AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 10:06   Link #1741
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

No one mention this? Not really a news and it's little bit old but there's FMP reference on Kore Wa Zombie Desu ka? season 2 episode 4

So at least something from FMP finally made into anime again
Old 2012-04-30, 12:24   Link #1742
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post

Hope for a fourth season of FMP raise by 20%...please... Let it be a sign!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:20   Link #1743
GardenAll
Haruhi-ist

For those one that was saying FMP was dead... a great surprise... but also strange... total and direct references to FMP, even that it's a Kyoto Animation anime... maybe Studio DEEN will take it?

I love KyAnimation, but DEEN animes are not bad...

Twitter to @gatosyoji sent, who knows he can say something...
GardenAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:25   Link #1744
GardenAll
Haruhi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post

Look at the X scars and hair lol
GardenAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 06:43   Link #1745
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenAll View Post
I love KyAnimation, but DEEN animes are not bad...
As long as its FMP, no matter what animation company, I will not missed it for the world, I'll watch it!!!
Old 2012-08-17, 00:30   Link #1746
LaniGuy
In the Penalty Box

Full Metal Panic is my favorite anime. Has anyone heard anything about a possible new season? I found this little bit which does not seemed to be brought up by anyone as of yet.

This was mentioned about a year ago:

Gatoh Shoji mentioned the current situation of the fourth season of Full Metal Panic. He said "Due to the circumstances of the business, I cannot freely talk about the fourth season. The project is not dead but don't have high expectations. Please wait for the realization patiently. As long as I keep silent about the fourth season, you can take it that the project is still running. When the new season is officially canceled, I'll announce it."

It doesnt sound good since he is saying canceled! But I still have hope......

Because he was later quoted for saying:
Finally he said (roughly), "Besides that, I also have plans for this and that in 2013 and beyond that I can't say anything about yet," noting specifically, "By the way, plans I can't talk about include a few things that have a 'long-awaited' feeling. It's all way down the road, though."

This could be some great news, especially because this was January 2012. A much more recent interview.

Last edited by LaniGuy; 2012-08-17 at 00:50.
LaniGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 00:59   Link #1747
Skane
Anime Snark

We did discuss those interviews a couple of pages back, or maybe it was a couple dozen. I dunno, kinda lost track of time for this thread. Every time this thread gets bumped, it's like scratching a new cut on one's wrist.

Waiting.
Old 2012-08-17, 03:48   Link #1748
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Lack of pleasing news saddens me. I'm hoping we are just hit out of left field with a new series.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 06:13   Link #1749
Dextro
He Without a Title

Regarthing that "long awaited" stuff I think it might have something to do with the upcoming announcement: Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype Ace magazine announces "FTA project"

One can hope right?
Old 2012-08-17, 06:16   Link #1750
NoemiChan
Banned

All we need are Sousuke and Kaname and Mitril be back!!!!!!
Old 2012-08-17, 11:29   Link #1751
LaniGuy
In the Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
We did discuss those interviews a couple of pages back, or maybe it was a couple dozen. I dunno, kinda lost track of time for this thread. Every time this thread gets bumped, it's like scratching a new cut on one's wrist.

Waiting.
Sorry about that, this is a long thread I probably missed it.

In regards to Dextro, that does look promising... but I feel most of us are just building that up to mean an Anime will be released for it lol I know whenever I hear news I start flipping out. This series needs to be finished though, it was completely underrated. The show was good, almost as good as the novels which is hard to do... Plus I hate Mr. Silver, Sousuke needs to kill him for that kiss.
Old 2012-08-18, 10:50   Link #1752
LaniGuy
In the Penalty Box

This was discussed in another thread but I feel it also needs to be spoken of here as well.

Honestly, I could say if it hits 2015/2016 then we should call it quites. As you said, kyoani have been busy working on key-projects, who's to say they don't have another project lined up. Honestly they might be looking at it as "well the fans waited long enough whats another year or two". Also they could be going to a new studio for production, this has also been discussed. An example I always use is Starcraft, sure its a computer game, but blizzard made us wait 11 years before SCII came out.

I really just don't see them stopping this anime. It had pretty good reviews and if you look it up on sites, it has 8+ rating of 10. I'm just hoping these studios just got side-tracked with many projects, some of which have been terrible. We also need to keep in mind he finished the last light novel for the drama 2011. They may have been waiting for this to make lets say a 26-36 episode FINAL SEASON. Shoji wants this anime is happen and I feel animation companies want it too but it is all on timing.
Old 2012-08-18, 11:13   Link #1753
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniGuy View Post
I really just don't see them stopping this anime. It had pretty good reviews and if you look it up on sites, it has 8+ rating of 10. I'm just hoping these studios just got side-tracked with many projects, some of which have been terrible. We also need to keep in mind he finished the last light novel for the drama 2011. They may have been waiting for this to make lets say a 26-36 episode FINAL SEASON. Shoji wants this anime is happen and I feel animation companies want it too but it is all on timing.
While I haven't read anything past the 4th novel myself I have seen people mention that from that point on it's a bit hard to find good break points for a potential tv adaptation. Maybe they have been waiting for the story to end to give it a proper send off. One can dream right?
Old 2012-08-18, 11:23   Link #1754
LaniGuy
In the Penalty Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Maybe they have been waiting for the story to end to give it a proper send off. One can dream right?
That's exactly what I think
Old 2012-08-18, 11:30   Link #1755
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniGuy View Post
Ratings =/= Sales, and those were unfortunately rather poor for FMP anime...

Not that I don't have hope, because I do, and I always will, just... Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
While I haven't read anything past the 4th novel myself I have seen people mention that from that point on it's a bit hard to find good break points for a potential tv adaptation. Maybe they have been waiting for the story to end to give it a proper send off. One can dream right?
The story has been over for 2 years, lol. FMP Another takes place 11 years later and doesn't have much to do with the original story. It barely even shares characters. XD

The manga, on the other hand, is still on going, and I don't think our chances for a new anime go down very far until a year after that ends, and it won't end until about this time next year. So... I think for the next 2 years we've still got a decent chance.
Old 2013-06-28, 05:41   Link #1756
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ncement-teased

Keep your hopes high! After all those years I still believe that when late july comes with new Dragon Magazine we will have FMP season 4 - CONFIRMED!
I'm so excited, I will not give up believing in next season and count days till late july waiting for that awesome announcement.
Old 2013-06-28, 06:13   Link #1757
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori<3 View Post
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ncement-teased

Keep your hopes high! After all those years I still believe that when late july comes with new Dragon Magazine we will have FMP season 4 - CONFIRMED!
I'm so excited, I will not give up believing in next season and count days till late july waiting for that awesome announcement.
*sigh* Please, don't get my hopes up
Old 2013-07-06, 22:41   Link #1758
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
All one can do is keep on hoping.

Do find myself coming back every time I'm re-watching the original and TSR. One day it will return...
Old 2014-01-08, 02:35   Link #1759
jzmagic
flargansbog

I've given up hope, this sucks.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 13:43   Link #1760
SkoolRumble4Ya

Wait you gotta keep believing it's gonna be animated. Ah fuck it, I've already given up, just move on to other anime.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!