AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-18, 04:02   Link #11361
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGale View Post
Yeah, it suits him perfectly. Touma is someone that just like Aiwass said in vol 19, "does whatever he feels like it": what he feels is right, what he feels is for the best, etc. It seems good because he uses his "common sense" to gauge these things and that common sense of his, pretty much guides him to an ideal but ordinary world.

P.D: Can you tell me from where is that quote?
D.Gray-man, Allen Walker.
Old 2011-06-18, 04:50   Link #11362
tsunade666

The latest translation in vol 21.

I wonder if the sister waiting below where Mikoto fall is also been put there by the higher ups of academy city. It's just that the Russian plane is so vast for a single sister to be there where the original fall. I don't see it as a mere coincidence at all.
Old 2011-06-18, 05:11   Link #11363
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The problem is that's how the fandom at large views him, which bleeds over into everything I see about him and the To Aruverse.
He's Memetically Badass enough that the other side of the globe make him star as himself in everything.

Forgot to mention this, but "everything" means including his own series. There's a whole fanfic of how he went to an audition to star in Toaru Majutsu no Index.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2011-06-18 at 07:14.
Old 2011-06-18, 05:19   Link #11364
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The latest translation in vol 21.

I wonder if the sister waiting below where Mikoto fall is also been put there by the higher ups of academy city. It's just that the Russian plane is so vast for a single sister to be there where the original fall. I don't see it as a mere coincidence at all.
Well to be fair, this is the center of which everything is going down; so it's no surprise Academy City's forces are heading to the same place...

...But in all honesty, it seems that Imouto 10777 is just moving on her own so yes its probably just a coincidence.
Old 2011-06-18, 05:25   Link #11365
tsunade666

Imouto did say that she is having a vacation but a vacation with a rifle and in the middle of the war. She can have vacation in other spot of russia and not in the middle of the damn war and also below the floating castle of fiamma.

And it looks like on the outsiders the first one to see Gabriel is Misaka. And it's really funny. She gets to see an angel but doesn't know anything about it.
Old 2011-06-18, 05:43   Link #11366
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
...Yeah, shame on me. I'm really sleepy after those last-min exams. Plus, y'know, Crack King and stuff...
No... not anymore...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-18, 08:39   Link #11367
Ashaman

Something has been niggiling at the back of my mind for awhile now.

Is there any reason that Vol. 4 breaks the tradition of "Chapter title --- Alternative Chapter title"?

Looking at the chapter titles in English, I just sort of break them up in my head.
Obviously I don't read or understand Japanease, so I'm just making the below up.

Hex Suspect --- Magician's World
The Detectives --- This World At War
The Descent --- Angel That Harms This World
The Last Magician --- This One World

How does the alternate title thing work anyhow? Like, what are the mechanic's of it? Is is just two title's, or are they written differently?
Old 2011-06-18, 08:40   Link #11368
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not really, look at it this way- Academy City does all these kind of horrible things, but at the same time it's a place for people with unnatural abilities to call home and for science and technology to flourish. Should you destroy Academy City because of it's dark side? What happens if you do? Would you condemn the rest of the population?
Accelerator for president chairman!!!

Quote:
Imouto did say that she is having a vacation but a vacation with a rifle and in the middle of the war. She can have vacation in other spot of russia and not in the middle of the damn war and also below the floating castle of fiamma.
Yeah, I also think 10077 was send there to intercept Mikoto and kept her busy somehow.
Old 2011-06-18, 08:48   Link #11369
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Sigh, let me explain- She's having a "vacation" *hint hint* *nudge nudge* *Wink wink* *cough*

The one that controls the Imoutos is not the higher up, but Heaven Canceler right? Even if it's not the case, I don't see them taking orders from Academy City, at least not in any way that's against that boy, that other boy, or the original.
Old 2011-06-18, 10:17   Link #11370
tsunade666

Quote:
Sigh, let me explain- She's having a "vacation" *hint hint* *nudge nudge* *Wink wink* *cough*

The one that controls the Imoutos is not the higher up, but Heaven Canceler right? Even if it's not the case, I don't see them taking orders from Academy City, at least not in any way that's against that boy, that other boy, or the original.
No, I don't think someone was controlling Imouto at all. I don't even think someone ordered her but that's the same for Touma. Touma moves for the will of Aleister without him even knowing. It's one of that moves the makes Imouto being in the middle of war seems impossible or even logical. If what you said that the heaven's canceller is the one controlling the sister. Then I think he would order for her to stay away at the war.

Even Mikoto finding the report of someone will get imagine breaker back looks funny for me. It's just the you know... Aleister can even eavesdrop on your telephone. He knows everything that happens inside his city
Old 2011-06-18, 10:21   Link #11371
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
No... not anymore...
Spoiler:
I accept thy title.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-18, 10:28   Link #11372
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No, I don't think someone was controlling Imouto at all. I don't even think someone ordered her but that's the same for Touma. Touma moves for the will of Aleister without him even knowing. It's one of that moves the makes Imouto being in the middle of war seems impossible or even logical. If what you said that the heaven's canceller is the one controlling the sister. Then I think he would order for her to stay away at the war.
I've heard that Heaven Canceller is in charge of the Imoutos, something about using them to secure the Gemstone... Could be wrong, never read SS2 myself... Don't you remember? Imouto isn't on official duty, so she's doing it on her free will, so after the evacuation, Imouto is acting on her own.

Quote:
Even Mikoto finding the report of someone will get imagine breaker back looks funny for me.
That's just paranoid, how do you know this isn't going against his plans instead?

But whatever, I can't prove or deny your claims.

I suppose I should pass you this:

[Tin foil hat] x1 received.
Old 2011-06-18, 11:15   Link #11373
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
That's just paranoid, how do you know this isn't going against his plans instead?

But whatever, I can't prove or deny your claims.
Its not paranoid when #1 is and 2# and the whole fighting between undground organizations were within Aleister's plans (except for Shiage's unpredictable factor), then why not #3's moves wouldn't be within his plans?
All she did against Level 6 shift project was mean to fail and the project itself was mean to be halted for the sake of Aleister's AIM antennas with or without Touma. And as for the vols 20-22, despite what she did, all remained the same until the end.
Old 2011-06-18, 14:15   Link #11374
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

So the Dawn-Colored Sunlights, Bardways group, plan is to rule the world or control it. They are also a part of a bigger group called Golden Dawn. The idea is that they want to control the world and they added Touma in the group. Touma "died" so his new self might want control of the world.
Old 2011-06-18, 14:19   Link #11375
Nayrael
The Faceless One

If thats true... I can't wait for Darth Touma to fight against his former students Obi van Hamazura and Master Anakin Accelerator.

Shit will get epic...
Old 2011-06-18, 14:21   Link #11376
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
If thats true... I can't wait for Darth Touma to fight against his former students Obi van Hamazura and Master Accelerator.

Shit will get epic...
I am pretty sure Accelerator is Anakin.
Old 2011-06-18, 14:28   Link #11377
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Master Anakin Accelerator... details, shmitails... have it your way!
Old 2011-06-18, 14:31   Link #11378
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Accelerator is like Anikan because he is an overpowered boy who whines all the time(trollface.jpg). I predict the ending of To aru will be like this.

Touma goes evil and Accelerator has to kill him.
Old 2011-06-18, 14:37   Link #11379
Nayrael
The Faceless One

And Obi Van Hamazura has to bring them drinks whenever they get thirsty during the fight...

Seriously tough, Touma will probably not rule the world... he will just make it his harem... he already has more then 10 000 in it... whats few billions more?
Old 2011-06-18, 14:39   Link #11380
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
And Hamazura has to bring them drinks whenever they get thirsty during the fight...

Seriously tough, Touma will probably not rule the world... he will just make it his harem... he already has around 10 000 in it... (that is, whole world will consider him a Hero)
Aiwass seems to be multi-demensional/multi-versal. Im thinking that what he could take over. Its proven by Curtana that their are many dimensions at work.

I am wondering though how Aleister met Aiwass.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen