AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 22:32   Link #1001
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Holly Mad-Thane, Duke Mad-Thane's daughter. You know, the girl who gave Claus and Lavie that extra message to send in episode 1 of Last Exile, and was living with them and Alvis during its epilogue? That Holly.
Old 2011-11-16, 22:46   Link #1002
MeggieMay

Hmmm, well the couple I think would be nice is
Spoiler for I'm sorry I don't want roasted:

Personally, I can't see Millia or Giselle ending up with Fam, even if Fam wants them. Millia is royalty and will most likely end up marrying someone for political reasons, while Giselle doesn't seem interested in Fam that way. The thing that really stuck out to me is that Giselle has spent only one night over at Fam's place and they're suppose to be close girl friends (adopted sister types? Either way, that doesn't seem like a close girl friend style friendship). Giselle also strikes me as more interested in getting away from Fam than being her significant other (she's a mother figure in training who seems more interested in household chores verse her navigator status half the time). Fam, on the other hand, may have feelings that way but I'm just not feeling this coupling at all.

Of course that doesn't mean Fam and her harem fanfic isn't going to happen, or that my pairing has any chance of happening, but it's just how I'm feeling things at this point .
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 23:03   Link #1003
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Holly Mad-Thane, Duke Mad-Thane's daughter. You know, the girl who gave Claus and Lavie that extra message to send in episode 1 of Last Exile, and was living with them and Alvis during its epilogue? That Holly.
Oh... Right. Can't remember... D:

"Dio and Fam"

NO! Claus is Dio's one true love!
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 23:04   Link #1004
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Unless there is more then seven and they were all built to the same design.
The LE Wiki mentions some source material that hinted that thousands were built but some probably totally failed. Whether that's still what the show is going with is up in the air, so it's really no more than a foot note on the issue. However, there were only six moons in the sky and now only five since the one Exile dropped. So where are you coming up with seven? I have to say I think that our Exile might be seven as well, possibly parked behind one of the others (I also thought that Dio was suggesting in what he said that "his" Exile had just returned but the moon count didn't actually change after he saw that star so something is going on up there). However, if they are parking behind each other at this point, it is also possible there are more than seven so it's kind of going around in logic loops on the grand total of Exiles in orbit or how many might still be out there.

I do think it's telling that most everyone doesn't seem to realize a new Exile has landed lately, unless I missed something in the dialog (it's not clear if Ades war counsel knows or doesn't know what is going on with the Antoray/Disth crew or not but Giselle seems to have picked up on just how different the ship designs are on the Silvius verse what she has memorized). I also think we've not met everyone and this may end up with more than two sides before it's over (the three female Guild-looking pilots in the OP not only haven't shown up yet but their uniforms don't seem to match either Silvius, Ades, or Turan's so just who are those girls anyway? (and can I call them the "loli(pop)Guild girls" just for the fun of it? j/k ) )
Old 2011-11-16, 23:09   Link #1005
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Oh... Right. Can't remember... D:

"Dio and Fam"

NO! Claus is Dio's one true love!
Dio's going to have to fight the rest of Claus's harem for that to happen! Lavie and her wrench or Fam - I'm going with Fam for the least broken bones

OK, I just had this random thought of Fam meeting Claus and this entire discussion being totally mooted by Fam joining Claus's harem - thanks a lot
Old 2011-11-16, 23:41   Link #1006
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
Dio's going to have to fight the rest of Claus's harem for that to happen! Lavie and her wrench or Fam - I'm going with Fam for the least broken bones

OK, I just had this random thought of Fam meeting Claus and this entire discussion being totally mooted by Fam joining Claus's harem - thanks a lot
LOLZ... That can't be right: Fam is tomboy.
Old 2011-11-16, 23:52   Link #1007
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
LOLZ... That can't be right: Fam is tomboy.
You mean, kind of like...Tatiana and Lavie?

I don't think that will be a problem with Claus's harem.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 00:15   Link #1008
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
So where are you coming up with seven?
We saw six cocooned Exiles in orbit plus the one Dio saw landing in the first episode. I am assuming the other six were the Exiles of people that arrived long ago. Possibly around the time the Kingdom of Turan was founded.

Quote:
Hmmm, well the couple I think would be nice is
Spoiler for I'm sorry I don't want roasted:
Fam sees Dio as a flightly slacker who is useful time to time. Dio main interest in Fam is basically her skills and how they are useful for the war against Ades. Honestly, pairing them would really be too much of a character derail for both. Especially since the one person that Dio was really close to was Lucciola, with Claus in second place.

Quote:
Personally, I can't see Millia or Giselle ending up with Fam, even if Fam wants them. Millia is royalty and will most likely end up marrying someone for political reasons, while Giselle doesn't seem interested in Fam that way. The thing that really stuck out to me is that Giselle has spent only one night over at Fam's place and they're suppose to be close girl friends (adopted sister types? Either way, that doesn't seem like a close girl friend style friendship). Giselle also strikes me as more interested in getting away from Fam than being her significant other (she's a mother figure in training who seems more interested in household chores verse her navigator status half the time). Fam, on the other hand, may have feelings that way but I'm just not feeling this coupling at all.

Of course that doesn't mean Fam and her harem fanfic isn't going to happen, or that my pairing has any chance of happening, but it's just how I'm feeling things at this point .

Yes, Millia will marry Fam to help to link the Sky Pirates with The Kingdom of Turan! I honestly don't see Millia marrying some random person for political reasons.

If Gisey was so interested in getting away from Fam? I absolutely see not evidence of that. Hell I get the feeling that she if nothing else she is going to stick with Fam just to keep her out of trouble. I see Gisey's household work more as her duty of talking care of her siblings while her parents are out. Since she loves her bothers and sisters, of course she isn't going to slack, but I feel she rather be flying though the sky with Fam. I get the impression that her mother spends a lot of time working in the fields with the other women who are not directly engaged with Piracy. If Gisey truly wanted to be a full time homemaker, I no doubt she would be right now.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 00:38   Link #1009
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
We saw six cocooned Exiles in orbit plus the one Dio saw landing in the first episode. I am assuming the other six were the Exiles of people that arrived long ago. Possibly around the time the Kingdom of Turan was founded.

Fam sees Dio as a flightly slacker who is useful time to time. Dio main interest in Fam is basically her skills and how they are useful for the war against Ades. Honestly, pairing them would really be too much of a character derail for both. Especially since the one person that Dio was really close to was Lucciola, with Claus in second place.

Yes, Millia will marry Fam to help to link the Sky Pirates with The Kingdom of Turan! I honestly don't see Millia marrying some random person for political reasons.

If Gisey was so interested in getting away from Fam? I absolutely see not evidence of that. Hell I get the feeling that she if nothing else she is going to stick with Fam just to keep her out of trouble. I see Gisey's household work more as her duty of talking care of her siblings while her parents are out. Since she loves her bothers and sisters, of course she isn't going to slack, but I feel she rather be flying though the sky with Fam. I get the impression that her mother spends a lot of time working in the fields with the other women who are not directly engaged with Piracy. If Gisey truly wanted to be a full time homemaker, I no doubt she would be right now.
I could see Fam x Millia x Gisey as something like Patchy x Marisa x Alice. Thrice the fun!
Old 2011-11-17, 00:41   Link #1010
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

As a break from the fanshipping. I was wondering if anyone had theories on how they are going to introduce Alvis.

My theory is that she is going to Luscinia's next target in his quest to gather the Keys. I wonder if Keys have some sort of connection to each other (can sense each others' location maybe).

I wonder, could Sara be a Key? Theory: One of her ancestors returned on an Exile long ago and married into the Ades royal family. The Key genetic coding was passed down to her. Since Ades seems to realy pride themselves of being "pure" Earth stock, that bit of history was either lost or purposely hidden. Luscinia might not even think to suspect that she is a key.
Old 2011-11-17, 00:44   Link #1011
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Yes!

Quote:
I could see Fam x Millia x Gisey as something like Patchy x Marisa x Alice. Thrice the fun!
YES! That is exactly what I been saying all along but that is a great example!

P.S.
Remiu X Marisa X Alice is good too. (Off topic I know.)
Old 2011-11-17, 08:54   Link #1012
MeggieMay

Quote:
Actually, we only see Six "moons" at the beginning, which we later discover in show are cocooned Exiles, along with a star that shines bright and Dio seems to make a comment about it Picture The ship seen in silhouette there is a Sky Pirate van ship, not a Exile (and I can't find a picture of the five moons over at this site fast enough this morning).

As for fan pairing, I disagree with you but they're fan pairings and very much peoples opinions. I have mine, you have yours, life goes on
Old 2011-11-17, 11:18   Link #1013
TheKage

I was just thinking that since Ades and Luscinia are looking for Keys to the Exiles they're eventually going to look for Alvis.

Am I the only one who thinks that the only recent Exile expatriates are those who came from the Anatory-Disith Prester? That is, all of the other Exiles arrived at Earth a hundred or so years after everyone left Earth. My impression is that no one remembers the Exiles (which is why Turan defended against it). Not too shortly after they left Earth but maybe 150-400 years before the start of Fam?
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 11:52   Link #1014
pewpewpew

It certainly seems like the return of many of the exiles happened a good while ago. In episode 3, one of the sky pirates has to be reminded what they actually are. So their nature is still public knowledge, but a lot of people aren't educated/interested in them. This indicates that before the attack on Turan, the exiles hadn't been an issue for quite a while.

Ades' use of an exile as a weapon also seems to be unprecedented, given the surprise shown by everyone who witnesses the attack. Likewise, the Federation's top commanders don't have detailed knowledge of the Mysteria. It wouldn't be surprising if none of the other Earth nations have the ability to command the exiles they originated from; the Mysteria and the keys to exile themselves could have fallen out of governmental hands. It wouldn't surprise me if finding these people and their mysteria is a big goal of the Federation's intelligence service.
pewpewpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 14:16   Link #1015
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Actually, we only see Six "moons" at the beginning, which we later discover in show are cocooned Exiles, along with a star that shines bright and Dio seems to make a comment about it Picture The ship seen in silhouette there is a Sky Pirate van ship, not a Exile
Re-watching episode 01 on Funimation. At 06:24, we see a bright flash below and to the left of the six cocooned Exiles. The episode then specifically shows the Exile we know from season one descending to Earth at 06:32 while Dio quotes the answer to the Mysterion of House Hamilton. (Most likely to acknowledge that it is Alvis's Exile.) That is what I was referring too when I assumed there was seven Exiles. I am assuming that shortly before that you were referring to the shot of the pirate's mothership passing below the six moons.

Also rereading the fan translation of the history and timeline from the official art book, here, there were seven Presters. Could there be multiple Exiles for each Prester, maybe. But I get the impression one Exile per Prester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that the only recent Exile expatriates are those who came from the Anatory-Disith Prester? That is, all of the other Exiles arrived at Earth a hundred or so years after everyone left Earth. My impression is that no one remembers the Exiles (which is why Turan defended against it). Not too shortly after they left Earth but maybe 150-400 years before the start of Fam?
No, its acknowledged that the people that founded Turan arrived over 118 years ago on an Exile. I am assuming the other five returned between 100 and 200 years ago. Its also made pretty clear that in the last century the Exiles have become a thing of myth, like in the first season. In the mist of battle, the natural impulse to seeing something as large as an Exile cocoon (an Exile it self is over 5km long!) coming towards you is to open fire.

Last edited by Stevie_Nix; 2011-11-17 at 14:29.
Old 2011-11-17, 17:44   Link #1016
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
I'm half expecting their harems to merge somewhere along the line actually, ship everybuddy with everyone! Also heard a new term today, "vanshipping," shipping a pilot and a navie together, I rather like the term.

And I like Stevie_Nix's theory about how Alvis is going to be reintroduced, assuming that she's still living near Claus and Lavie when not piloting the exile that would be a really good way to bring in the rest of the original cast to make the older fans happy and would move the plot along nicely. I've also gotten the impression however that somehow most people haven't heard of the Anatoray-Disith Prestar/don't know that it's actually returned, I wonder what, if any, explanation Fam/Giselle/Milla/Teddy were given about the Silvanus (also noticed that all the boy sky pirates seem to be gone, maybe they sent them back home with the message that Fam and Giselle are going to be occupied for a while?).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 19:13   Link #1017
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I'm half expecting their harems to merge somewhere along the line actually, ship everybuddy with everyone! Also heard a new term today, "vanshipping," shipping a pilot and a navie together, I rather like the term.

And I like Stevie_Nix's theory about how Alvis is going to be reintroduced, assuming that she's still living near Claus and Lavie when not piloting the exile that would be a really good way to bring in the rest of the original cast to make the older fans happy and would move the plot along nicely. I've also gotten the impression however that somehow most people haven't heard of the Anatoray-Disith Prestar/don't know that it's actually returned, I wonder what, if any, explanation Fam/Giselle/Milla/Teddy were given about the Silvanus (also noticed that all the boy sky pirates seem to be gone, maybe they sent them back home with the message that Fam and Giselle are going to be occupied for a while?).
"Vanshipping." Heh, thats a rather good term.

Remember in the latest episode Fam and Gisey were wondering where the crew of the Silvius got fighter vanships like that. I think Anatoray-Disith hasn't officially made contact with the rest of the nations of Earth. I am thinking the Silvius was sent out to scout when they landed, found out the political situation, and have been primarily been watching to see how things turn out before drawing attention to themselves. Notice it looks like they are still transporting people from Prester.

In a earlier post I wondered the same thing, what happened to the rest of the pirates? I said I assumed that they weren't taken captive. I think Tatiana didn't plan on taking Fam and Gisey captive either, but since they made their way on board, now she won't let them go.
Old 2011-11-17, 19:13   Link #1018
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Vanshipping just spread through the net. Saw it already on a lot of blogs and forums.

@The kage

Yes, eventually they will go for Alvis.
Old 2011-11-17, 19:20   Link #1019
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

I wonder, is Vanshipping a new term or was originally created for the original series? Hell it might have been created for the original series, forgotten, and then recreated for Fam.
Old 2011-11-17, 19:27   Link #1020
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
I wonder, is Vanshipping a new term or was originally created for the original series? Hell it might have been created for the original series, forgotten, and then recreated for Fam.
It's new: Vanshipping didn't exist until yesterday.

BTW, how much time did they take on stealing one ship on the last episode? Hope that 15 ships won't eat more than 3 episodes.

Tags
adventure, science fiction