Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-14, 13:23   Link #741
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
This is one change from the manga I actually agree with, I never really lied that they made a big timeskip like that and showed the whole training time in flashbacks (many...many flashbacks). Though it did allow for an immediate jump into action by cutting out the military training...we'll see how they handle it.

For now, I'm loving this show as much as I loved the manga.

Also...MIKASA <3
This is indeed a change that I found great. I wasn't fond of the flashbacks when I was getting so into the action.
Old 2013-04-14, 13:34   Link #742
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

show continues to blow my mind. Mikasa is sweet. love her character type.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 13:45   Link #743
PzIVf3

Im interesting of dreaming of inventing large heavy cannon, mines, toxic bomb against heavy armor titan.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 13:49   Link #744
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Did these people ever think about going underground where the Titans can't get at them?
Or even live off islands. There's gotta be plenty of islands small enough that it won't support the titan's hunger, and people can live off the sea or something.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 14:06   Link #745
Xosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Or even live off islands. There's gotta be plenty of islands small enough that it won't support the titan's hunger, and people can live off the sea or something.
I don't see how you could feed a population of millions living underground....

Islands maybe are ok, but maybe titans can swim?
Xosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 14:07   Link #746
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Assuming the Titans can't swim...or walk on the ocean floor to each island where the humans would be practically defenseless.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 14:28   Link #747
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
We're talking about the same guys who spent most of their days drinking, are you really surprised they became useless once shit went down?
I wouldn't have minded if the sentry guards got a "surprise!" moment while sleeping on the job and only realized the approach of the colossal titan too late, ending with them getting eaten up. This could've been shown in 30 secs or less. But we are basically shown NOTHING. No guards getting munch munched while repairing the wall (and failing to realize the presence of the colossal), no alarms were made.

All we see is the colossal doing a *pops head up* SURPRISE MY MUNCHIES! *kicks hole in the wall*. Ah well, small detail I guess...

On a separate note, the whole "250,000 people sent to drive the titans back" part was clearly the government's way of eliminating the problems of lack of food. Less mouths to feed = no extra food needed to sustain the remaining refugees.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 14:50   Link #748
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Seriously when people said that Eren is the worst Shonen protagonist ?
God , stick with your Narutard crap & drop this....
His character is 10000x times real than your usual Shonen OP MC.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 14:55   Link #749
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
I wouldn't have minded if the sentry guards got a "surprise!" moment while sleeping on the job and only realized the approach of the colossal titan too late, ending with them getting eaten up. This could've been shown in 30 secs or less. But we are basically shown NOTHING. No guards getting munch munched while repairing the wall (and failing to realize the presence of the colossal), no alarms were made.

All we see is the colossal doing a *pops head up* SURPRISE MY MUNCHIES! *kicks hole in the wall*. Ah well, small detail I guess...
Did you forget the lightning? Yeah, those yellowish sparks which looked like they came for the sky (and which triggered a huge explosion) before the colossal titan mysteriously appeared. I think it's pretty much obvious what it was, a hint that suggests the colossal titan appeared out of thin air!
No matter how diligent whoever were guarding could have been, they wouldn't have been able to see it coming, they couldn't have been able to prepare any canon. By the time they could have done anything, the wall's gate would have already been kicked, etc ...
Old 2013-04-14, 14:59   Link #750
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post

The Colossal Titan showed up as quickly as it vanished...and that was intentional. There's a reason why nobody saw it coming.
Old 2013-04-14, 15:06   Link #751
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Spoiler for NSFW in a degree:
OMG! Who the hell would want to sleep with that!!?
Old 2013-04-14, 15:08   Link #752
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I get the impression that the huge, armored Titan is more than it appears to be.

Spoiler for speculation:

I like how Mikasa is way more badass than Eren. I think she'll get through her military training with ease, while it's implied by the preview that he'll suck at everything (but will probably get through by sheer determination eventually).
Old 2013-04-14, 15:09   Link #753
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Assuming the Titans can't swim...or walk on the ocean floor to each island where the humans would be practically defenseless.
Well, they have shown civilians were evacuating in ships rather through by land. Must be a reason why right?

Also, looking at the 'inter-stitial maps' there are a bunch of lines running through a bunch of walls, which leads into big black areas. I'm assuming the latter are lakes while the former are rivers. If the titans haven't invaded through the rivers, how much more through the ocean?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 15:34   Link #754
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
So there do seem to be Titans of varying sizes, some are definitely smaller than others. One was knocked down by the canons, so the canons do seem to work...sometimes.

Wow, 10,000 people were eaten on that day.

Did these people ever think about going underground where the Titans can't get at them?
Spoiler for sort of a spoiler:

Living underground with their level of technology is questionable, to say the least.
Old 2013-04-14, 15:41   Link #755
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Seriously when people said that Eren is the worst Shonen protagonist ?
God , stick with your Narutard crap & drop this....
His character is 10000x times real than your usual Shonen OP MC.
Neuro's the best and he has 100000000x less reality than any of the Shonen protagonists. If only he was in Eren's world...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 15:41   Link #756
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Well, they have shown civilians were evacuating in ships rather through by land. Must be a reason why right?
Because the Titans were being attracted to the gate area where they could be shot down by cannons. They used boats because they were the quickest way out of there as following the river served as the most direct path into the next area.

Quote:
Also, looking at the 'inter-stitial maps' there are a bunch of lines running through a bunch of walls, which leads into big black areas. I'm assuming the latter are lakes while the former are rivers. If the titans haven't invaded through the rivers, how much more through the ocean?
Surely they must have blocked off even the rivers with metal bars and the likes, the wall held out for 100 years and would have lasted longer were it not for the colossal titan, they must have made countermeasures for everything...and not just go "Pfft, bitches can't swim, screw that area."

For now you can only speculate about whether or not they can swim/survive under water as we don't know if either is true.

PS: I believe this isn't considered a spoiler...also since it was early on in the manga but here's a Titan size comparison
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-14, 15:44   Link #757
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
lol now that I'm marathoning the manga I'm having to resist the urge of spoiling people

Really folks,plenty of questions asked here will get answers,just be patient....or not and marathon the manga like I'm doing
Old 2013-04-14, 15:49   Link #758
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
or not and marathon the manga like I'm doing
I don't like the artwork, so nah.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 15:50   Link #759
MartianMage

kk without repeating what have been said thus far...

So that little "flashback" or "dream" sequence with Eren and Mikasa at the barn(?)... so injections and Dad going crazy... sounds like his Dad is doing some experiments of his own on Eren.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 15:57   Link #760
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I don't like the artwork, so nah.
I think its worth it though.
Watching both anime and manga is quite nice. By reading the manga I get to see the most of story faster, but by watching the anime I get to see some interesting and new perspective of the story. The changes they have made so far has been interesting such as bits on Misaka's flashback, which wasn't there in the manga at that point.

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence