AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-07, 01:46   Link #421
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
Can someone who reads Japanese better than I do translate the Character's page? I'd like to know why Ranka, Myung and Minmay are listed seperately.
They're being held hostage, apparently.
Old 2012-12-07, 01:51   Link #422
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
/laughing
Sheryl is jealous
Spoiler for mmm...:

Now I want to play the game even more.
You want to play the game so you can see Ranka shit herself when Sheryl walks up to her and Alto?
Old 2012-12-07, 02:48   Link #423
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You want to play the game so you can see Ranka shit herself when Sheryl walks up to her and Alto?
Yes; and Alto is unfazed. He looks rather smug with holding Ranka. That is all I'll say. A picture is worth a thousand words for this, literally.
Old 2012-12-08, 18:52   Link #424
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Yot-chan: thank you, that makes sense. I could understand Alto, Sheryl and the Vajra, but some parts of the chart threw me off. I'm really curious about the gameplay and what roles the characters will play.

One other question, I know this story involves time travel and it takes place after Frontier, but are Alto and the other Frontier characters traveling to the future too, or are they in their timeline, a year after?
Old 2012-12-09, 07:57   Link #425
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
One other question, I know this story involves time travel and it takes place after Frontier, but are Alto and the other Frontier characters traveling to the future too, or are they in their timeline, a year after?
The only characters for whom time travel is stated outright are Hikaru and Misa (and by extension, Minmay), though I'd assume the Zero characters had to as well.

What's seems clear given that Alto and Sheryl are protecting the Vajra, as you've pretty much noted, is that for them, this story takes place after the war with the Vajra has been resolved.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2012-12-13, 08:48   Link #426
LROlsson

Old 2012-12-13, 08:54   Link #427
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

All the different character designs are gonna look strange on the same screen.
Miina gives off cyborg-feels to me, and I love the songs. I want to play this so much...
Old 2012-12-13, 11:50   Link #428
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Since I played a ton of Super Robot Wars games... I've long been pretty accustomed to the variation in character design...

I mean, you had the 70s Super-Robot characters mixed in with stuff from 2010. Talk about difference!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-13, 20:34   Link #429
John117xCortana

what are the names of the songs ?
Old 2012-12-14, 02:13   Link #430
magnuskn

Who are those characters which you can see in the video preview screen upthread?
Old 2012-12-14, 09:50   Link #431
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Who are those characters which you can see in the video preview screen upthread?
Do you mean the Main characters for the game? We talked about it from here on. There's a translated pdf on MacrossWorld for the game's character chart I linked to, along with more info on the new cast. Lion/Rion whatever is an SMS pilot who gets shot down and saved by Aisha (pink haired Zentradi). They find Miina while exploring some ruins, she's going to be the singer this time.
Alto and Sheryl are there to protect the Vajra, Minmay, Myung and Ranka are held captive, and lots of other characters are there for different reasons.

There are also some random looking characters, like the ones at 01:29, the girl with the brown hair offers repairkits and what not so I guess she is an RPG stlye shop owner, the girl with the silver hair asks what quest you'll be taking. I don't like the art used for them, they look really out of place.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:42   Link #432
magnuskn

Quote:
Do you mean the Main characters for the game? We talked about it from here on. There's a translated pdf on MacrossWorld for the game's character chart I linked to, along with more info on the new cast. Lion/Rion whatever is an SMS pilot who gets shot down and saved by Aisha (pink haired Zentradi). They find Miina while exploring some ruins, she's going to be the singer this time.
Alto and Sheryl are there to protect the Vajra, Minmay, Myung and Ranka are held captive, and lots of other characters are there for different reasons.

There are also some random looking characters, like the ones at 01:29, the girl with the brown hair offers repairkits and what not so I guess she is an RPG stlye shop owner, the girl with the silver hair asks what quest you'll be taking. I don't like the art used for them, they look really out of place.
Thanks, that was comprehensive enough for me, after all I won't be able to play the game ( both for platform and language issues ).

[mod edit: remove pointless debate]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-23 at 20:35.
Old 2012-12-15, 12:58   Link #433
John117xCortana

Sheryl gets to meet her great aunt in person. Yay !
Old 2012-12-15, 16:56   Link #434
triangler_fans1
MAMEGU fan

Any news about the anniversary?
Old 2012-12-15, 18:38   Link #435
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

[mod edit: Remove pointless debate.]

triangler_fans1: There's a game coming out in February with old and new characters and the Macross Chronicles are getting a reissue, nothing else for now. You can read about it on the last two pages and MacrossWorld has some translations on the details for the game.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-23 at 20:31.
Old 2012-12-15, 19:12   Link #436
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangler_fans1 View Post
Any news about the anniversary?
Well, the Osaka exhibition with the full-sized model of half a Valkyrie will be starting in about a week. It runs until Jan, so if anyone's lucky enough be be there at the time...

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2012-12-15, 20:23   Link #437
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

[mod edit: remove pointless debate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Well, the Osaka exhibition with the full-sized model of half a Valkyrie will be starting in about a week. It runs until Jan, so if anyone's lucky enough be be there at the time...
I want to stand in it's palm so bad... Anyone going? Pictures, please?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-23 at 20:32.
Old 2012-12-16, 03:25   Link #438
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
I want to stand in it's palm so bad... Anyone going? Pictures, please?
Me too!! I'm a little annoyed that they pushed it back so far into winter! Just a couple of weeks earlier...

Though I'd be happy if anyone could get me a Macross omikuji...

Official dates: Dec 22 until Jan 14, and you can buy tickets either in advance (until the 21st) or on the day. I'd recommend trying to get to the special talk show with Nakajima Megumi on the 29th...if it interests you, that is.

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-23 at 20:32.
Old 2012-12-16, 05:46   Link #439
John117xCortana

So did anybody understand what was being said in the trailer ? All I understood was "Who are you ?" and Sheryl realizing that the person in front of her was her Great Aunt. Sara Nome.
Old 2012-12-16, 07:27   Link #440
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
So did anybody understand what was being said in the trailer ? All I understood was "Who are you ?" and Sheryl realizing that the person in front of her was her Great Aunt. Sara Nome.
Some here from Tochiro @MacrossWorld.

I got some of it, but my Japanese is lacking so I'll leave that up to who ever feels like translating the video.