AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-08-10, 11:17   Link #4481
DKnight768
Mii~

Hi, I don't know if someone else had this problem before, but I googled, searched this thread and skimmed through the last posts and found nothing.
When using the EP6 English patch, my CPU usage goes through the roof, both cores at 100%. I am using Windows 7.
When I check taskmanager, the game, explorer.exe, itype and ipoint(microsoft keyboard and mouse stuff) are consuming all the CPU time.
The game doesn't even show on the taskbar; if I minimize it, it goes nowhere (but I can still alt tab).
When closing the game, the CPU usage still stays at 100%, and I can't kill any of those 4 tasks mentioned. I can't even shutdown after this, the system stays at "logging off" and I have to unplug the computer.

Playing EP6 in Japanese takes about 0~10% CPU and causes 0 problems, so it's definitely something in the patch. EP5 in English works flawlessly too (standalone EP5 with the old patch).

This is of course very annoying because the text crawls when there's effects like rain and the music stutters and stuff, and then after playing I have to unplug the computer and restart if I want to do something else...
DKnight768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 15:16   Link #4482
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Spoiler for general misspellings and typos:
I agree that this needs to be changed, but I'll change it to "for a long time" as I think it fits better in the context. "For many days" just doesn't sound like a long time and I think that's what it is supposed to convey. That a long time passed.

Quote:
Spoiler for space:
I agree here. I've also thought about it myself while reading. Fixed.

Quote:

Spoiler for Until:
I also agree here, but as I don't have any suggestions for changes, I am going to leave it as it is for now.

Quote:
Spoiler for Witch of absoluteness:
haha, fixed xD. I've also been bothered by this. Just didn't bother fixing it until now as we never actually planned on releasing it, but now it's fixed.
Quote:
EDIT:

Just one Tanabata typo. It was the only one I could find

Spoiler for Tanabata:

EDIT2:

two more Bern letter typos

should be 'definitely be able to'

see should be 'sees'
And these should be fixed as well.

Thank you very much for reading through and pointing out these errors.

I'll add updated download links to my earlier post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 21:41   Link #4483
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Ryukishi has updated his diary. (I think this is the right page for this XD)

Spoiler for Update 1:

Spoiler for Update 2:

Update 2 seems to just be him talking about how someone on Twitter is pretending to be him... according to google translate.

Translation anyone!?
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 01:12   Link #4484
Zero Sora

Well I think the first update (from what I heard someone else say) is about Ryukishi saying something along the lines of him "not being able to wait for people to play Episode 7" or him being unable to "wait to sell Episode 7" or something. Apprantly he's very excited about releasing Episode 7. It also talks about how he put a lot of effort in Episode 7 when it comes to revealing some of the core mysteries. He wanted to make sure he got everything to fit in properly. So Episode 7 is packed full of lots of things and he hopes people will enjoy it.

Then again, my source isn't totally reliable. So, don't believe what I said a until someone trust worthy actually translates it.

[Edit] Just ran it through google translations. And what I posted before seems to be the gist of what Ryukishi was saying. But still an actual translation would be nice.
Zero Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 04:47   Link #4485
Pika_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
Alright, I'll check it out. ^^

UPDATE:

Ok, a fixed version of the Extra Tip Patch here now. Install it like the last one. This contains fixed grammar in Bern's letter and slight fixes to the menu.
If anyone is interested, download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XVB4VTS or here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vakaualn8o3a0i1

UPDATE 2:
Fixed typos in Lambda's diary mentioned below. Updated the download links to the new fixed version.

Only compatible with Episode 4, Alliance of the Golden Witch.
How difficult would it be to try to repack this to work with the mac version? Is there an easy way to do it?
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 06:13   Link #4486
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Sora View Post
Well I think the first update (from what I heard someone else say) is about Ryukishi saying something along the lines of him "not being able to wait for people to play Episode 7" or him being unable to "wait to sell Episode 7" or something. Apprantly he's very excited about releasing Episode 7. It also talks about how he put a lot of effort in Episode 7 when it comes to revealing some of the core mysteries. He wanted to make sure he got everything to fit in properly. So Episode 7 is packed full of lots of things and he hopes people will enjoy it.
What that tells me is I need to stay off the internet until 7 gets translated.
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 08:34   Link #4487
~Ayane~

im gonna stay on the internet the whole comiket, until i get to spoil myself to death with delicious spoilers >:3

but i hope he will leave some mysteries just so the flame wars can continiue, my life would be soooo empty without them : (
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 09:10   Link #4488
Zero Sora

Of course some mysteries will be left for Episode 8. Assuming there is an episode 8. I'm guessing the epitaph is one of them, and Battler's sin form six years ago will be another. Battler's sin is a pretty big one because it's the reason all of Umineko happened.

I'm currently writing a a story based on Umineko. Like, it is its own story, but it borrows the concepts of Umineko. The red and blue truth. The setting of an island. Murders. A witch (sort of). A repeating game between the two main characters. So it's pretty much a fan fiction, but also it's own story. So... plagerisim. Yeah, plagerism. Or a hommage. Depends on how you want to look at it. But I prefer calling it a hommage to Umineko.

It's just that Umineko is such an interesting concept, so I had to write something like it.
Old 2010-08-12, 12:09   Link #4489
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika_power View Post
How difficult would it be to try to repack this to work with the mac version? Is there an easy way to do it?
I don't really know how the mac version works because I don't have a mac so I can't answer. It is probably possible though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 16:25   Link #4490
killuapo

Actually, it's pretty complicated because the Mac English Installer of Episode 4 seems to recompile all the arc.nsa and stuff files into the core of the .app, so files don't sit in the same place as they should with the Windows Installer.

However, you can try to install the Mac 4.3 patch with the installer-free version (copy all of the files from the disc in a Umineko4 folder, copy files of the fullsrc folder into the Umineko4 folder, put the "Installer-free" patch in there, get a Mac build of POnscripter and put it in the English Patch's folder) and try to put the Extra-tip patch into there. I can't try right now, but try please and tell me how it works.
killuapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 02:48   Link #4491
oatmeal

Problem fixed: see my post here http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=4518
---
I'm having trouble saving and loading with the Mac version of the EP6 patch. At first, I noticed that if I saved and exited, when I restarted, none of my save files would appear, nor would EP6 remain unlocked.

So I checked the files in /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Umineko6/ and many seemed to have corrupt filenames:

%B0ݴ%A0envdata
%B0ݴ%A0gloval.sav
%B0ݴ%A0save1.dat
%B0ݴ%A0save2.dat
%B0ݴ%A0screenshot/
etc.

as well as copies of these files and folders without %B0ݴ%A0 in front.

Furthermore, the Console has messages like this when I try to save:

8/13/10 3:34:36 PM [0x0-0x2f62f6].com.witch-hunt.umineko6[7444] can't open save file sav/save1.dat for writing (not an error)
8/13/10 3:34:36 PM [0x0-0x2f62f6].com.witch-hunt.umineko6[7444] searchsavefile: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Umineko6/�ݴ�save1.dat

And when I quit:

8/13/10 3:45:21 PM [0x0-0x2fa2fa].com.witch-hunt.umineko6[7459] can't open gloval.sav for writing
8/13/10 3:45:21 PM [0x0-0x2fa2fa].com.witch-hunt.umineko6[7459] Quitting...
8/13/10 3:45:21 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[87] ([0x0-0x2fa2fa].com.witch-hunt.umineko6[7459]) Exited with exit code: 255

Last edited by oatmeal; 2010-08-18 at 00:42.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 23:42   Link #4492
Zero Sora

Well, my copy of episode 7 came today. I wasn't expecting it so soon, but I'm not complaining. Now all I have to do is wait for Witch Hunt to make Ep 7 compatible with Ep 5 and Ep 6 translations.

I might also browse through the game while I'm waiting. Maybe I can determine if there is going to be an Episode 8 from the ending.
Old 2010-08-15, 02:50   Link #4493
LaplaceNoMa

Quote:
Well, my copy of episode 7 came today. I wasn't expecting it so soon, but I'm not complaining. Now all I have to do is wait for Witch Hunt to make Ep 7 compatible with Ep 5 and Ep 6 translations.

I might also browse through the game while I'm waiting. Maybe I can determine if there is going to be an Episode 8 from the ending.
Oh no you don't. I hope you realize that making a partial translation for ep7 is quadrillion times more important than making ep5 and ep6 translations compatible with ep7. These things can wait, believe me.
LaplaceNoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 05:21   Link #4494
Thunder Book
Endless Member

So why isn't the Episode 7 patch out yet? You've had what, a whole 12 hours to translate it? It should be out now. /joke
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 06:54   Link #4495
Zero Sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
Oh no you don't. I hope you realize that making a partial translation for ep7 is quadrillion times more important than making ep5 and ep6 translations compatible with ep7. These things can wait, believe me.
I'm pretty sure making EP7 compatible with previous Episode translations isn't that time comsuming.
Old 2010-08-15, 09:44   Link #4496
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Quote:
I'm pretty sure making EP7 compatible with previous Episode translations isn't that time comsuming.
Assuming that Episode 7's coding is not different from the previous versions
catastrophe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 11:59   Link #4497
LaplaceNoMa

Yeah, that's the case.

By the way, links are down. 500 internal server error.
Old 2010-08-15, 12:00   Link #4498
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

That's why we have multiple mirrors on the files, I suppose. Thanks for the heads-up, though
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 12:25   Link #4499
LaplaceNoMa

Well, Episode 4 link doesn't have mirrors
I've just reinstalled windows and realized that I didn't save the patch. >.<

Will have to wait now.
Old 2010-08-15, 15:53   Link #4500
Besumi-chan

Talking Kyuu ><

Where would it be possible to buy the games from? Ive watched the anime four times through, read all the mange twice, bought all the releases of the dvd and higurashi and made four folders of printouts and info and pictures -cals down-

lol ive searched ebay and was wondering what reputable sites sold it? im gonna have about £30- spare each day for a few weeks so ive decided this is what im getting xx
Besumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation