AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 25 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 18.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-10, 00:53   Link #161
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
And what do they do after they enter the den? They get seperated! Either super-tough adversaries show up and each tackle one girl who says, "don't worry, I handle this, you guys go on ahead." Or the villan activates a trap that scattters the girls. In the end, it's almost always only the main heroine vs the only main villan.
The point is the effort. RF6 isn't even trying to stick together. You'd also notice that when this crap happens, the magical girls who separate are in dire straits. Since the three of them are girls, I'd presume watching an entire childhood's worth of Magical Girl Shows will have helped reinforce this.

Quote:
In the end, it doesn't matter whether RF6 was dispersed or not. You'd still get the same number of individual duels. This is the time to show what they're each capable of, they're not going to cheapen it by steamrollering their opponents in seconds.
Sadly, you're right. However, I'm actually proceeding on the assumption they'd get Tactical. You know, Real Life and all that.

Besides, IIRC, I thought everyone liked that doujin comic where Nanoha steamrollered Tre and Quattro all by herself
Old 2007-09-10, 01:08   Link #162
Zelene2004

Quote:
Besides, IIRC, I thought everyone liked that doujin comic where Nanoha steamrollered Tre and Quattro all by herself
Which doujin comic is this?

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 2007-09-10, 01:31   Link #163
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
ALL 12 of his cyborgs are technically pregnant with the Doctor.

Yes. ALL 12.

even cinque?
Old 2007-09-10, 01:34   Link #164
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
To those asking about Cinque's present whereabouts:

She was out of the fight from the beginning. She was still in the base, stuffed in a tube, recovering from severe frame damage.

Recall that Subaru pelted her with Panzer Kunst Hertza Haeons (what Subaru's IS Vibration Shatter really is), that nearly killed her back in episode 17-18. She was guarding, but Subaru pelted her with at least two full force shots that broke Cinque's guard both times.

Even guarded, a full force Vibration Shatter will nearly kill a combat cyborg.
Well, you've clarified this for me...but I at least thought she would make some kind of reappearance in the future in some fashion.

Maybe what Gale said is true- maybe Cinque has recovered somewhat by now, but, to ensure the survival of his seed, Jail has sent her off the Cradle.

@Zelene: Said comic is way back on some page on the image thread. Nanoha, well...yeah. Owns Tre and Quattro in the flash of an eye.

And to anyone else, although I think this was said...who agrees with me that Quattro looks ten times more badass in her "new self"?
Old 2007-09-10, 01:40   Link #165
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
And to anyone else, although I think this was said...who agrees with me that Quattro looks ten times more badass in her "new self"?
I won't say 'Badass', but I do prefer it...

(I've also expected it )
Old 2007-09-10, 03:39   Link #166
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by azuma-blade View Post
even cinque?
Most likely, yes. The only ones with a 120% confirmation are Uno and Quattro, since they're the ones shown to touch themselves.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-10, 04:21   Link #167
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
The Insert Song and Beatdown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Vey1a5vLU

Other caps
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=322

The endgame here seems rather strange to me. Though I like how they got there. I still want the damn Einherjar out and about already, though at this point, I'm thinking that it's just going to be a world destroying cannon or something like the Arc en Ciel was for the past two seasons.
Final Battle class fighting delivered!

Some of the more notable ones were Jail's Zamber-catch (0_0 we wasn't even budging! @_@), Schach's wall-HAXX (So that's how she passed without breaking the window at the church.), and Regius' assassination (finally, a direct murder done to a human in the Nanoha series).

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-10, 04:50   Link #168
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Better caps inc.

Spoiler for 24 fate:
Holy crap, Fate looks incredible!

I have nothing to say now, except that Fate proves once again that she is hands down the best looking and sexiest character in the show. Looks like Seven Arcs really was saving the best for the last!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-09-10, 04:55   Link #169
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
Holy crap, Fate looks incredible!

I have nothing to say now, except that Fate proves once again that she is hands down the best looking and sexiest character in the show. Looks like Seven Arcs really was saving the best for the last!
If the animation and storyboarding was actually you know... good, then maybe.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-10, 05:27   Link #170
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
If the animation and storyboarding was actually you know... good, then maybe.
Well, as far as I can see, Fate's beatdown on Jail was animated at least decently. Besides, the animation will only improve in the DVD release, which I will be patiently and eagerly awaiting.

Fate's Sonic Form was what I was referring to as "the best for the last". It's practically a dream come true for me, adult Fate in an updated form of her old Barrier Jacket with an even bigger sword! Add that to Fate kicking ass like the good old days and I'm sold.

In fact, you can say I waited 24 episodes for this very moment.

Maybe I am easy to please, but all this just made the episode a solid 10 for me.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2007-09-10, 05:29   Link #171
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
The Insert Song and Beatdown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Vey1a5vLU

Other caps
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=322

The endgame here seems rather strange to me. Though I like how they got there. I still want the damn Einherjar out and about already, though at this point, I'm thinking that it's just going to be a world destroying cannon or something like the Arc en Ciel was for the past two seasons.
so the insert song was used in this scene...
um, how was it "shocking"?
probably it was just the fact that Fate turned into her Sonic Form...but I think it was a waste of an insert song to be used in this episode to be honest.
"Pray" sounded like the theme for this episode only, since it did focus on Team Lightning and the Forwards...haven't seen the whole episode yet, but it was good to see Fate's old barrier jacket again...and to be served as her new Sonic form. Although the white skirt would have been a much better choice for her sonic form, but it still looks good on her. Can't wait for figurine companies to try create this into a figurine.
And Riot Zamber is a pretty crazy form...two Zambers and all connected together by a yellow magical bind.
Old 2007-09-10, 05:41   Link #172
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
so the insert song was used in this scene...
um, how was it "shocking"?
probably it was just the fact that Fate turned into her Sonic Form...but I think it was a waste of an insert song to be used in this episode to be honest..
It's not really in any way 'shocking'... And yeah, it does feel like a waste, compared to the past 2 seasons...

Maybe they'll use it again next week?
Old 2007-09-10, 05:52   Link #173
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not really in any way 'shocking'... And yeah, it does feel like a waste, compared to the past 2 seasons...

hopefully they do use it again for Nanoha's battle with Vivio.
Although it was pretty funny watching Fate use Riot Zamber to do a "home run contest" using Scaglietti as the hitting target.
Old 2007-09-10, 06:03   Link #174
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
The Einherjar were demolished by the Numbers back just before Cradle took off. So much for the Ground Forces' trump card. They were really big, ground-based cannons. I guess that it was supposed to be a Verdun parallel. Except without the turning the guns around bit.
Old 2007-09-10, 06:29   Link #175
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

In what way was it a waste? The song was created for this scene and it did it's job beautifully.

I do agree that this song should be reused next week. Or maybe Nana-chan still has one more song up her sleeve for the final confrontation, one that no one knows about.
~~~~~

Old 2007-09-10, 06:31   Link #176
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

we have seen Nanoha and her Exceed form, Fate and her new sonic form, maybe in the next episode, we might get Hayate doing unison with Rein.
Seriously though, she's an ace and she's seriously getting shafted in this final battle.
Old 2007-09-10, 06:35   Link #177
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
In what way was it a waste? The song was created for this scene and it did it's job beautifully.
Compared to the ten man not-so-epic battle and the epic 2 girl tag-team? It just feels...

... Simple.

The situation is... Just too simple.
Old 2007-09-10, 06:36   Link #178
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Well, as far as I can see, Fate's beatdown on Jail was animated at least decently. Besides, the animation will only improve in the DVD release, which I will be patiently and eagerly awaiting.

Fate's Sonic Form was what I was referring to as "the best for the last". It's practically a dream come true for me, adult Fate in an updated form of her old Barrier Jacket with an even bigger sword! Add that to Fate kicking ass like the good old days and I'm sold.

In fact, you can say I waited 24 episodes for this very moment.

Maybe I am easy to please, but all this just made the episode a solid 10 for me.
Improvement on animation doesn't improve its storyboarding, which imo, was very lackluster. Even if I close my eyes and pretend it's beautifully animated, the storyboarding, pacing, execution and build-up in my opinion left a lot of umph to be desired.

I'm not really a Fate fanboy, so maybe I'm a little more technical about things like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
we have seen Nanoha and her Exceed form, Fate and her new sonic form, maybe in the next episode, we might get Hayate doing unison with Rein.
Seriously though, she's an ace and she's seriously getting shafted in this final battle.
Nanoha still has one last form, Blaster Mode, which is apparently so l33t it has multiple level releases.

At this rate, the only hope for Hayate to have a shot of glory is for her to use her most l33t of l33t nukes once Cradle's defenses are completely shut down... or something.

Unless Barrier of the Saint King is so powerful it needs both Hayate and Nanoha to combine their most powerful Breakers, but I don't see that happening until Nanoha had really given up on Vivio or something.

Old 2007-09-10, 06:53   Link #179
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:

I do agree that this song should be reused next week. Or maybe Nana-chan still has one more song up her sleeve for the final confrontation, one that no one knows about.
Fate "kicking ass"? Sure didn't feel that way to me this episode.
Sure, Riot Zanber looked all right... but that's it. Did she ever use both of those Zanbers separately? Any awesome dual wielding attacks, that she couldn't do with just one weapon? Nope. Did she cast even a single spell? Nope. She just kinda yells and charges, much like way too many of the fights in StS . What was the point in forming two weapons, if a) she attacks the exact same place with both, or b) just reforms then into yet another giant sword? At least in the first two seasons, we'd sometimes see some more interesting tactics, such as guided shot sneak attacks or ambushes, rather than just Power Up -> slam into wall/ground.

I better not get started on the lackluster Caro/Erio vs Lutecia fight ... (or the plot for most of the season either...)
Old 2007-09-10, 07:17   Link #180
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Fate "kicking ass"? Sure didn't feel that way to me this episode.
Sure, Riot Zanber looked all right... but that's it. Did she ever use both of those Zanbers separately? Any awesome dual wielding attacks, that she couldn't do with just one weapon? Nope. Did she cast even a single spell? Nope. She just kinda yells and charges, much like way too many of the fights in StS . What was the point in forming two weapons, if a) she attacks the exact same place with both, or b) just reforms then into yet another giant sword? At least in the first two seasons, we'd sometimes see some more interesting tactics, such as guided shot sneak attacks or ambushes, rather than just Power Up -> slam into wall/ground.

I better not get started on the lackluster Caro/Erio vs Lutecia fight ... (or the plot for most of the season either...)
Well, being a fan of melee combat, I actually prefer how Fate defeats the opposition this time round. No tricks or ambushes, just upfront brutality. After all, she is angry, and would probably prefer to take on the enemy in melee combat rather than wasting her energy on unsatisfying ranged kills.

Besides, Sonic Form is meant to allow Fate to get into physical combat quicker. Using its power to hang back and cast spells would be a waste of its speed.

And about the giant sword....you don't understand the beauty and appeal of a giant sword.

Well, I do agree with the Caro/Erio vs Lulu fight though. Pity about that. Also, no comments on the storyboarding and plots for the whole of StrikerS. As they say, the greater the hope and expectations, the higher and harder the fall will be.
~~~~~

Closed Thread