AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-17, 09:42   Link #2341
kitten320

I have to agree with LoweGear. It really is not that uncommon for people not to notice how someone is feeling when that someone is trying her/his best to hide it. I'm really similar to Haruka in that aspect because I also always hide my true emotions and I know for the fact that almost always people can't tell if something is bothering me until I finally crack. Thankfully it never got so bad as with Haruka.
The only person who usually notices when something is wrong with me is my mother who knows me my whole life. And how long does everyone know Haruka? Few years? And the last year or so they barely even saw each other outside work area. Sometimes even girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't notice how their second half is feeling and if they don't then how do you expect normal friends to notice?
The only reason why Chihaya noticed things even before Haruka broke down and accident happened is because Haruka is her BEST friend.
Chihaya was always distant since her brothers death and never got close to anyone while Haruka literally bombed her way through Chihaya's walls, it is hard for her not to notice what was happening to Haruka especially after Haruka had literary saved her in episode 20. If not Haruka, no one would really do anything for Chihaya and she would most likely end up in depression and die young. Having such strong connection to Haruak, it would be unthinkable for her to not notice things. No one else has ever been that close and carrying about Haruka as Chihaya is now. And no one else ever cared so much about Chihaya as Haruka, they have a mutual understanding now.
Old 2011-12-17, 10:06   Link #2342
inisipis

Still a very good episode, and quite an appropriate conclusion to Haruka's troubles.

We get to Haruka doing her Shinji Eva thing with inner child visual projections and lonely rides on the train (Makes me wonder what Train Line are they using that is so empty in very busy Tokyo). Luckily for her, all the girls finally get around together and realize that she is now in need of their help. And we get something like an TV Evangelion ending with everyone cheering her and showing their un-dying support, except instead of standing on a miniture Earth, they all do this via downtown giant Jumbotron.

Anyway, Nice to see that Project Jupiter getting their act back, even though starting back from scratch, after they left Kuroi. They seem to be following the 765 president's footsteps in that they're aiming to a more personal and honest Idol production group.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 15:08   Link #2343
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
oh btw :
Spoiler:

No IM@S, No Life ;_;
That would be one negation too many
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 16:35   Link #2344
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Episode 24 was GREAT. Just my style. I love this show so much, and Haruka is stupendous. Period. Yayoi still only edges her out in my "fave category", but after last ep it was only winning by a nose.

Ya know though - only 1 ep left.

I sure hope there is another season of this.

8/10 vote on ep 24 from me.
Old 2011-12-17, 16:55   Link #2345
Nerroth
NePoi!

There is one element I think was handled a lot better here than what I've seen from the games.

Spoiler for Im@s 2 spoiler stuff:
Old 2011-12-17, 19:02   Link #2346
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Seconded on that point. The anime version does make more sense. Rare for such to be so!
Old 2011-12-17, 23:57   Link #2347
Kyuu
=^^=

What the hell... all this girly-togetherness has been giving me MAN-TEARS all throughout the series.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 01:41   Link #2348
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 16:04   Link #2349
NewtypeEXE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Makoto picture
As a Makoto fan, that picture pleases me greatly.
Spoiler for .:

I'll throw in a short comic.
Spoiler for .:
Old 2011-12-18, 16:57   Link #2350
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
What the hell... all this girly-togetherness has been giving me MAN-TEARS all throughout the series.
Umm ... is there a problem with this?

Old 2011-12-18, 17:47   Link #2351
Midonin
Last Engage

Midonin's The Two iDOLM@STERs Comparison Diary
Week Twenty-One

The shows have been off-sync from each other since the start, but if we're talking time wise, iM@S sets its finale for New Years', while Xenoglossia uses the New Year for a late-series plot twist. That plot twist being that Mondenkind is disbanded. The iM@S team is together (for now, at least), while, even in their final moments of being together, there's a very strong sense of loneliness among their Xenoglossia counterparts.

Xeno Haruka is still stuck in Chihaya Brooding Mode, and without that sense of togetherness that everyone around her, and she herself has, she can't get out of it so easily.

Between this episode and the last, we got the past of Chihaya. Both of them. Xenoglossia's also dealt with the loss of a family member and growing apart from someone, but in a much more violent manner. It doesn't help that Imber keeps having flashbacks to Haruka. It's not so much that Chihaya is different as that Azusa is.

Azusa's iM@S self was a gravure girl, wants to get married, and looks fine in a wedding dress. Xenoglossia's has a shared backstory with Chihaya, having gone through much of the same thing, being used in human science testing. AzuChiha is a popular pairing, but seeing them in this context is definitely an eye opener.

On the antagonist front, 961's been largely dealt with (and, as it's explained, was mostly doing it out of a warped sense of vision.) Whereas Turiavita's "vision" involves a "new age of mankind", and as of now, they have the upper hand. Hibiki Saku continues to be like the Producer if he were evil.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 20:22   Link #2352
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Week Twenty-One

The shows have been off-sync from each other since the start, but if we're talking time wise, iM@S sets its finale for New Years', while Xenoglossia uses the New Year for a late-series plot twist. That plot twist being that Mondenkind is disbanded. The iM@S team is together (for now, at least), while, even in their final moments of being together, there's a very strong sense of loneliness among their Xenoglossia counterparts.

Xeno Haruka is still stuck in Chihaya Brooding Mode, and without that sense of togetherness that everyone around her, and she herself has, she can't get out of it so easily.

Between this episode and the last, we got the past of Chihaya. Both of them. Xenoglossia's also dealt with the loss of a family member and growing apart from someone, but in a much more violent manner. It doesn't help that Imber keeps having flashbacks to Haruka. It's not so much that Chihaya is different as that Azusa is.

Azusa's iM@S self was a gravure girl, wants to get married, and looks fine in a wedding dress. Xenoglossia's has a shared backstory with Chihaya, having gone through much of the same thing, being used in human science testing. AzuChiha is a popular pairing, but seeing them in this context is definitely an eye opener.

On the antagonist front, 961's been largely dealt with (and, as it's explained, was mostly doing it out of a warped sense of vision.) Whereas Turiavita's "vision" involves a "new age of mankind", and as of now, they have the upper hand. Hibiki Saku continues to be like the Producer if he were evil.
I was wondering where these comparisons went.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 20:31   Link #2353
Midonin
Last Engage

The group I was using has been a little slow, so I switched to the official subs for this show. I'll try to make it a regular Sunday thing until I finish all 25 episodes.
Old 2011-12-19, 04:15   Link #2354
NewtypeEXE

All my monies. Though I would've preferred Ryo.

Old 2011-12-19, 05:56   Link #2355
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtypeEXE View Post
I'd imagine that they'll get Eri and Ryo as the next DLC in upcoming months. You know they won't pass up the chance. Then watch as Ryo becomes the fastest downloaded DLC in Im@s history

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 06:32   Link #2356
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'd imagine that they'll get Eri and Ryo as the next DLC in upcoming months. You know they won't pass up the chance. Then watch as Ryo becomes the fastest downloaded DLC in Im@s history
Damn, now I want to invest some money to get a Japanese PSN card... But yeah, Namco sure knows how to get the fan's money.
Old 2011-12-19, 06:58   Link #2357
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Why am I not surprised.
Old 2011-12-19, 08:35   Link #2358
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Week Twenty-One

So that's where the whole Azusa/Chihaya idea came from! I was always confused when I saw fan art with them.

Is Xenoglossia any good? It sounds so different!
Old 2011-12-19, 08:50   Link #2359
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtypeEXE View Post

Marionette no Kokoro as the third DLC?? O.o
And Ai as the second guest star in S4U??

Oow, someone please shoot me already before i sell my kidney to black market...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 09:43   Link #2360
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So that's where the whole Azusa/Chihaya idea came from! I was always confused when I saw fan art with them.

Is Xenoglossia any good? It sounds so different!
There are two big reasons why those two are always paired together. I'm not sure how much Xeno had to do with it, but the other is difference in chest size.

As for what Xenoglossia is like... from what I've seen, the characters still have the general idea of their iM@S selves down. The plot's as much about the robots as it is about them. For a mecha series, it's written pretty well. For an iM@S series... reactions are varied, and I leave that up to you to decide.

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s