AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-09-29, 14:05   Link #941
velocity7

The ending song is just purely brain-eating amoebas all over your head, to be honest.

Otherwise, the opening was a blast. Looking forward to it! (16:9 please, not 4:3 )
Old 2007-09-29, 14:23   Link #942
Chewy

Oh god Fuko is so moe with the head tilt...

The OP was awesome. I never did finish playing the game so this is gonna be sweet.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 15:33   Link #943
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

For people who've played the game in full and know the story would probably agree that the anime original ending theme is brilliant. Listening to it almost brings a tear to my eyes.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 16:14   Link #944
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Watching the OP has got me so excited for this series. I don't know how much I actually liked the song but chances are it'll grow on me; OP songs usually do.
LionsMane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 16:36   Link #945
FireChick

As of right now I am currently uploading the ED of Clannad on YouTube. My youtube name is HaruToki101 if you want to find it. I'll upload the opening later.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 17:17   Link #946
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Since I have watched Kanon and has become an instant fan of Kanon, I'll be sure to be watching Clannad once it airs and gets subbed.
I have yet to watch Air though, but from what I've been hearing and reading through some non-spoiler summaries of what this show will be about, there seems to be some fight scenes in this show...although Kanon had its fair of fight scenes during Mai's arc, I wonder if Clannad will have fight scenes here and there.
BTW, is Clannad's story paced like Kanon's story?...like there's arcs for different characters in the show that the main character follows until the end?
Oh same here! I started loving KEY's works after playing Kanon. Although Air has a large fan base I personally don't like tragedies too much. I think I'll be skipping Little Busters! due to its story line...

And for fighter scene...we should say 'one-sided-slaughter'...they're all hilarious, unlike Mai's fight.

Yes, Clannad has arcs for different characters. However the characters in Clannad are all closely linked with each other that the whole game of Clannad is one big story, as opposed to multiple stories in Kanon.

There's only one and only true ending for Clannad but I don't think 26 episodes is enough to show it. The Kyou route and Tomoyo route are both long enough to make a 52 episode show themselves.

No seriously there IS enough materials in there to do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Because the show was drawn and produced that way; everything was framed as if it had the full canvas. The non-widescreen version is "pan & scan", meaning they selectively crop (cut out) large portions of the drawings. It's like the difference between watching a movie in theatres, and watching it "formatted to fit your TV" -- it just doesn't have the same effect. Some shows were drawn in 4:3 to begin with, so they don't have the same problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Here's an example of Pan & Scan:

I see! Thanks for the explaination!

Last edited by iamandragon; 2007-09-29 at 17:38.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 17:35   Link #947
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The opening was nice. ^__^
Reading the comments that people had posted wasn't so nice.

I'm really looking forward to this, with all the Clannad/Key veterans saying how much storyline Clannad has.

But one true ending? That sounds very promising.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 17:37   Link #948
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Theeeeeeeeey taaaaaaaalllllk reaaaaaaaaaalllllly slooooooooooow iiiiiiiin thiiiiiiiiiiiiis prooooooooooooomooooooooo.......
That's because Nagisa and Ryou are the 'timid' types. Sunohara seems to talk in a rather suitable pace.
I'd like the characters to talk a bit slower, they sound more gentle that way. I hate when people talk in a fast pace, in real life or tv shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
The opening was nice. ^__^
Reading the comments that people had posted wasn't so nice.

I'm really looking forward to this, with all the Clannad/Key veterans saying how much storyline Clannad has.

But one true ending? That sounds very promising.
Sorry ><
I'm pretty sure the true ending won't show up in the anime...They'll probably stop at the end of Nagisa route. Afterall, it is a route which allows maximum interaction between you and all the other characters.
Old 2007-09-29, 17:47   Link #949
FireChick

What I like about characters talking slow is that I learn japanese better. Like Himeka from Kamichama Karin. Sorry about that.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 17:53   Link #950
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Finally got around to watching the OP ... the start was very nice, but after that it becomes a vast disappointment. What i though was going to be a nice, artistic piece turned in to a slideshow of characters. They even went as far as to include the character names ... quite the lazy way to handle the OP. I can already tell i am not going to watch the OP weekly
Old 2007-09-29, 17:57   Link #951
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
There's only one and only true ending for Clannad but I don't think 26 episodes is enough to show it.
I just watched the OP, and it seems like the final ture end IS going to happen! Heavy spoilers for us who have played the game huh...(warning: skip the first half to avoid being spoiled if you seriously don't want to)
(well it's too late that you've read this line...you've been spoiled by the previous paragraph if you know what I mean...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Finally got around to watching the OP ... the start was very nice, but after that it becomes a vast disappointment. What i though was going to be a nice, artistic piece turned in to a slideshow of characters. They even went as far as to include the character names ... quite the lazy way to handle the OP. I can already tell i am not going to watch the OP weekly
I on the other hand, quite like these types of OP. It gives each of the characters, even the side ones, their own moments.
And Kyou in PE suit!? Noooooo! That takes off the funniness of her basketball match!

P.S. Fuko is so cute in the OP--'I want to take her home!'...not that she isn't in the game...
Old 2007-09-29, 17:57   Link #952
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

The Invitation DVD is finally out! It sure has been long enough... Hahahaha...

EDIT: Oh wow... there are some scenes which have been animated as accurately as I actually imagined from reading the manga.

Last edited by boggart; 2007-09-29 at 18:37.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 18:56   Link #953
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Oh my god, the ED melts my heart, in a good way.
Old 2007-09-29, 19:20   Link #954
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

OP was rather par for the course, following KyoAni's tradition of "hair blowing in the wind pron" when it comes to adapting Key's works (see Air(TV)'s and Kanon(2006)'s OPs for reference). Even the slideshow of girls is something that is common between the three (with names in Air(TV)'s one as well).

The ED however... is something special. Despite the simple graphics, I found it obnoxiously cute and judging from the visuals and tone of voice, there was some sort of lingering sadness in it? Hopefully it will become poignant as I learn more about the story of CLANNAD.

Cheers.
Old 2007-09-29, 19:32   Link #955
Willy@m

Send a message via MSN to Willy@m
Well, ending is completely perfect. Opening, excepting Kyou's fanservice forced scene, is very good (fanservice on this beautiful history? Never. CLANNAD is non hentai/non ecchi visual novel, remember this chacteristic KyoAni).
Willy@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 19:35   Link #956
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Finally got around to watching the OP ... the start was very nice, but after that it becomes a vast disappointment. What i though was going to be a nice, artistic piece turned in to a slideshow of characters. They even went as far as to include the character names ... quite the lazy way to handle the OP.
It may be lazy, though at least it gets the job done. It captures the beauty of the series, in the way only Kyoani can do, so i'm happy about that.
Old 2007-09-29, 19:35   Link #957
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

...willy@am... are you starting to go on an uproar, just because... Kyou's chest was moving during that baskeball scene?

... i think you should check what happen when a girl is bobbing like this, especially with such outfit...
Fanservice? I would hardly see this as one, particularly not explicit, nor anything sexual or the like.
That's actually a detail which give more realist aspect. (much like hair blown by the wind, etc)
Old 2007-09-29, 19:43   Link #958
Level E
みwiki

Love the ED, just perfect for the series - it just sent shivers down my spine. KyoAni attention to story-detail shows in both the OP & ED. Personally, Clannad wasn't to my liking as the other Key stories (although the humor is through the roof and the characters are lovable), but I hope the series will go well.
Katsu-sando.
Level E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 19:45   Link #959
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Those were clean (uncredited) OP and ED. My guess is that the title is showed on top of girls shadow when she is running in the field.
Then how come they didn't 'clean' the character intros as well? The inconsistency confounds my logic, since given the choice between cleaning the character names or the title of the show itself, it'd make sense to forego the former rather than the latter.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 20:04   Link #960
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Then how come they didn't 'clean' the character intros as well? The inconsistency confounds my logic, since given the choice between cleaning the character names or the title of the show itself, it'd make sense to forego the former rather than the latter.
Probably because the names were rendered with the animation (due to the effects), and the title will be an overlay (like the credits). Non-telop/non-credit mean no overlays, and rendered text isn't an overlay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
...willy@am... are you starting to go on an uproar, just because... Kyou's chest was moving during that baskeball scene?
Just goes to show what his mind was focused on in that scene? I didn't even notice it until I read the thread.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen