AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-25, 16:27   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Madarame appearing right at the end, only having a few lines and he's still the best part of the chapter.
Old 2010-10-26, 09:06   Link #22
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Hato looks soo weird without the wig, cotton swab head.
Spoiler for chapter:

Enjoyable first chapter.
Old 2010-10-26, 09:30   Link #23
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
In the fujoshi imagination, I'd say Kuchi is gay for a certain crossdresser.
Old 2010-10-27, 01:03   Link #24
paladinenvec

Lol poor Madarame his house now its a changing room lols...
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 09:21   Link #25
Shadow5YA

Is it wrong that I was only focused on Sue?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 14:28   Link #26
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Not feeling the new crew at all, just going off of looks, they don't have the personality of the old crew, the old crew actually looked like your stereotypical otaku's, but the new crew all look so young, and normal. But it's of course just the first chapter, I'll give it some time....
Old 2010-10-27, 15:13   Link #27
Lime soda

There's way more girls then boys in the new cast now too. There also doesn't seem to be a member to replace Sasahara as the character that is easy to relate to. But including a character like that might end up as too much of a clone of him so I can see the risks. But I just hope the club discussions and the activities won't revolve around BL stuff.

I think back then, I didn't really like most of the cast at first so I'm not gonna complain too much just cause things are different. I'm putting some hope on the serious girl who seems to have Madarame's taste in clothing (The button shirt).
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 19:10   Link #28
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Hato is moe and Madarame's reaction at the end was the highlight of this chapter xD

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 20:26   Link #29
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Madarame appearing right at the end, only having a few lines and he's still the best part of the chapter.
Duh, he was the best part of every chapter he appeared in in the original as well.

Too bad I don't see him having much of a role in this.

About the chapter itself, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. A meh reboot. I hope a relatively normal guy joins the group soon, cause crazy Kuchi and trap Hato aren't gonna cut it to make up for the overload of yaoi talk and stuff there's gonna be.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 05:20   Link #30
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Duh, he was the best part of every chapter he appeared in in the original as well.

Too bad I don't see him having much of a role in this.
I think he'll actually play a pretty big supporting role... I don't think he was on the opening color page for nothing.

And as for a Sasahara replacement, I don't think we need one since he'll be popping-in every now and again... I mean he is still with Oguie.

As for the best part of the chapter, I just loved the the full-color two page spread with Sue pointing out Oguie's historic flight.
Spoiler for The "TOHH" sound effect makes the pic.:

Oh and I also find it hilarious that people hate Kuchi so much when he's pretty much the male-version of Sue... Haha, funny how you just make a character female and it's "awesome" rather than "creepy."

Last edited by ac195; 2010-10-29 at 05:36.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 07:36   Link #31
uis

Oh well Sue is still damn funny...

Ogiue still the cutest <3...

Hato is damn cute trap...

II glad i can read genshiken after 4 YEARS!!!!

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 00:01   Link #32
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
And as for a Sasahara replacement, I don't think we need one since he'll be popping-in every now and again... I mean he is still with Oguie.
Uh, it's not Sasahara himself who's missing, it's the role he played in the first series. He was the guy normal people could relate to and get immersed in the story because of. Now the entire club is a bunch of freaks and him popping up to say hi every now and then wouldn't change that.

I don't get who's supposed to be the main character this time around, but if it's gonna be Ogiue then I fear for this series. I don't dislike her or anything, but she's not really a good fit for the leading role IMO.
Old 2010-10-30, 03:48   Link #33
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Uh, it's not Sasahara himself who's missing, it's the role he played in the first series. He was the guy normal people could relate to and get immersed in the story because of. Now the entire club is a bunch of freaks and him popping up to say hi every now and then wouldn't change that.

I don't get who's supposed to be the main character this time around, but if it's gonna be Ogiue then I fear for this series. I don't dislike her or anything, but she's not really a good fit for the leading role IMO.
Sasahara wasn't exactly a huge stand out as a "main character"... the author even pointed that out...

And I don't really think too many people related only to Sasahara... Genshiken has always been about a circle of otaku friends each with their own unique quirks. The only real stand out was Madarame and everyone knows it... hell, the author even tailored the changing room plot so Madarame has an excuse to make his way back into the clubroom.

And to be honest, I wouldn't mind if this went a little more into fujoshi/fudanshi... it's pretty much the next frontier for Genshiken imo... I don't really feel like just reading a rehash of stuff they've already covered in the series.

Oh and if you're "normal" or even consider yourself "normal" take another hard look in the mirror and ask yourself, "WTF am I doing reading this series." You're pretty much missing out on most of the humor if all the references go over your head.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 09:02   Link #34
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Oh and I also find it hilarious that people hate Kuchi so much when he's pretty much the male-version of Sue... Haha, funny how you just make a character female and it's "awesome" rather than "creepy."
Ehhhhh, I don't quite see it like that. Sue is also socially awkward for sure but she doesn't seem to go out of her way and be malicious to others using that as an excuse. Kuchi is literally running around trying to grope, or worse, the new guy, I can't remember Sue trying to sexually harass any of the guys in the group.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 09:19   Link #35
Vicious108

Quote:
Sasahara wasn't exactly a huge stand out as a "main character"...
...Yeah, which just adds to my point.

But never mind, you don't get it so whatever you say broski.
Old 2010-10-30, 09:40   Link #36
blewin

uh... I can't quite get into this new series of Genshiken. Don't really feel attached to the characters so far.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:15   Link #37
Vicious108

...It's only been one chapter. Two, if you count the oneshot. I bet you weren't that "into" the first series by that point either.
Old 2010-12-08, 22:21   Link #38
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 58:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Good thing Madarame's still around. Gives me some hope that Shimoku might eventually bring the focus back on him.
Aaaaaand next chapter blurb is about him getting into some 'trouble'. I swear, if Saki doesn't make a cameo...
Old 2010-12-09, 00:44   Link #39
Vicious108

The female to male ratio is really excessive now... Madarame better become a regular again.
Old 2011-01-08, 19:08   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 03:

Tags
seinen