AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-08, 23:43   Link #161
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
huhu Well, I was rewatching the episode and Fatina seemed really jealous when she asked him if the little girl was his daughter
Yup Fatina showed several times acts of jealousy, even Jil did a little. They just seem to enjoy each other and just fit so well. Jil and Kayaa was a brief moment in time crush while Jil and Fatina have now been with each other and supporting each other for who knows how many years now. So lets think about this rationally and the significance of both relationship. Which one "SHOULD" hold greater weight and importance?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 23:46   Link #162
jamesv1911

Although JilxFatina is growing on me(especially after this episode), the scene with Jil and Kaaya sitting on the bench in the first opening wins me over every time.
jamesv1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 23:46   Link #163
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I don't think she's clinging to him out of depression, but I'm sure you weren't saying that saying. Jil and Fatina really seem to get along and glow together. They're not together just to be depressed together, the really get along and now they can see each other for who the other is, something they completely missed in season 1. AHHHHHHH..... I really can't wait any longer for the other episodes, it just started and it's already killing me!
It seems to me that part of the reason why they're together is because they can relate with each other's pain. It's like they're bound together by misery, but it's also true that they've become closer after all this time. However, we're not really sure where their current situation will take them, especially with the prospect of facing Neeba and Kaaya in the tower all over again.

Like someone already said, it'll take some soul-searching for something to come out of this. While I adore the idea of Fatina and Jil getting together, I doubt the anime will push for it. If the OP is anything to go by, I'm not even going to bother holding my breath.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 23:46   Link #164
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Jil and Kayaa was a brief moment in time crush while Jil and Fatina have now been with each other and supporting each other for who knows how many years now.
Just one half of a year.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 23:48   Link #165
Voitan

Quote:
Yup Fatina showed several times acts of jealousy, even Jil did a little. They just seem to enjoy each other and just fit so well. Jil and Kayaa was a brief moment in time crush while Jil and Fatina have now been with each other and supporting each other for who knows how many years now. So lets think about this rationally and the significance of both relationship. Which one "SHOULD" hold greater weight and importance?
A little over 6 months actually.

But still, when the first season started, Jil and Fatina hardly knew their respective crushes and despite an awkward first impression of each other, they got to know a bit more of each other when they were alone before reuniting with Jil's party.

In the Beginning:

Jil never knew Kaaya would be so secretive and ambitious to the point of sacrificing friends.

Fatina never knew Neeba was such an asshole traitorous jerk.
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 23:48   Link #166
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Damn, I didn't expect the first ep to be that good, I was thoroughly entertained. I feel that Fatina is a far more enjoyable character than Kaaya was, and brings more energy to the show. Plus that love-love moment during the wrestling match was too cute! I hope that they continue to rely on each other for support and drag themselves out of the past. Fortunately, Fatina seems like the type to give strong emotional support to Jil, so that will hopefully get them closer and spark a little drama.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 23:58   Link #167
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
It's not as if it has no basis. Did you watch the first episode of this new season?

Well, and even if it doesn't happen, some of us have the right to prefer another pairing
true.. but besides episode 1 there hasn't been anything to point that fatina has actual feelings for jil or that jil is over kaaya and will return fatina's feelings.
meh, since season 1 ended after jil reclimbed the tower and couldn't continue on going foward all he has been doing is mopping around, l fail to see how fatina and him could had bonded romantic feelings for each other.
lt's more likely that fatina will end up alone wether neeba lives or not, neeba never did love her it seems so it matters not if she forgives him, he wouldn't care. l will agree with what a previous poster said about fatina being a tragic love heroine, since neither of the brothers love her...oh well there's always utu
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 00:00   Link #168
ThoHell

Hmm, this has turned into a romance thread completely.

How about this: Kai (I thin that's her name) was cute AND STILL IN HER TEENS, especially when she was in her mini version. Watch Jil end up with Kai and we all go WTF? That would be kind of interesting and unexpected..... Oh and that Fatina kick scene...whew pretty nice spotlight on her the way the did that part.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 00:04   Link #169
Marsala
Delurker

Jil had a crush on Fatina through all of Aegis, and she slowly came to appreciate him more to the point of being jealous of Kaaya right before the final battle. Also, though Kaaya genuinely fell for Jil, he never saw her in a romantic context until she kissed him. After that, he didn't have a chance to sort out his feelings for her before she went off with Neeba and left him with Fatina.

So right now Jil is plain confused and doesn't know who he likes, though he certainly isn't averse to Fatina. On the other hand, all of the OPs and EDs of Druaga are strongly Jil/Kaaya. I expect Kaaya to end up with Jil since she is still the "main girl" and center of the story, but Fatina certainly is a plausible alternative if the writers intend to throw a curveball.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 00:06   Link #170
Zekori

Wonder how much will come true from the parody episode of the first season.

Edit: In the second season that is (Black/Dark/Great knight anyone? ;p)
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 00:10   Link #171
Voitan

Here's a second chance for Fatina Hentacle scene.
Old 2009-01-09, 00:14   Link #172
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Jil had a crush on Fatina through all of Aegis, and she slowly came to appreciate him more to the point of being jealous of Kaaya right before the final battle. Also, though Kaaya genuinely fell for Jil, he never saw her in a romantic context until she kissed him. After that, he didn't have a chance to sort out his feelings for her before she went off with Neeba and left him with Fatina.

So right now Jil is plain confused and doesn't know who he likes, though he certainly isn't averse to Fatina. On the other hand, all of the OPs and EDs of Druaga are strongly Jil/Kaaya. I expect Kaaya to end up with Jil since she is still the "main girl" and center of the story, but Fatina certainly is a plausible alternative if the writers intend to throw a curveball.
wait what? besides the first episode of season 1, where did he show he had a crush on her?
jil did fall for kaaya before the kiss scene just didn't know how to go about it, that's why he tried many times to impress her.
Old 2009-01-09, 00:17   Link #173
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
meh, since season 1 ended after jil reclimbed the tower and couldn't continue on going foward all he has been doing is mopping around, l fail to see how fatina and him could had bonded romantic feelings for each other.

lt's more likely that fatina will end up alone wether neeba lives or not, neeba never did love her it seems so it matters not if she forgives him, he wouldn't care. l will agree with what a previous poster said about fatina being a tragic love heroine, since neither of the brothers love her...oh well there's always utu

That's laying it a bit thick though, Fatina stayed true and loyal at the end of Season 1 and lived with Jil for far longer than he did with Kaaya.

To say nothing ever developed isn't true.
Old 2009-01-09, 00:48   Link #174
FateAnomaly

Quote:
wait what? besides the first episode of season 1, where did he show he had a crush on her?
jil did fall for kaaya before the kiss scene just didn't know how to go about it, that's why he tried many times to impress her.
And how is it that the first episode of season 1 isn't good enough evidence for you?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 00:53   Link #175
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post

That's laying it a bit thick though, Fatina stayed true and loyal at the end of Season 1 and lived with Jil for far longer than he did with Kaaya.

To say nothing ever developed isn't true.

doesn't it say all jil has been doing since reclimbing the tower...is been mopping around....they may have somehow grown closer...but romantically l doubt it given jil state of being.

l wish Fatina all the best, hell she was my 2nd fav character after ahmey in season 1, but l still can't see any romantic feelings jil/fatina have for one another as of right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
And how is it that the first episode of season 1 isn't good enough evidence for you?
because Marsala said through the whole series he had a crush for her, yet episode 1 is the only solid evidence.
Old 2009-01-09, 01:00   Link #176
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Have always hoped for a JilxFatina pairing but i don't think that is likely. Maybe they can make alternate endings. A bad end where Jil goes with Kaaya and a good end where he goes with Fatina .
Jil x Kaaya would be consider the true ending ^^, either dramatic or comedic ending. (Haha been reading tsukihime lately). Lol, is Jil x Kai a possible ending? even though the OP won't provided solid evidence Kai seems to be able to shift form from child --> Adult or vice versa but I can guess it will be uses to rekindle Jil love for kaaya as Kai resembles Kaaya in some way.

Surprise, Surprise its good to go back to civilization reading thread that doesn't goes off in trolling mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan
Here's a second chance for Fatina Hentacle scene
that reminded me of a scene in the s2 OP with Jills pillow with fatina and roper... made me laugh hysterically.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 01:15   Link #177
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
that reminded me of a scene in the s2 OP with Jills pillow with fatina and roper... made me laugh hysterically.
They're trying to keep the hope alive.

I've got my fingers crossed.
Old 2009-01-09, 01:40   Link #178
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... I just watched the first episode, and it seems that Kaaya is a bit more well-endowed than last season. Not that I'm complaining. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
Anyone else think its funny that Kelb became innkeeper just like the seemingly random one from episode 1 of season 1.
And the plot thickens... dun dun dun!

Would be really interesting to see if this season plays like the last half of Jil's dream.

As for people who's giving the OP/ED more credit, I personally avoid using them to predict future events. I mean, what I would've gave to see an archer and his alter ego fight each other in the anime proper...

Quote:
I'm confused about the inconsistency of calling her "Kai" instead of "Ki" as she was called in the official subs of the first season.
The name is spelled as "Ki", but it's pronounced as ka-eeh. It was always pronounced that way then in 8-bit era, and I'm pretty sure they pronounced it that way last season as well.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 01:49   Link #179
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
love is blind my friend, and yes kaaya did betray jil....but both of them hold each other dear.
what where kaaya's last world to jil in season 1 again? hmm?
I will ship Kaaya x Jill to the end. I won't let these scenes with Fatina shake my faith
Old 2009-01-09, 01:53   Link #180
bayoab

Quote:
the op & ed foreshadows a jilxkaaya ending as well, so yay.
See S1 OP and S1 ending (not the song). Relying on the OP for anything is going to get you in trouble.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg