AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-04-20, 17:07   Link #401
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
You are right on VS being special for AMF. VS and VSBR name might be similar but they work differently, VSBR more like controlling the output of the beam power from what i can remember.

Erio tactic to destroy the bridge and make em collapse on the drone look way less tiring and complicated than VS ^^

Except sometimes people don't like having their public property sliced up ... Sure you could argure that it's for the greater good, but they're not the ones who's going to be cleaning up the mess...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 19:13   Link #402
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Except sometimes people don't like having their public property sliced up ... Sure you could argure that it's for the greater good, but they're not the ones who's going to be cleaning up the mess...
Why do you think they gave Mobile 6 a holographic training platform? The procurement division probably remembered what happened the first time Nanoha, Fate and Hayate did combat training together (see the last A's manga), and then realized the three would be training together EVERY DAY from now on.
Loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 20:31   Link #403
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
Why do you think they gave Mobile 6 a holographic training platform? The procurement division probably remembered what happened the first time Nanoha, Fate and Hayate did combat training together (see the last A's manga), and then realized the three would be training together EVERY DAY from now on.
I should think the ridiculously expensive holographic platform could be see as a very vaild investment for the TSAB, after adding up the cost needed to mend the dmg after each training session Nanoha is in

VB shot got through the AMF because there has an barrier layer which prevents the actual shot gets dispersed ... Besides since AMF only makes magic unforcused I'm under then impression that overkill spells like annihilation lighting will pierce AMF's.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 21:15   Link #404
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
I should think the ridiculously expensive holographic platform could be see as a very vaild investment for the TSAB, after adding up the cost needed to mend the dmg after each training session Nanoha is in
I think the best part of it is that it's an open field rather then an enclosed area

Quote:
VB shot got through the AMF because there has an barrier layer which prevents the actual shot gets dispersed ... Besides since AMF only makes magic unforcused I'm under then impression that overkill spells like annihilation lighting will pierce AMF's.
Unless it's a ridiculously nerfed version of the drones, it's unusual how Teana's projectile took sometime to penetrate the first drone's AMF while it just blasts through the second like nothing...

Of course, there was the suggestion that the second drone was caught 'by surprise', if that's the case then another way to counter drones is just to have high speed attacks, magic or not, and destroy it before it activates it's AMF...

Then again, they call it "TYPE-1", so there's a possiblity that there are other types of drones with different types of AMF that functions differently...

Off-topic: I get the feeling that recently a number of fans are losing their faith with this season, even though it's only the 3rd episode...
Old 2007-04-20, 23:09   Link #405
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Unless it's a ridiculously nerfed version of the drones, it's unusual how Teana's projectile took sometime to penetrate the first drone's AMF while it just blasts through the second like nothing...

Of course, there was the suggestion that the second drone was caught 'by surprise', if that's the case then another way to counter drones is just to have high speed attacks, magic or not, and destroy it before it activates it's AMF...

Then again, they call it "TYPE-1", so there's a possiblity that there are other types of drones with different types of AMF that functions differently...

Off-topic: I get the feeling that recently a number of fans are losing their faith with this season, even though it's only the 3rd episode...
It does seem to be so, for the drones seem to be "refreshing" the AMF as they went along, and focused on dodging than tanking.

Yes it IS rather poisonous, the paranoia around here...
Old 2007-04-21, 00:22   Link #406
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Seeing all this AMF discussion inclines me to repost this from the episode 3 discussion, about AMF and it's apparent contradictory effects:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
After seeing the field in action, and then remembering A's to StrikerS, I think the AMF is a combination of a Passive Barrier and an Active Field.

-On AMF as an expanded field: Subaru was able to use Wing Road in pursuing the drones, but then Shario increased the power on the AMF, neutralizing Subaru's magic from a distance. This means that long range nullification has to be activated for it to work.

-On AMF as a shield: Teana's Variable Shot supposedly works by having multiple seperate layers of magic, and letting the outer magic layers ablate once they reach the barrier, allowing the surviving magic shots to penetrate. But this method would only work IF AMF was a shield that had a definite spherical circumference, and not an active field. VS was successful only because that active field was turned off, otherwise the shot would degrade layer by layer as it passed through the AMF until it reached the drones, where it would become harmless. Also, there seems to be no magic nullification inside the shield, otherwise Variable Shot would've been rendered completely useless by the first drone, but since it still had enough power to destroy the second drone, I'm assuming that the nullifying effect only extended outside the AMF shield (reminds me of Gundam's I-Field).
We have to keep in mind though that the drones in episode 3 may have been nerfed due to their nature as training programs, and their performance may differ from the actual combat drones.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 00:55   Link #407
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

Or as I've mentioned, there many be different AMF systems and that the Drones may not always use the same...
Old 2007-04-21, 01:10   Link #408
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

^ Me likes that theory as well... we may yet see more variations on Anti-Magic technology.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 17:23   Link #409
Meophist

Wikipedia's entry on Nanoha StrikerS states that Caro is not proficient in attack magics. Does anybody know where this is stated?
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 18:20   Link #410
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Wikipedia's entry on Nanoha StrikerS states that Caro is not proficient in attack magics. Does anybody know where this is stated?

Well, ignoring the fact that it's only one episode, she didn't use any 'damaging' spells...

... Kinda like Yuuno.
Old 2007-04-21, 18:21   Link #411
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
http://www.nanoha.com/character/caro.html
Last line in the white section. More like below standard, not "not proficient"
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 18:26   Link #412
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
http://www.nanoha.com/character/caro.html
Last line in the white section. More like below standard, not "not proficient"
Thanks(that's way too much kanji for me to read).
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 15:54   Link #413
johnjefferson3

as you know everyone thought eilo was going to die, while he pretty much was , but thankfully the people at headquaters(Chrono, probley saied i the only one who can save that little boy) heard of her (Nanoha)evil plan and ordered nanoha, fate and hayate power level down to AA for training so that they do not accendently destroy the planet since the TSAB paied so much money for that holographic projection platform where thay do all that training to begin with, so nanoha gets pissed and then decieds to take all 4 noobs at once, either none of then get hit for a full 5 minutes or anyone of them hits nanoha, and with the help of sweet carol, elio get to hits nanoha, which secretly pissed her more, but they passed this test, so all 3 girls get a super shower time together, but since elio is a boy but get a personal bath from fate again, so then nanoha creates new plan so for epsiode 5 she decides to kill 2 birds with one stone, since they need to learn how to fly, she just grab all 4 of them but them on a plane and then sholve them out the plane and then hopefually fall to there immentient death, so elio and now carol might die afterall, since nanoha wants fate all to herself, i just hope chrono can safe his sister's (fate)adopate kids again, but each epsiode get even more pumpeed up, were going on overdrive now!!!!!!!
johnjefferson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 16:21   Link #414
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
-On AMF as a shield: Teana's Variable Shot supposedly works by having multiple seperate layers of magic, and letting the outer magic layers ablate once they reach the barrier, allowing the surviving magic shots to penetrate.
Subs established that it's a barrier used to maintain magic inside the AMF, not an ablative shell, right?
Old 2007-04-22, 16:30   Link #415
Outlaender

In the strikers manga, when Nanoha does the info-dump on AMF for Rein II, she mentions that an AMF can be overpowered with a powerful enough magical attack,
but since AMF is apparently a rare thing to encounter, most mages would be initially at a loss to deal with the situation, and be defeated. It's not _impossible_ to use magic even inside the AMF, just _quite_ difficult to focus and control it. A recent translation of ep 3 reveals that the drones are in fact, quite low level in capability, in order to let the rookies get a feel for how to handle them. That was just the first session- they were training all day, and into the night. AMF's are a field, not a wall, so if you ascribe a kind of magical "inertia" and "momentum" to a combat spell shot, in the time the AMF disrupts the outer barrier, the inner strike gets through to the drone. The fact that the Variable (Fireball) Shot hesitated before striking through, can be attributed to a barrier placed outside of the AMF effect, as the drone AI recognizes the danger.

My opinion, and interpretation, of course. Your Mileage May Vary.

Oh, I don't know if this has gotten around- Hayate's ice attack has been translated as "Atem des Eises" (breath of ice) by a german group, not "Boden Eis" (ground frost/ice), and I would agree with the interpretation.

Alle Angaben ohne Gewär. ^_^
Outlaender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 16:40   Link #416
Kikaifan
Blazing General

In the manga the (translated) line is that it requires a lot of skill, not power, which fits with Tiana's subtle method and the statements about the difficulty of focusing magic.

And, well, I want it to be that way. I mean, if it can be beaten just by throwing a lot of power at it, how is it different from a strong barrier defense? Adds nothing if it's like that.
Old 2007-04-22, 17:59   Link #417
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Just got this feeling a while ago---but all of a sudden I feel sorry for the bosses in StrikerS. Apart from the 4 new characters and a dragon, they also have to deal with Nanoha, Fate and Hayate + knights. And even if they managed to get out safely, they still have to deal with a whole battalion. And if they really are that powerful, there's still quite a number of Arc-en-Ciel mounted motherships waiting for them...
Comon---there has to be a limit in unfairness!
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 18:04   Link #418
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Just got this feeling a while ago---but all of a sudden I feel sorry for the bosses in StrikerS. Apart from the 4 new characters and a dragon, they also have to deal with Nanoha, Fate and Hayate + knights. And even if they managed to get out safely, they still have to deal with a whole battalion. And if they really are that powerful, there's still quite a number of Arc-en-Ciel mounted motherships waiting for them...
Comon---there has to be a limit in unfairness!
Well, unless the villians have a Black Hole generator, or a Super Nova bomb collecting dust in their basement...
Old 2007-04-22, 18:10   Link #419
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
haha i got that feeling ages ago but figured that if they had the guts to pick on the ACEs then they should have been prepared to get raped (cant wait to see the chibi dragon biting on their ankles )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 22:17   Link #420
Skane
Anime Snark

Isn't that why they're using Drones in the first place? Why risk life and limb when you can just manufacture robotic minions to do the dirty work for you?

Cheers.