AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 69 60.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 23.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-03, 22:08   Link #41
JamJackEvo

And so... the awesomeness continues...
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 22:15   Link #42
lildevilinhell
A foolish clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

the Female Titan is......
A female!

.... This show is so intense @_@

Poor Armin, called disgusting by Jean lol.
Old 2013-08-03, 22:24   Link #43
yankky5

Hot Damn that was too good, the pacing was awesome and the build up was so worth it for this moment but seriusly I really do want eren titan form form to be skinless like the collosal titian.... and the hot ass titan!!
Old 2013-08-03, 22:41   Link #44
VTHokiePride

I was about throw my laptop to the floor when I saw the blood thinking Reiner died. Is it just me or does the titan remind anyone of Annie? The eyes, body type, everything.
Old 2013-08-03, 22:59   Link #45
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

recap is back, but hell who cares...this episode is too awesome to be bothered by one minute narrative by Marina Inoue
Old 2013-08-03, 23:02   Link #46
shalala

How the hell did Reiner not die from that. He pretty much got squshed and blood came out and like a few people pointed out the steam and sizzy noise tell us that he too could be titan because how else would he escape that? All in all the ep was veryy good. But why would that female titan want Eren?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 23:11   Link #47
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
How the hell did Reiner not die from that. He pretty much got squshed and blood came out and like a few people pointed out the steam and sizzy noise tell us that he too could be titan because how else would he escape that? All in all the ep was veryy good. But why would that female titan want Eren?
To have his babies, of course.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 23:12   Link #48
Dekart

Quote:
Well if the speculations are right and the female Titan is Annie who is supposed to be working for the military police. Then, they would want him dead before the Recon Corps use him to discover the secrets of titans.

I wonder if all top trainees were secretly injected with the drug from Eren's father.
Dekart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 23:14   Link #49
leokiko

Quote:
Speculation:

Spoiler:
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 23:38   Link #50
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
It's pretty obvious.

1. Reiner goes after her and gets caught
2. She "squishes" him
3. He jumps out with zero wounds
4. she stares at her hand for a bit
5. Starts moving towards Eren

There's only one logical conclusion.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 23:57   Link #51
TaquishaJohnson

Good episode, and after re-watching key scenes three or four times, I'm feeling pretty confident in some of my predictions. FWIW, I haven't read a single post in this thread yet, but I'm copying and pasting my hypotheses from a different forum.

NOTE: I'm not a manga reader, so this is all just conjecture based on what we've seen in the anime. Still, I'm going to put it in a spoiler tag, just to be considerate of those who don't want to read what I think.

Spoiler:

...And having said all that, if I turn out to be completely wrong, I'll be kind of embarrassed, lol.
TaquishaJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 00:08   Link #52
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Another possibilty is that the blood and steam could have been from the Female Titan. We know based on previous battles that those tend to linger for a bit them evaporate. I do agree though Reiner IIs fairly suspicious right now though.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 00:12   Link #53
TaquishaJohnson

Yeah, it could have just been the female titan's blood, but I'm suspicious enough of Reiner that I think it was his.
Old 2013-08-04, 00:13   Link #54
ultime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaquishaJohnson View Post
Good episode, and after re-watching key scenes three or four times, I'm feeling pretty confident in some of my predictions. FWIW, I haven't read a single post in this thread yet, but I'm copying and pasting my hypotheses from a different forum.

NOTE: I'm not a manga reader, so this is all just conjecture based on what we've seen in the anime. Still, I'm going to put it in a spoiler tag, just to be considerate of those who don't want to read what I think.

Spoiler:

...And having said all that, if I turn out to be completely wrong, I'll be kind of embarrassed, lol.
I also noticed something weird you may not seen, when reiner decide to go at her, he remove his hood himself as if he wanted her to see him
ultime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 00:34   Link #55
TaquishaJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultime View Post
I also noticed something weird you may not seen, when reiner decide to go at her, he remove his hood himself as if he wanted her to see him
That's a good point. If he had his hood on, she might've killed him before she realized it was him, but he took it off so she'd recognize him. Hence the sneaky grin on her face when she caught him
Old 2013-08-04, 00:44   Link #56
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaquishaJohnson View Post
That's a good point. If he had his hood on, she might've killed him before she realized it was him, but he took it off so she'd recognize him. Hence the sneaky grin on her face when she caught him
I also imagine that is the reason for the conflicting information. Erwin wanted to smoke out any rats that were hiding, so later on, when he receives the reports of the titans arrival, he will know it was from a group who had received that information; which should be very few, considering the massacre that the right flank ran into.

edit: lol, looks like ultime said the same thing; nevermind =0p.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 00:48   Link #57
TaquishaJohnson

Yeah, it seems obvious that the conflicting information was given out intentionally to obfuscate Eren's true location. I'm bad at remembering names, though, so I didn't mention Erwin because I forgot what his name was
Old 2013-08-04, 01:01   Link #58
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Yeah, it's Namaniku ATK I believe. IIRC he also works for 5pb
Nitro+
And he's also the one who's doing the art for those bonus VNs from discs.

Also he isn't drawing these doujins alone, he's doing it with Ookuma Nekosuke:

who is a fan of Christa

Last edited by Iby; 2013-08-04 at 01:16.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:02   Link #59
xip
future tekken lord

They made it too obvious, I wished they made her hair white instead of yellow/blonde.

And speaking of Erwin, it's nice to see a competent adult commander, that's rare in anime these days.
xip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:09   Link #60
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I'm gonna spoil this even though it's not really a spoiler or anything, could be seen as extremely vague spoiler for the arc at hand though.

Spoiler: