Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-07-28, 10:28   Link #1
Harogenki
Victim of Zeta Reticulins

Send a message via AIM to Harogenki
Lightbulb E.F, Zeon, and a whole lot of beam swords

Now I had an import version of "Gundam DX" for my Dreamcast before the poor little guy went crazy and stopped reading discs, it was good, actually it was an excellent game, but like I said my Dreamcast went crazy. Now I have recently purchased the American "Gundam: Federation Vs. Zeon" for Playstation-2, which is pretty much the same game. But unfortunately this game has been tainted by Cartoon Network's version of Mobile Suit Gundam and, if you play the game, its fairly obvious which parts. They've also added in a pointless feature known as Campaign Mode in which, instead of choosing your Mobile Suit freely, you play the same normal arcade missions except they limit which Mobile Suit you can use and if you want another type, you have to have a certain amount of "points". Now I don't know about you, but this seems to me to be another stupid feature tacked on by Cartoon Network. No, I'm not saying I hate the new version, Although it's nothing compared to "Gundam DX", I'm just saying that the American version of this game has been horribly tainted by Cartoon Network, as if Mobile Suit Gundam should be ruined by five year olds. Not that I can do anything about this, but anyways I made this thread for hardcore Mobile Suit Gundam fans to respond with their thoughts on this. No flamers!
Harogenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 22:10   Link #2
Jeebs
Ooga Booga

Send a message via AIM to Jeebs
dude...Cartoon Network is a TV network...I didn't know they made games...or is it cause they don't and you're confused?
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 02:17   Link #3
Harogenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs
dude...Cartoon Network is a TV network...I didn't know they made games...or is it cause they don't and you're confused?
They don't make games your right about that but they do influence and are liscensed (apparently) partly with the "new American" version of the original Mobile Suit Gundam, so therefore when Gundam DX was released in the USA as Gundam: Federation Vs. Zeon they pretty much took over some of the design around their version of Mobile Suit Gundam to make it more familiar to the ignorant masses who only knew the version which was shown on Cartoon Network. Therefore the voices/script of the videogame is now based around that of the new American version. So they had a say in what was in it. Make sense my friend?
Old 2004-07-29, 11:20   Link #4
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
f you want a better game, import Z Gundam AEUG vs. Titans for the PS2. The controls are a lot better. The US version will be Z Gundam DX, but will likely only include the dub and all the character voices have changed. They won't mimic CN though, there won't be a CN showing of Z Gundam.

Also, campaign mode is where you follow the events of the One Year War as played out in MSG. This is present in the Japanese release, and is also a part of Z Gundam. I haven't played the Dreamcast version of the game so it may be something they added to DX. It was released in Japan as Mobile Suit Gundam DX: Federation vs. Zeon (I have the Japanese version of the release.) The points you earn are used to repair suits, and you gain new suits as you play the game.

So yeah, it was altered to match what people were familiar with. If you don't like that, encourage them to add options for fans of the Japanese VAs or buy the imports.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 17:20   Link #5
Harogenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
f you want a better game, import Z Gundam AEUG vs. Titans for the PS2. The controls are a lot better. The US version will be Z Gundam DX, but will likely only include the dub and all the character voices have changed. They won't mimic CN though, there won't be a CN showing of Z Gundam.

Also, campaign mode is where you follow the events of the One Year War as played out in MSG. This is present in the Japanese release, and is also a part of Z Gundam. I haven't played the Dreamcast version of the game so it may be something they added to DX. It was released in Japan as Mobile Suit Gundam DX: Federation vs. Zeon (I have the Japanese version of the release.) The points you earn are used to repair suits, and you gain new suits as you play the game.

So yeah, it was altered to match what people were familiar with. If you don't like that, encourage them to add options for fans of the Japanese VAs or buy the imports.
Blehhh I dought that Z gundam is coming to the US because most people here are to ignorant of gundam to know what Z gundam is, so therefore it'd be stupid to release the game here if most people haven't heard of it.
Old 2004-07-29, 17:50   Link #6
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

well, considering Zeta is licensed, i wouldnt doubt that the game is coming :/
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 18:04   Link #7
Harogenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
well, considering Zeta is licensed, i wouldnt doubt that the game is coming :/
Yes licensed to Japan I didnt say that the game was not coming out in Japan I said not HERE. As in the U S A. And considering they do not sell US licensed Z gundam in the U S then I dought a USA version of Z gundam is coming out in the USA.
Old 2004-07-29, 18:45   Link #8
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Quote:
I dought that Z gundam is coming to the US because most people here are to ignorant of gundam to know what Z gundam is, so therefore it'd be stupid to release the game here if most people haven't heard of it.
It's already slated for a release. Currently it's locked to being out AFTER the TV series, but the TV series was delayed. However, they've already recorded audio for it, so it's just a matter of time.

Quote:
Yes licensed to Japan I didnt say that the game was not coming out in Japan I said not HERE. As in the U S A. And considering they do not sell US licensed Z gundam in the U S then I dought a USA version of Z gundam is coming out in the USA.
It's licensed for release by Bandai, has been for several years, and it's coming (albeit slowly.) But if you're impatient, get a mod and import it.

Me? I'll just keep playing it on my special edition Hyakushiki PS2
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 18:52   Link #9
Imazul

That reminds me of Gundam Battle Assault, when the replace the main female char by Heero Yui and the special Gundam by Gundam Wing.

Stupid americans ruining all the good games with their "version".
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote