AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-11-19, 02:37   Link #4041
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
There should've been some font files that came with the rainmeter skin. Also, the rainlender skin I'm using is "プリっちBlue_H". I don't know why you're doesn't look the same.
i am realy happy with how it is now, much easyer with the shortcuts now. and it looks good to ^^

anyways the skin u talkt about with the rainmeter or w/e i cant seem to find it in the folder :/ but the only thing i want to, is to get the Day's a bit bigger, and the disk space left on my hdds to show up.

if that woude happen i woude happy ^^ im happy enough already for ur work on the skin so im very grateful

after i put in thoes fronts things, it looks like this : http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4050/untitledoz5.jpg

maybe the problem is that i use a difrent resovlution or how u write it.

dont remember what i use but i use max for my pc
SealedTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 08:57   Link #4042
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Felt like using fluxbox today

tabbed windows FTW!
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 09:21   Link #4043
bergman
Polarbears in sweden?

Send a message via MSN to bergman

Here is my desktop
bergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 10:42   Link #4044
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
@ Lost - Set up?? I wish I could understand what you mean.. :/
It's just winxp with a wallpaper, icons and winamp (but you can't see it in the pic since I have it doked to top and auto-hide on :P
Ah, you made those icons yourself? ^^

MidnighT-WolF, could I have the source for that TC wall. I need some good black walls.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 14:23   Link #4045
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote - Lost
--------------------------------------
Ah, you made those icons yourself? ^^
Your thinking too much.. it's much simpler then that..
Basicly I took a Wallpaper that doesn't fit at my normal resolution.. placed some graphical elements on it.. created a completely transparent icon.. gave it (the .ico) to all the icons on my desktop so they all look like they're just text.. all done..

It's really basic stuff.. I just made it like that to make the desktop less clutered..

It's simple.. you can try it if you want..
Here's the same version I'm using, only it has your name instead of mine.. ^__^

Here's the .ico file: http://rapidshare.com/files/4029110/Blank.ico.html

:) Here's another .ico file that has you nick on it..
I have the arrow things that appear on shorcuts disabled as well as things like "Shorcut to".. But, just in case you like using things like that here's a custom one ;) : http://rapidshare.com/files/4030702/...cator.ico.html
Old 2006-11-19, 16:05   Link #4046
Simplex
And I'm feeling good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTears View Post
i am realy happy with how it is now, much easyer with the shortcuts now. and it looks good to ^^

anyways the skin u talkt about with the rainmeter or w/e i cant seem to find it in the folder :/ but the only thing i want to, is to get the Day's a bit bigger, and the disk space left on my hdds to show up.

if that woude happen i woude happy ^^ im happy enough already for ur work on the skin so im very grateful

after i put in thoes fronts things, it looks like this : http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4050/untitledoz5.jpg

maybe the problem is that i use a difrent resovlution or how u write it.

dont remember what i use but i use max for my pc
It's the font files. The skins for rainmeter can't find the font files for it, so it's using a default one. Rainlender just doesn't look like the right skin. The "to do" list is different. Take a screenshot of the folder you installed the skins. You can just PM me the SS and I'll take a look into it.
Simplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 17:10   Link #4047
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

wow all these nice wallpapers ^^

nice stuff here ppl ! show ur stuff! be proud of ur wallpapers
Old 2006-11-19, 17:51   Link #4048
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

here is mine
nothing special really, just a plain Windows XP witha Bleach / Ichigo background
I like it Clean
Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 18:40   Link #4049
CXC

My Current One On Right Now....
Changes Every 15 mins
CXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 08:25   Link #4050
Veg
/dev/null

Send a message via ICQ to Veg Send a message via AIM to Veg Send a message via MSN to Veg
Clear desktops for the win .
Veg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 08:52   Link #4051
tritoch

http://jonaspelayo.googlepages.com/1234.PNG

>,> reduced cause my upload speed is being used heavily. I'm seeding so much stuff at the same time and whenever i try to upload something bigger it just stalls and dies.

taskbar auto hides.. forgot that.. hehe. had all my progs hot-keyed. =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 09:58   Link #4052
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch View Post
>,> reduced cause my upload speed is being used heavily. I'm seeding so much stuff at the same time and whenever i try to upload something bigger it just stalls and dies.
Why don't you just restrict your global outbound?
Old 2006-11-21, 11:16   Link #4053
SealedTears
<3 lucy ~Elf Song~

well i just changed mine so heres the new deal :P

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/466/desktopty6.jpg
Old 2006-11-21, 17:54   Link #4054
Ending

Updated. Decided to go with a Vista-like theme just to show that it doesn't require a whole new OS to get the visual style. A simple skin for WinXP is enough.

Had to resize the wallpaper myself, though, since it came in 1024x and since 17" flat-monitors use 1280x... Have yet to see how Prince of Persia 3 fares, by the way. Somehow haven't got around playing it yet even though I did install it almost three weeks ago.

Last edited by Ending; 2006-11-22 at 12:12. Reason: Forgot https. You might have gotten nag-screens.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 00:25   Link #4055
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

One of those 'I wish I was a mac' setups.
I miss my second screen but good things come to an end :/
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 11:59   Link #4056
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote - Wordplay
Updated. Decided to go with a Vista theme just to show that it doesn't require a whole new OS to get the visual style. A simple skin for WinXP is enough.

That doesn't look like Vista to me o.O
Here are some screens of vista, this is all out of the box stuff..
Spoiler for Container:

Spoiler for Container:

Also, the skin isn't the main focus.. there are lots of little things.. like fadding everywhere (when you close a window it fades in when you close a maximized window it tilts to the right and fades in while moving down slightly.. or when you click alt tab (the normal one not the 3d flip thing) you get a preview and if the image was moving (like for example in a movie or an install) you actually see it real time..

But the skin/style isn't the focus.. there are lots of tweeks everywhere.. and little things added here and there.. (Vista is defenetly lots more secure then Xp, and it's a lot easier to do things like encript files set read/write permissions etcetera..)

As for the system req, the 512ram (minimum) is bs, I know it's on ms's homepage.. but it's bs, you can run Vista with less, if you use the normal skin (and not Aero) it will run just like Xp..

You don't need to bash Vista, since it's an ms product, if someone says that Vista will permenatly lock your bios it automaticly turns in a rumor.. and there are more then enough anti-vista rumors out there..
Don't bash it until you tried it.
BTW, did I mention that I'm still using Xp a lot more then Vista Haha
Quote - Wordplay
Had to resize the wallpaper myself, though, since it came in 1024x and since 17" flat-monitors use 1280x... Have yet to see how Prince of Persia 3 fares, by the way. Somehow haven't got around playing it yet even though I did install it almost three weeks ago.
Whenever a wallpaper is too big for my resolution or too small (or just doesn't have the right proportions to fit in my resolution) I usually solve the problem by either croping it in or out. When I crop it out, I'll usually add little stuff to make it fit.. but that's not always the case.. sometimes it just fits good with everything else that I just leave it like that.. for example.. my current wallpaper on Xp

Spoiler for Container:
Old 2006-11-22, 12:39   Link #4057
Nidas

@BlackCatXIII: Is the taskbar slightly transparent or is it just an optical illusion? 0_o

Anyway, heres my new wall:

Nidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 13:20   Link #4058
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The taskbar?!~ O_O
Do you mean the gadget-bar? (the one with the clock, RSS-feed thingy, callander.. etcetera)
If so then yes it's transparent.. When it's not in focus it fades to a form where it has a little shadow on the right side.. actually more like a thick dark margin faiding in) You can set the transparency for all the gadgets (by fixed numbers 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%)

Anyway, that's the Aero skin, all the elements are transparent (start bar, windows etcetera).. actually it's a wieard form of transparency.. it blurs the content behind it and allso has some kind of transparrent middle-ground consisting of what appears to be several diagonal 70px lines (which have transparency from right to left). there's also a feathered black border on the outside..

You were refering to the Vista Screens right?!~ o_O
Old 2006-11-22, 13:26   Link #4059
Nidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII View Post
You were refering to the Vista Screens right?!~ o_O
no... I meant the task bar XD
Nidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 17:02   Link #4060
Ending

@ BlackCatXIII

Aero is just like a transparent skin. WindowBlind's skins "A Touch of Glass" and "Dreamland" do basically the same thing.

Quote:
As for the system req, the 512ram (minimum) is bs, I know it's on ms's homepage.. but it's bs, you can run Vista with less, if you use the normal skin (and not Aero) it will run just like Xp..
Exactly. Just like XP, except that XP costs a lot less and has the widest game-selection of the market. Vista doesn't have a single game yet.

Anyway, I was referring to the skin, which is named "Vista Plus."
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customize, desktop, rainmeter, wallpaper