AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-02, 12:06   Link #21
Destined_Fate

I'm surprised, considering how things are going the PS3/360 version may actually happen. Guess you cannot underestimate the passion of the fans, huh?

Wonder if they'll consider a Vita version as a possibility since it seems quite a few are requesting it.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 13:59   Link #22
Kafriel
Senior Guest

At any rate, I stand by my previous call, this could be a great game.
Quote:
The whole thing about stealing abilities from regular enemies in addition to bosses may bring Kirby to most people's minds, but some of the later MM games used that idea, as well (like battle chips from the EXE series, Axl's copy shot in the later X titles, or that ability Zero had in MMZ4 where he could grab certain enemies' weapons, etc.). I wonder if they'll also expand on some of the old abilities like sliding, dashing, or charge shots? I'm definitely looking forward to finding out....
Eventually, it will come down to how these abilities are used - to explore previously unreachable places, to defeat particular enemies or just to have fun killing in many different ways?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-09-02 at 17:36.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:11   Link #23
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I see where Mighty's design comes from

Also

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads...4/original.jpg

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-09-02 at 17:38. Reason: Use the images tag!
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:35   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Wonder if they'll consider a Vita version as a possibility since it seems quite a few are requesting it.

My guess is that if this turns into a franchise (which it most likely will), the portable entries will be spinoffs rather than ports. Like how the GB Mega Man games were all different from the main NES titles despite sharing elements like enemies, bosses, music, etc.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-09-02 at 17:36.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 17:25   Link #25
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^Well, the EXE games were significantly different from the zero titles and battlechip challenge was a standalone thing (iirc, it's been like 6 years since I played). Still, spinoffs can have their own charm...anyway, let's see how this one goes, for now! We'll have more material to elaborate on in the future
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 17:45   Link #26
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Eventually, it will come down to how these abilities are used - to explore previously unreachable places, to defeat particular enemies or just to have fun killing in many different ways?
I for one would hope the answer is 'all of the above'... after all, a dash of Metroidvania-style exploration is always welcome. On which note, I suspect 360-degree aiming (in the vein of Abuse and Shadow Complex) would be a welcome addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Also

-image redacted-
Awww, Kodak moment; good find, that.

On yet another note, I can imagine the crow being eaten by whoever at Capcom decided that there wasn't enough interest in a new Megaman/Rockman game...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:58   Link #27
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
My guess is that if this turns into a franchise (which it most likely will), the portable entries will be spinoffs rather than ports. Like how the GB Mega Man games were all different from the main NES titles despite sharing elements like enemies, bosses, music, etc.
Makes me wonder how serious they will make the story for this. They seem to mention something about a Robot vs Robot sport for entertainment?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 22:44   Link #28
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^Well, the EXE games were significantly different from the zero titles and battlechip challenge was a standalone thing (iirc, it's been like 6 years since I played). Still, spinoffs can have their own charm...anyway, let's see how this one goes, for now! We'll have more material to elaborate on in the future

Well, when I mentioned "spinoff", I wasn't referring to the different spinoff series, but specifically the Game Boy installments of the Classic Mega Man games, which had quite a few differences from the six "main" NES titles (the best example being the fifth GB entry, which had the Stardroids as the main foes rather than the standard recycled robot masters). My bad if I didn't phrase myself properly then. Not to say that MN9 getting its own spinoff series would be unexpected, but I think it's a bit too early to speculate THAT far, heh.

Edit: And on the subject of portable entries.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-09-02 at 23:38.
Old 2013-09-03, 07:20   Link #29
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Images
Tribute
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-09-03, 08:30   Link #30
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Can't say I'm a fan of the main character design. It's kind of a mess, but I like the direction they are taking.

The music is the one that won me over this.
Old 2013-09-03, 08:49   Link #31
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Images
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Images
Tribute
Damn onions
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 10:07   Link #32
KBTKaiser

8 stage format confirmed. and 80,000-ish from the next goal too.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 15:52   Link #33
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
I see where Mighty's design comes from

Images
Wow that is somewhat similar. Eerily similar in a kiddish sort of way.

Well regardless, Inafune-sensei is putting alot of love and work into this. It's not Megaman, but after watching the Kickstarter video it truly made me convinced about giving this game the attention and honest try it deserves. I'll definitely be following this, and the concept and the direction is pretty neat. Hope we get to see a Bass like rival character in the long run.

While Inafune-sensei is creating something of unique greatness, Cashcom truly is missing out on it. Oh well, their loss!

Last edited by Kirito; 2013-09-03 at 17:41.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 16:59   Link #34
sayde

Anyone know if the signed signature of the hardcover artbook will actually be *signed* or if the signature will just be mass printed onto these things. Anyone who's seen the list of incentives know what they mean?

This franchise in the making in all honesty, sounds like it could easily become a next great classic. I look forward to future developments.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 20:44   Link #35
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Images
Mighty no.5
Freaking love this design. Really has a classy feel to it and it seems to match what they were going for with this boss: relentless and explosive. I'm guessing his head works like a revolver gun of some sort. lol'd at a few of his early designs (though none of them beat the one with his huge 'machine-gun' next to the bottom-left one ).
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 00:58   Link #36
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What I like about that design is those overwized bullets. Can't predict wether they're stakes or missiles.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 20:54   Link #37
marvelB

Yeah, the new boss looks great. But as far as all of the concept designs go, the one I like best is the one that sorta looks like Classic Search Man (the one standing next to Beck on the lower right-hand corner). Now I'm wondering if one of the Mighty Numbers will be a girl-bot?
Old 2013-09-06, 20:53   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, looking forward to seeing more of the boss designs as we go forward. Some solid looking bosses so far.

Though also looking forward to how Call's design turns out. Already quite a few interesting options out there for her.
Old 2013-09-07, 04:22   Link #39
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Man, I really had doubts about reaching the console stretch goal... But now I have hope XD
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 19:05   Link #40
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Man, I really had doubts about reaching the console stretch goal... But now I have hope XD
I imagine the news announced here might be of help, then.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote