AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-03-03, 22:37   Link #41
Makall

What's the likelihood of an anime adaptation?
Makall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 01:15   Link #42
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makall View Post
What's the likelihood of an anime adaptation?
Next to 0. Rumor has it that Nisio doesn't want this to be animated, and I do agree it would be incredibly hard to be animated.

I HOPE the Ningen "spin off" (the series share the same world view) eventually will get animated though as it has more action in it.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 21:07   Link #43
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I just finished the second book and holy shit.

Really sad about there never being an anime, since there will clearly never be a translation of this series.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 21:14   Link #44
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I guess I might as well ask: Opinion on Mikoko?

Also, the X/Y thing ... do you buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Really sad about there never being an anime, since there will clearly never be a translation of this series.
It's a pity the series never got popular in the English LN community (we were lucky we ever got the second volume translated in the first place) but I think there is a high chance of an anime coming along. The series is apparently popular enough, and with Nision properties selling like hot cakes, I guess there is a good chance we might get one in the near future. At least, for Kunagisa's mind's sake ... <.<

Last edited by Arabesque; 2012-05-07 at 21:25.
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 22:22   Link #45
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I guess I might as well ask: Opinion on Mikoko?
I don't think she really deserved what happened to her. Muimi, either.

Quote:
Also, the X/Y thing ... do you buy it?
Only reason I found this thread was because I was looking for an answer regarding that.

Quote:
The series is apparently popular enough, and with Nision properties selling like hot cakes, I guess there is a good chance we might get one in the near future. At least, for Kunagisa's mind's sake ... <.<
Kodansha apparently has ten Nisio anime projects lined up, and only two are unaccounted for... one of them will almost definitely be his new book, and Zaregoto would definitely end up being multiple projects... I can't see it happening.
Old 2012-05-07, 22:44   Link #46
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
I don't think she really deserved what happened to her. Muimi, either.
Really? Even after what she did to Tomoe?(well, okay Tomoe isn't entirely without blame but still ...) I can get Muimi and Akiharu, but really?
Quote:
Only reason I found this thread was because I was looking for an answer regarding that.
And do you actually believe it?

For the record, I still can't believe anyone would look at that and think ''yeah, that look like X and Y alright''
Quote:
Kodansha apparently has ten Nisio anime projects lined up, and only two are unaccounted for... one of them will almost definitely be his new book, and Zaregoto would definitely end up being multiple projects... I can't see it happening.
Well, they might be saving it as a surprise ...

or I should really just give up hope already. Le sigh ...
Old 2012-05-07, 22:50   Link #47
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Really?
She deserved punishment, sure, but she sure as hell didn't deserve that.

Spoiler for strangulation romanticist:

Quote:
For the record, I still can't believe anyone would look at that and think ''yeah, that look like X and Y alright''
It would probably work better in an anime. Funny, isn't it?
Old 2012-05-20, 12:25   Link #48
Qilin
Romanticist

Just finished the first translated novel, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It contained much of the chararacteristic quibbling I'd expect from a Nisioisin work, but it helped flesh out the characters in full twisted detail. But still, the mystery itself was quite the page turner.

I believed that I knew what I was getting into when I heard this novel was a standard British-style mystery, but I was mistaken. While it did follow the genre conventions (corpse switching, impersonation, sealed rooms, etc.), the ultimate solution was crazy enough to impart an widely different impression from what I was expecting.

Another thing that impressed me is the amount of depth that went into developing the different characters. As I mentioned, this is mediated by each character's chronic verbal diarrhea. No character can be understood completely by face value alone, and that's what I love about it. Everyone has their own motivations that are left vague, making it sort of like a puzzle to solve. Though arguably, I'd say that the biggest mystery in all this is Ii-chan himself.

I'll be starting with The Kubishime Romanticist soon, and I hope it'll top the first volume. From hearsay, this is where the series begins showing it's true colors, and about time too since I still can't guess where this will all lead to.

Here's to wishing volumes 4 up to 9 finally getting a much needed translation. Otherwise, an anime adaptation would be lovely, though the priority seems to be on the -monogatari series for now. I find this story more interesting than Bakemonogatari at least.
Old 2012-05-23, 04:03   Link #49
Westlo
Lets be reality

You mean volumes 3 to 9 get translated don't you?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 12:52   Link #50
Shikijin

Phew. Finally managed to finish Nekosogi Radical part 3. Now on with the spin-offs. Another 1600 pages to go And Nisio is still writing
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 13:29   Link #51
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You mean volumes 3 to 9 get translated don't you?
Well, there is a translation of volume 3 somewhere in the net, so I'm not as worried about that. Of course, it isn't an "official" translation, but I'm willing to take whatever I can get given the current state of things.

But really. I'm dying to know what everything is leading up to, without having to taint myself with spoilers.

EDIT:

Finally done with volume 2, and wow. This one was even more relentless with it's verbose dialogue than the first one, though I admit that I found this one more interesting. For one thing, this volume placed a greater emphasis on Ii-chan's characterization, and boy. That was a truly glorious mess if there ever was one.

If anything, the actual murders were just plot devices used to convey just how much of a human failure he is.

Spoiler for Ii-chan:

Unlike in Kubikiri Cycle, Kunagisa is largely absent in this volume, which already presents a stark difference between the two volumes. Kunagisa is sort of like a morality pet that keeps the reader from drawing attention to Ii-chan's incredibly messed-up personality. Here, we get to see him exposed in all its twisted glory.

I wonder what the hell happened to him in America. Something might have happened to him there to reduce him to such a state. Or, it might be even scarier if he was like that ever since before...

(As a side note, "Damaged Goods" seems like an awkward translation if there ever was one)

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-05-27 at 08:18.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 16:39   Link #52
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Well, there is a translation of volume 3 somewhere in the net, so I'm not as worried about that. Of course, it isn't an "official" translation, but I'm willing to take whatever I can get given the current state of things.
That translation is incomplete, the translator has been inactive for long periods, and the third is even the shortest book in the series. I suggest you to start learning Japanese, in the long period it will do you plenty of good (try simpler stuff before Zaregoto though).
Spoiler for Ii-chan:
Quote:
(As a side note, "Damaged Goods" seems like an awkward translation if there ever was one)
It is a correct translation, though.

欠陥製品

欠陥 【けっかん】 (n) (1) defect, fault, deficiency, deformity, (2) shortage, gap, (P)
製品 【せいひん】 (n) manufactured goods, finished goods, product, (P)
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 22:48   Link #53
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
That translation is incomplete, the translator has been inactive for long periods, and the third is even the shortest book in the series. I suggest you to start learning Japanese, in the long period it will do you plenty of good (try simpler stuff before Zaregoto though).
How depressing. Now, I find yet another light novel series that I won't be able to enjoy without being able to read Japanese.

Quote:
Spoiler for Ii-chan:
Now that you mention it, schizoid might be a better diagnosis for him, given his general aloofness and apathy.

Spoiler for stuff:

Quote:
It is a correct translation, though.
I figured it must be, given how awkward it sounds in English.
Old 2012-05-27, 23:15   Link #54
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Wait a second, Human Failure most definitely is not a psychopath.
He is actually the more normal one when compared to Defective Product.
Human Failure cannot relate to others due to learned behaviors, unlike Defective Product who's personality is internally screwed up.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 23:25   Link #55
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Wait a second, Human Failure most definitely is not a psychopath.
He is actually the more normal one when compared to Defective Product.
Human Failure cannot relate to others due to learned behaviors, unlike Defective Product who's personality is internally screwed up.
We can't say that for certain.

Spoiler for human failure:
Old 2012-05-27, 23:43   Link #56
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Well, I have to bring in content of future volumes if we have to discuss more. Like his high school love story or the back side of volume 2.
But then, even volume 2 itself has provided some hints on this.

Spoiler for volume 2:
Old 2012-05-27, 23:45   Link #57
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Spoiler:

Such a bastard.
Old 2012-05-28, 00:35   Link #58
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Well, I have to bring in content of future volumes if we have to discuss more. Like his high school love story or the back side of volume 2.
Huh. Point taken.

I can't really argue having only read the first two volumes.
Quote:
Spoiler:

Such a bastard.
Spoiler for Ii-chan:

I love this book so much.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:08   Link #59
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I think Defective Product is saying that to for the sake of himself. Like trying to remind himself not to kill as he sees absolutely no value in human life.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:20   Link #60
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
I think Defective Product is saying that to for the sake of himself. Like trying to remind himself not to kill as he sees absolutely no value in human life.
I agree with you there.

In psychology, it's a coping mechanism called reaction formation, where an individual suppresses unwanted impulses and desires by acting in the opposite manner. All his pretense about condemning murder is just one of the barriers he imposed upon himself to control his lack of empathy. Without it, he states that he might have ended up identical to Zerozaki, a remorseless monster. As he puts it, he's a wolf in sheep's clothing.