AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-11, 17:42   Link #101
Eragon
Still Alive

Fuck Yeah!! Chihaya doesn't take shit from nobody. New girl is annoying atm. The rest as good as it was
Old 2013-01-11, 18:03   Link #102
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I found it slightly odd that only one guy joined. Does that mean Taichi is that much more attractive than Chihaya, or were the first years somehow aware of Chihaya's reputation as a "wasted beauty"? Or is it that the author thinks guys are less shallow than girls...? Anyway, there should have definitely been more guys. Chihaya is the sister of a very famous model too, that's one more reason to want to get close to her.
I think her speech convinced the guys she was a wasted beauty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Taichi pretty much stole the episode once again with that line. How does he do it?
Because he's awesome and yet flawed at the same. I chuckled when he had the pouting sore loser face when Nishida mentioned Taichi wasn't an A-class player. Good job at rubbing it in Nishida. And yet I thought he was cool when he flicked Chihaya's head or told Sumire he wants to devout himself to one girl.

We need more male characters like Taichi in anime.
Old 2013-01-11, 18:13   Link #103
mistress_kisara

Fantastic episode! I don't know which couple to ship TaichixChihaya or ChihayaxKaruta
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 18:16   Link #104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I think her speech convinced the guys she was a wasted beauty.
Her grand declaration (which was typical Chihaya) wouldn't have been enough to make me give up on her

I actually found it kind of endearing that she intends to make 100 friends. I suppose I've gotten used to her...
Old 2013-01-11, 19:59   Link #105
Kazu-kun

Taichi's the man.

Poor Sumire doesn't stand a chance but I liked she didn't give up so easily. I already like her more than Chihaya.
Old 2013-01-11, 21:30   Link #106
Qilin
Romanticist

Looks like it only took me one episode to fall in love with this series all over again.

As with the first series, characterization remains one of this show's strong suits. But really, listening to Chihaya passionately talking about karuta was just so endearing. Her enthusiasm was infectious to the point I could almost convince myself to get fired up over some obscure Japanese card game. I'm glad that this episode's portrayal of her wasn't at all as goofy as I expected. Instead we received the image of someone who truly loves karuta.

That bit of exchange between Taichi and Sumire at the end was a thing of beauty as well, almost beyond words. Well, we all saw the rejection coming, given how hopelessly focused Taichi is on Chihaya, but it was Sumire's decision to "pursue the moment" that I found wonderful, perfectly fitting the prevalent backdrop of cherry blossom petals throughout the epsode.
Old 2013-01-11, 21:52   Link #107
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice job by Kana to market themselves using Taichi and Chihaya as models in kimonos. Too bad Chihaya had to speak. Don't mind Chihaya being greedy, but how is she honestly going to get better when she's playing a bunch of noobs. Though she did a good job of encouraging Taichi. Wow that Sumire girl annoys me already. That one new guy might be an actual player, seems like Sudo. Wonder when Arata will make his appearance.
Old 2013-01-12, 00:12   Link #108
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That the same actor can be both Gon and Sumire is a testament to her talent...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 00:28   Link #109
Kirarakim

I hope Sumire develops a bit because she might be the first Chihayafuru character I am not fond of. She just comes off as completely shallow.

But character development is Chihayafuru's strength so I will give her the benefit of the doubt that she will change for the better.

But oh how I missed everyone so much. And now they are all second years (tears up) I am going to be greedy like Chihaya and say I wish I could have 100 more episodes of Chihayafuru. Watching the series is like seeing a close friend again.
Old 2013-01-12, 01:38   Link #110
EroKing

Old 2013-01-12, 02:47   Link #111
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That the same actor can be both Gon and Sumire is a testament to her talent...
And speaking of gender-bender voices, the 99RadioService singer sounds a lot more like a guy in the new OP.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 03:08   Link #112
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Call me crazy, but find Sumire is very similar to elementary school Taichi: the dickish/snarky jokes/comments + trying to catch the person whose's eyes are on another person.

Anyway, it's amazing how it really feels like Kanade and Tsutomu aren't juniors anymore, and good ol' Chihaya being Chihaya.

I'm so damn glad Chihayafuru is back again.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 03:28   Link #113
Freeter
beyond

Holy crap, the budget got a major boost this season. Felt like I was watching Chihayafuru: The Movie.

Not fond of the new OP at all, but then again the first one was so defining that anything less would inevitably disappoint. I was hoping Madhouse would have kept it the same ala Black Lagoon. At least Shinobu is in (though I prefer her chubby side more ).

It's great to see the gang back in action, and Chihaya is as spontaneous as ever (even more so with the increased animation). New character Sumire is quite the off-putting presence with her snobbish attitude, but that will undoubtedly change once she discovers a passion for karuta (since we already know she doesn't have a rat's chance in hell with Taichi ).

And yes Madhouse, thank you for reminding us that Kana has an amazing rack
Old 2013-01-12, 03:58   Link #114
Yume Hanabi

Can't wait to see how Sumire will develop. She'll probably learn to love karuta, like pretty much everyone does in that club xD

How long will this season be? 13 or 26 eps? *hopefully 26*
Old 2013-01-12, 05:02   Link #115
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Two cours is all we know. Probably 25, like S1.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 05:11   Link #116
Yume Hanabi

Great =D

Man I wish it was airing at the beginning of the week. The wait seems longer when episodes air on a Friday xD
Old 2013-01-12, 06:33   Link #117
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh God, everything I love about this show is all coming back to me so easily. And not only that but now there's new characters that are spicing things up. I'm already loving Sumire's character.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 06:36   Link #118
Kirarakim

I see people are saying Sumire has no chance with Taichi but I wouldn't say that.

The author could be giving Taichi Sumire instead of Chihaya in the end. We will just have to see how things pan out.

If this is the case though I hope I grow to like Sumire because I only want the best for Taichi.
Old 2013-01-12, 07:06   Link #119
hai_san

Great Chihayafuru is back! Personally i prefer the previous OP of season 1. The new OP is beh... but still Chihayafuru has amazing speech dialogues, and as always the poems.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 08:11   Link #120
kitten320

I actually don't mind Sumire's perky personality, it makes her interesting and slightly reminds me of myself and some other people I know. What I don't like is her crazy boy/love obsession =/

Going by how she reacted to the poem, I'm sure she will get to love Karuta and maybe become good friends with Kana who is mostly into poems too.

Tags
cards, josei, karuta, sports