AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-08, 21:20   Link #1021
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The PC Engine did in fact have adult games in CD format which never made it outside Japan (The "Shiawase Usagi" series for example. Google it, but be aware it's NSFW). As far as I know it is the only console system that ever allowed that if you exclude a few "strip poker" and "strip mahjong" games.

At any rate the major point for Peashy representing a PC Engine is the fact that her outfit is clearly reminding a bee, and while nothing connects PC gaming and bees, There is a strong connection with the PC Engine since that's the emblem of Hudson which is responsible for creating the PC Engine's CPU and most of its successful games.
Ah so i was wrong, i always assumed that it was just pc gaming since i've never seen or even heard of the pc engine before
Old 2013-09-08, 21:26   Link #1022
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Ah so i was wrong, i always assumed that it was just pc gaming since i've never seen or even heard of the pc engine before
The PC Engine was pretty popular in Japan, not so much in the rest of the world (In the west it was known as the turbografx), even then a few games that first appeared in the PC Engine, have become popular after being ported onto other consoles:

There's Bomberman, but also Y's which used to be the PC-Engine's RPG as much as Zelda for Nintendo and Phantasy Star for Sega.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
According to this fanart Yellow heart's outfit is based on this model

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-09-08 at 22:53. Reason: A thumbnail makes an overly large image easier to see...
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 23:01   Link #1023
xizro345
King's Justice

Yes, Pish represents the PC Engine. The whole "PC Generation" was a lie done by the localizers of the game to justify their choices.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 00:21   Link #1024
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

if I understand if goddess refused the kingdom of Eden exports sex toys there will be a war?
Old 2013-09-10, 09:15   Link #1025
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Whaaaaaaat?
Old 2013-09-10, 11:41   Link #1026
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
if I understand if goddess refused the kingdom of Eden exports sex toys there will be a war?
Yes, sort of. In this case we're venturing into completely anime-original material, as Edin had a completely different meaning in the game it appears (V).
Old 2013-09-10, 13:57   Link #1027
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

To be really honest, even as a game player, I have extremely hard time to track down the course of events of the anime, due to the plethora of random stuff they thrown there.
Suffice to say, I'm not even sure why they felt the need to use "anime original" and still tracing games' event like that, as it turns out to be a very very awkward melting pot.
Old 2013-09-10, 14:02   Link #1028
xizro345
King's Justice

I personally don't have many issues with the approach, though I think the way they did it can't possibly drag more people in due to incredibly high number of nods to the games.
Old 2013-09-10, 17:13   Link #1029
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Yes, sort of. In this case we're venturing into completely anime-original material, as Edin had a completely different meaning in the game it appears (V).
right after it is no wonder this is Eden Island R-18 normal they want to export this kind of product
Old 2013-09-10, 17:22   Link #1030
kagato3

I'm starting to see the anime as a sequel to V's good ending. And with anonnydeth's unseen backer wanting Rei involved and knowing about Peashy I think I have a good idea both on where this is going and who the trouble maker behind it all is.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 17:30   Link #1031
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I'm starting to see the anime as a sequel to V's good ending. And with anonnydeth's unseen backer wanting Rei involved and knowing about Peashy I think I have a good idea both on where this is going and who the trouble maker behind it all is.
you're lucky to have ever played the game and know all the characters, or even the final boss of the anime
Old 2013-09-10, 17:31   Link #1032
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
If you're thinking who I'm thinking, where this backer get the funding to pay Anonydeath and Rei? Anonydeath did say they were getting paid to do this.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 17:56   Link #1033
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

yeah yeah lucky
Old 2013-09-11, 01:16   Link #1034
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
To be really honest, even as a game player, I have extremely hard time to track down the course of events of the anime, due to the plethora of random stuff they thrown there.
Suffice to say, I'm not even sure why they felt the need to use "anime original" and still tracing games' event like that, as it turns out to be a very very awkward melting pot.
As someone who hasn't played the games, I can safely say that I am enjoying this a LOT. And while I won't say you can't complain, I'd still like to encourage people to not compare the anime to something it's not trying to be.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 05:42   Link #1035
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The game's chronology wouldn't make sense in the anime, so they really shuffled it up to the point not even the gamers know what's going to happen next.

I think that's brilliant.
Old 2013-09-11, 06:43   Link #1036
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
As someone who hasn't played the games, I can safely say that I am enjoying this a LOT. And while I won't say you can't complain, I'd still like to encourage people to not compare the anime to something it's not trying to be.
That's the very problem I have: the anime "tries" not to be the same as the game, but still literally -trace- the game events in a very awkward and messed up way.
If they want an original story, fine. If they want to adapt the game, that's also fine. But don't merge them both like it doesn't make any bloody sense.

In fact, I'd rather have an original plotline, that would not screw its own consistency.
Old 2013-09-11, 08:35   Link #1037
The Green One

Quote:
That's the very problem I have: the anime "tries" not to be the same as the game, but still literally -trace- the game events in a very awkward and messed up way.
If they want an original story, fine. If they want to adapt the game, that's also fine. But don't merge them both like it doesn't make any bloody sense.

In fact, I'd rather have an original plotline, that would not screw its own consistency.
Please explain how paralleling events from the game in it's own way is "Awkward and messed up". You sound like you're a player of the game here and know how the events in question play in the games. What about an anime only viewer? They wouldn't have a parallel to compare it to, how would it be a problem for them? Isn't categorizing it this way a little unreasonable? Also if it's paralleling events from the game, maybe it's also trying to raise interest in the game and attract new players to the series.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 08:39   Link #1038
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
you're lucky to have ever played the game and know all the characters, or even the final boss of the anime
Never got to play it since I don't have a ps3 but there is a pretty good lets play on YouTube.

Nvis well there is one other missing villian from V and they could be the backer but the backer is still getting info about the other demention from somewhere so it still points to the same troublemaker.

klashikari the anime is a pretty intresting it's not trying to be the game at all infact it is something ofan inversion of V and may even be a sequel.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 09:50   Link #1039
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:

The tracing of the game events is not really messed up if you think about it though... (I played the game before.)

Quote:
Never got to play it since I don't have a ps3 but there is a pretty good lets play on YouTube.

Nvis well there is one other missing villain from V and they could be the backer but the backer is still getting info about the other dimension from somewhere so it still points to the same troublemaker.

klashikari the anime is a pretty interesting it's not trying to be the game at all in fact it is something of an inversion of V and may even be a sequel.
Some words fixed for spelling error...

Yeah, there is a thing called youtube. I recommend people to not watch it first if they watched the anime. (Minor spoilers to the anime might be seen from the game.)

I think I got a good idea who... But I wont say. (Who knows how they will do a plot twist on us?)

Not really a sequel, but it is more of a alternate route, for the current arc, though it makes me fully understand about what happened to Peashy, while Episode 3-5 of the anime is actually a simplified version of certain parts from mk2's arc.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2013-09-11 at 10:05.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 10:47   Link #1040
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:

I sort of understand how you feel that way (not entirely), but you seem to be ignoring the fact that this story stands very well on its own without requiring any prior knowledge of the series.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, game