AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-07-10, 18:22   Link #3221
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Arba doesn't hate fate. She's all about accepting fate, as long as it's real, the one that comes from God. But David got a hold of God's power and used it to his convenience. As a result, a lot of people died. Now Solomon is planning to do the same. Of course, unlike David, Solomon wants to use God's power for a good cause. But in Arba's eyes, the transgression is the same. God (and fate) is sacred in her eyes, and no one should be allowed to screw with that, not even Solomon.
And this is probably where the "King Solomon was too arrogant" statement of Gyokuen came from.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 07:36   Link #3222
Breimoon

new ch raw out, wtf happened???
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 03:29   Link #3223
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Have you guys read Sinbad's latest chapter ? Men, the spin-off series just keep getting better everyday. That chapter bring back the joy I had when reading Balbadd arc. Fantasy stuff mixed with real life problem and economics. It's simply wonderful! I hope Ohtaka spend at least 2 chapters of Sinbad on trading alone. I would love to see a chapter concentrate on the world's trading business instead of some action
Old 2014-07-19, 10:08   Link #3224
hamazura
whatever

sinbad is too OP for a kid
Old 2014-07-20, 14:06   Link #3225
hamazura
whatever

3 magi, arba, ugo and sheeba
and that 'solomon'... is that david? so the 'solomon' in many flashback before this arc is not the real solomon, but david?
Old 2014-07-20, 15:14   Link #3226
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Solomon freed everyone from the shackles of destiny by draining God of his power, infusing it with his will, and distributing it to everybody. He then essentially replaced him. What I don't get is why there's some kind of David/Solomon fusion in the real world now. He looks pretty damn evil too.
Old 2014-07-20, 15:35   Link #3227
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Have you guys read Sinbad's latest chapter ? Men, the spin-off series just keep getting better everyday. That chapter bring back the joy I had when reading Balbadd arc. Fantasy stuff mixed with real life problem and economics. It's simply wonderful! I hope Ohtaka spend at least 2 chapters of Sinbad on trading alone. I would love to see a chapter concentrate on the world's trading business instead of some action
I'm saying that Sinbad will meet Masrur seeing how they are heading to Reim next.

I can't want to see how Ja'far will turn out and how his life lessons will be.

Funny how young sinbad foreshadowed his own current state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
3 magi, arba, ugo and sheeba
and that 'solomon'... is that david? so the 'solomon' in many flashback before this arc is not the real solomon, but david?
I'm saying it is still Solomon but older due to become one with the world.

Now that we know about the white and black rukh. To me it is now obvious into why Al-Tharmen was created and why they call Solomon arrogant. From the results of their last war. Most of the resistance stuffed greatly either losing loved ones, friends or stuffing from stress. Plus now that they saw Solomon reject the will of that God and it's plan that it had for every one all so Solomon can given everyone their own fate. They would now be thinking that its all thanks to Solomon that they are suffering and reject the white rukh to go with the black thus joining the old god again. .

Last edited by shalala; 2014-07-23 at 14:39. Reason: spelling
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 15:46   Link #3228
ChampDream
Alive

Interesting how Solomon took Illah place and free everyone from destiny, I think the man at the last panel is David or at least David with a part of Solomon inside him.
Old 2014-07-20, 16:26   Link #3229
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Now that we know about the white and black rukh. To me it is now obvious into why Al-Tharmen was created and why they call Solomon arrogant. From the results of their last war. Most of the resistance stuffed greatly either losing loved ones, friends or stuffing from stress. Plus now that they saw Solomon reject the will of that God and it's plan that it had for every one all so Solomon can given everyone their own fate. They would now be thinking that its all thanks to Solomon that they are stuffing and reject the white rukh to go with the black thus joining the old god again. .
Stuffing? Do you mean suffering?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 16:42   Link #3230
Key Board
Carbon

You know this is where the things to start get iffy, because from what I can tell, David made the plan to unsurp god, while still under the influence of god
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 19:47   Link #3231
Kazu-kun

^ The magicians already had some freedom from destiny because Illa had given them part of his power. What Solomon does is taking that to the extreme by given the rest of Illa's power to everyone. Basically, everyone became magician.
Old 2014-07-21, 05:52   Link #3232
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Gotta feel for Sheba here, Arba set off more Gyokuen flags this chapter.
Old 2014-07-21, 09:55   Link #3233
Fwarlord

I still didn't understand, Al-Thamen want to be freed from the prison known as destiny, and Solomon did exactly what they want by giving magoi to every individual, so why do they hate him that much?
And if Arba is Gyokuen, she looks perfectly fine with the idea of their lives being under the complete control of Illah, but Ithnan and Falan clearly don't agree with that, so why did they follow her?
Old 2014-07-21, 10:01   Link #3234
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
I still didn't understand, Al-Thamen want to be freed from the prison known as destiny, and Solomon did exactly what they want by giving magoi to every individual, so why do they hate him that much?
And if Arba is Gyokuen, she looks perfectly fine with the idea of their lives being under the complete control of Illah, but Ithnan and Falan clearly don't agree with that, so why did they follow her?
because next chapter :-p
Old 2014-07-21, 20:02   Link #3235
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

living under the will of your unseen god, a super natural force may not be so bad since god is not exactly there to manipulate their lives. Living under a big brother, tyrant figure's influence ( literally ) is a completely difference thing. This is clearly when Solomon's friends started to drift away from him.
Old 2014-07-25, 12:25   Link #3236
Homura7

Spoilers for next chapter are out.

Spoiler for 233:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 14:19   Link #3237
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Spoilers for next chapter are out.

Spoiler for 233:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-07-25, 21:02   Link #3238
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

ohh....heheh

the crazinesses was so obvious... that world is gonna burn.

Quote:
she looks perfectly fine with the idea of their lives being under the complete control of Illah
well,the problem is that destiny is already wrote, the black rukh is god doing his job for something greater, but salomon overwrite god doing and give all individuals the ability to change and made a new destiny( white rukh )...but this a act against god works.

you can think that this give you freewill, like the flame from prometheus, or eve and the apple... even the fall of lucifer can enter here.... an act , where you break with god and you gain a new path, but freedom also have his own problems.

now the religious fanatics or the people who suffer from different things are gonna blame all the wrong doing (why does god let people suffer?) to this new liberty, and say that his doings is the correct way for the world(god plan, god want this, god asked for this, god wrote to do this)....even if that means mass murder, genocide ...

there is one rule that everybody need to understand.
- shit happens, but that doesn't mean that you should feel defeated, rise again and do something good for the world... or you can kill everyone who harm you and the world...both works
Old 2014-07-26, 02:24   Link #3239
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
ohh....heheh

the crazinesses was so obvious... that world is gonna burn.

well,the problem is that destiny is already wrote, the black rukh is god doing his job for something greater, but salomon overwrite god doing and give all individuals the ability to change and made a new destiny( white rukh )...but this a act against god works.

you can think that this give you freewill, like the flame from prometheus, or eve and the apple... even the fall of lucifer can enter here.... an act , where you break with god and you gain a new path, but freedom also have his own problems.

now the religious fanatics or the people who suffer from different things are gonna blame all the wrong doing (why does god let people suffer?) to this new liberty, and say that his doings is the correct way for the world(god plan, god want this, god asked for this, god wrote to do this)....even if that means mass murder, genocide ...

there is one rule that everybody need to understand.
- shit happens, but that doesn't mean that you should feel defeated, rise again and do something good for the world... or you can kill everyone who harm you and the world...both works
This is probably why Al Tharman is so obsessed with being "evil"; in their minds, this is exact how the world is supposed to work and was supposed to work before Solomon tampered with it, according to Il-liah.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 02:25   Link #3240
Fwarlord

But what I don't understand is why people like Ithnan or Falan who clearly weren't happy with the destiny Illah chose for them oppose Solomon after he gave them the right to choose a new destiny? I though they must support him for liberating them from the ill fate that wronged them so much.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen