interesting than Kujo and Victorique's conflict, which was primarily keeping their feelings throughout the war, because they had much more build-up.

That being said, Kujo and Victorique's relationship was obviously the most emphasized thing in Gosick, with foreshadowing throughout the story, but the problem was that the level of intensity [if you want to call it that] didn't really peak. Its strongest was when it was revealed that they were separated, before Cordelia rescued Victorique. Cordelia and Albert de Blois, I think, overshadowed their conflict. If they had somehow made Victorique and Kujo's conflict more intense after Cordelia died [I think they tried to with Kujo's delusions, but it didn't work out in my opinion], it would have made their ending much stronger.

Obviously, they could have spent more time on the side characters too, but I don't think that was the largest problem. I never really felt a sense of urgency or suspense stronger than when Cordelia fought Albert de Blois and Brian Roscoe attempted to kill Victorique. If they had spent a little more time showing Kujo in actual danger, or showed him getting injured in combat [beyond the delusion, which was weird], it would have made the ending much more impactful. But since it wasn't, and Kujo wasn't able to be involved with any other aspect of the plot, it felt to me as if he was missing for everything, which made the ending more underwhelming than it should have been.

Not that it was really, really underwhelming. I really did like the ending. It was resolved well and was very touching.
They could have had the KujoXVictorique part be more impactful by having that part with Kujo be a delusion he was having because the lower section of his body had actually been blown off and he was dying. This wouldn't have needed to be shown, but when Roget handed the letters to Victorique, they could have panned out and shown him speaking to her without sound followed by Victorique collapsing, crying. Then had her sail "out to sea" with the loss of her "heart". They already had potential symbolism of them dying with the pictures from the book disappearing. I don't know that I would have liked the ending more, but that was the direction I thought they were heading when I first saw Roget handing her the letters.
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 13:03   Link #1971
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Spoiler to those that haven't seen the last two episodes:
Spoiler:

Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post

Still, happy ending instead of leaving things hanging or ambiguous definitely made up for a lot.
This.

I want information about novel 8
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 13:29   Link #1972
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I might've missed it but what's the cause of Victorique's hair turning silver? Was it like grief from everything that happened at once or what?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 18:03   Link #1973
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I might've missed it but what's the cause of Victorique's hair turning silver? Was it like grief from everything that happened at once or what?
That's the only real logical explanation. Luckily, we aren't shown her hair since they first boarded the boat, so it doesn't necessarily have to have happened overnight. Threw me off too, but natural decoloration is the only real explanation since it stayed that way four years later.

Now, my question is about the war. We know it ended, and we know that Sauville and Japan don't seem horribly upset over this. We also know that Sauville was allied with Germany, the aggressor. Are we to take this to mean that the Axis somehow won the war in the Gosick world, despite the fact that Germany should've still been barely recovering from the first war and that the USA would've had no economic reason to stay out of the second war (since the Great Depression didn't hit until 1929, unless that was changed in this too)?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 21:30   Link #1974
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome series, really, awesome. You can tell they rushed it but they still managed to cover their bases.

As for the silver hair, perhaps that's where 'Grey Wolf' comes into play? I much prefer the blonde though.

And is this ending from the novels or is it original?
Old 2011-07-05, 00:56   Link #1975
Kyuu
=^^=

I had not seen the last two episodes. Waiting on Hatsuyuki.

Quote:
The fact that both Kujo and Victorique never blatantly or openly express their love for each other throughout the series is not true. You would have to "read between the lines" so to speak to see it. Their actions and what little they say definitely speak volumes of how much they love each other.
Knowing how most anime end, this ain't much of a surprise; nor a spoiler. I'd have to say - by eps 22, it is blatantly obvious the deep connection between the two. Kujo may be a dunderhead; but Victorique does not mind. Plus, her reliance on him is a clear indication, as well as Kujo's "healthy obsession" for her. If she's not around, he finds his way to see her.

What more does anyone need to show love? Direct confession? Puhlease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Now, my question is about the war. We know it ended, and we know that Sauville and Japan don't seem horribly upset over this. We also know that Sauville was allied with Germany, the aggressor. Are we to take this to mean that the Axis somehow won the war in the Gosick world, despite the fact that Germany should've still been barely recovering from the first war and that the USA would've had no economic reason to stay out of the second war (since the Great Depression didn't hit until 1929, unless that was changed in this too)?
If you want historical accuracy -- or even adherance -- might as well wipe out Sauville as well as the entire plot of the series. :3
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 04:26   Link #1976
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Now, my question is about the war. We know it ended, and we know that Sauville and Japan don't seem horribly upset over this. We also know that Sauville was allied with Germany, the aggressor. Are we to take this to mean that the Axis somehow won the war in the Gosick world
Since it was Albert that wanted to ally with Germany, it's possible that when Jupiter regained his position, Sauville made an about face and changed alliances, much alike what Italy did in 1943.
However I won't lose too many brain cells thinking about it, considering that this war was completely fictional.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 05:10   Link #1977
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I think I actually cried after this episode. It was just so epic, although I wish there were a few more minutes to round out the story a 'lil better. But it might be best to leave a lot of thing ambiguous.

I want more, and I know I shouldn't...
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 16:43   Link #1978
Kataryn

Quote:
That's the only real logical explanation. Luckily, we aren't shown her hair since they first boarded the boat, so it doesn't necessarily have to have happened overnight. Threw me off too, but natural decoloration is the only real explanation since it stayed that way four years later.

Well, what I don't understand is why did only Victorique's hair turn white? I mean, stress is probably the only explanation but Kujo and even Cordelia were stressed out. Why didn't their hair turn white too?
Kataryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 16:49   Link #1979
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

One of the best series I have seen a while and with that happy ending I'm satisfied and I like this series so much. As someone already said before "manly tears were shed" at the end of the last episode. 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Well, what I don't understand is why did only Victorique's hair turn white? I mean, stress is probably the only explanation but Kujo and even Cordelia were stressed out. Why didn't their hair turn white too?
I believe that it is impossible for her hair turning into white overnight. The silver hair probably might be the result of some trick Brian used to conceal Victorique's identity. But normally and in short period of time your hair can't turn into white overnight. It takes time like after a person faces emotional shock or traumatic experiences so that her hair would turns white. It's a really slow process that may takes at least a month. But I haven't readed novel nor manga so I wonder if the time from which she was rescued till the time the guards pay attention to her is over a month then it is indeed possible to get hair into white.

Last edited by Qpax; 2011-07-06 at 17:03.
Qpax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 17:34   Link #1980
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
My hypothesis is she became a true 'Gray Wolf' and so her hair changed color. I had wondered why they were Gray Wolves and not Golden Wolves or something and this sort of explains that.

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen