AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-27, 09:57   Link #41
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

if luffy gets ace's fire logia powers, would he be super overpowered??

this also might mean when roger died, if he had a power, his fruit came back... probably the rubber fruit.

if another crew member gets the fruit, it might be sanji. He can use his new powers to cook food! hahaha
Old 2013-02-27, 10:03   Link #42
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I don't think Roger had the rubber fruit. If he did, you'd think they'd mention that already, especially with how infamous Luffy has gotten.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:07   Link #43
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
. But, would Luffy care about Ace's power like that?
I was wondering that myself. Luffy is very much a character who lives in the now with high aspirations for the future. True his trademark hat is a testament of his past, but it is is more a representation of his promise for the future. So, I am unsure how he would react that DoFlamingo having the mera mera fruit.

Additionally, I am unclear why DoFlamingo felt the need to keep the fruit in case of Luffy. Did Luffy do anything to warrant DoFlamingo's...whatever emotion or thought-process was required to keep the fruit? Maybe it was a recent acquisition? Still, it seems a little to convenient and story specific.

---

As for the chapter...well, not much to say. Some good humour throughout, but nothing that really sticks out. Some good info throughout, but more tantalizing than shocking (I am a little surprised that Boa is still a Shichibukai). Some solid advancement, though; we now have a clear plan for the action we can expect in the near future and maybe beyond (Zou?).
Old 2013-02-27, 10:10   Link #44
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am surprise by the fact, that Buggy is one of the Shichibukai though was heavily hinted already. Still can't believe it actually came true though I guess it would be most likely.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:11   Link #45
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
(I am a little surprised that Boa is still a Shichibukai).
Why? She messed around with some marine fodder in the war and obstructed Smoker from apprehending Luffy. That's not enough for expulsion fom the shichibukai.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:14   Link #46
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I don't think Roger had the rubber fruit. If he did, you'd think they'd mention that already, especially with how infamous Luffy has gotten.
He was also carrying a sword...Doesn't fit that well,although anything happen,I can't imagine it working out that well.
Unless he ate the fruit by accident or something,like Luffy did.

Anyways i don't think anyone in the crew will even want to eat Ace's fruit.The monster trio won't eat it simply out of pride,the cowards won't eat it because Ace died using it.

Robin,Chopper,Brook and Luffy are auto disqualified because they can't eat more than 1,I think BB managed to somehow absorb Whitebeard's powers using his fruit,i don't really think he ate it.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:17   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I think BB managed to somehow absorb Whitebeard's powers using his fruit,i don't really think he ate it.
It was probably a combination of BB's abnormal body and the darkness fruit that allowed him to acquire WB's quake ability.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:19   Link #48
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I would laugh if Luffy just went "Ace's fruit? So what...it's just a Devil Fruit." and punched Donfla in the face with it.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:21   Link #49
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hmm... so all rookies are targetting Yonkou...
although Strawhat's reason is somewhat the most ridiculous...

Bonnie made her appearance.. yay! she's alive!
and Law left speechless in Sunny... I'm sure he's going to enjoy his time in this alliance

Buggy is shichibukai?? LOL!!!
and I'm anxious to see Luffy's reaction when he saw Mera Mera Fruit
Old 2013-02-27, 10:22   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Why? She messed around with some marine fodder in the war and obstructed Smoker from apprehending Luffy. That's not enough for expulsion fom the shichibukai.
Plus they had already lost Blackbeard, Jinbei and Moriah during this war so they couldn't afford to expel her anyway.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:25   Link #51
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Plus they had already lost Blackbeard, Jinbei and Moriah during this war so they couldn't afford to expel her anyway.
There were some people that believed Kuma was no longer a shichibukai because the shichibukai are comprised of unruly individuals with tendencies for insubordination. After being converted into a full pacifista, this is no longer an issue for Kuma, and thus they felt a slot would be wasted on him. But he's got the two most important ingredients a shichibukai needs, which are reputation and sheer power, and thus that warrants him staying in the ranks.
Old 2013-02-27, 10:39   Link #52
Undertaker

Quote:
Besides, didn't we already knew that she kept her Shikibukai status post-skip?

The whole thing about drop Luffy off and not accompany him and intercepting the Marines when SH sets out?

But Buggy news is great, it's finally confirmed.
Old 2013-02-27, 11:05   Link #53
Kona
Banned

Buggy was the best part now he doesn't have to act dumb and hide his real strength he's been doing the whole time.
Old 2013-02-27, 11:22   Link #54
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It is Absalom, pretty much 99% confirmed.
Check the page where Kid's hideout is shown and Apoo is screaming about discovery of their alliance.

The ship that's sailing away in a hurry? Thriller Bark escape ship.
Oh wow, I did not noticed that. The attention to details that Oda has is impressive as usual.
Old 2013-02-27, 11:31   Link #55
DoubtGin

Also, Absalom is spelled Abusaromu in Romaji, so I think it's a given he's the one.

that's the ship we saw in an early chapter:

Old 2013-02-27, 11:38   Link #56
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
hmm... so all rookies are targetting Yonkou...
although Strawhat's reason is somewhat the most ridiculous...
I wonder why Law is targeting a Yonkou.
Old 2013-02-27, 11:40   Link #57
DoubtGin

what is Apoo doing there
Old 2013-02-27, 11:44   Link #58
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

...Luffy can't eat the Mera Mera fruit. It's already been established for ages that you cannot have two abilities at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by random troll
But what about Blackbeard?
Exception. Rule.

Doflamingo is right though, he IS going to want to make sure no one else gets their hands on that power.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:04   Link #59
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think it would be much more interessting if Franky used the fruit to build something interessting. Like maybe combining the fruit with the ship.
If it comes to actually caring about the fruit, I also hope Franky does something unique with it rather than any of the crew eating the fruit. (Personally, I do not want Luffy to have two fruit powers.)
Old 2013-02-27, 12:32   Link #60
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

What a chapter! Mingo feels like a young luffy who took the wrong path (EVIL).

Ace fruit ability, this is a another twist plot that needs to be known. How did Mingo get it, did he found it OR go through Ace death body like Black Beard did to White Beard?

Law + Luffy crew = moe reaction in anime terms. Everyone loves his reaction to the crazy crew, me included.

Hmm not sure what to say about Law crew, I think introducing them and fighting along side Luffy Crew will take up screen time... I want more One Piece crew OR maybe baby5 time ^_^