AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-26, 23:38   Link #101
Pan chan
I am a slipper :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well just from personal viewing experience think the recent developments will push towards more of a SherylxAlto finish. Has nothing to do with previous Macross series, but just a gut feeling. Just think the Universe isn't kind enough to let Ranka go up to stardom and get the guy she likes on top of it all. If career wise things don't move well for Sheryl would likely still have Alto and is enrolled in that pilot course .
Unfortunatly, I agree. I think she can't win both and I imagine more easily Sheryl giving up her career than Ranka, after all she's just beginning so... And Ranka also has this strange power, too much things on her side, she can't have everything in the end. .

It was a good episode, for once it was nice to see the situation reversed between Sheryl and Ranka. Sheryl did grow on me this episode, but Ranka takes the cake, she was just too cute .

I loled when the Zentradis started having nose bleeds XD.
Old 2008-06-26, 23:56   Link #102
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
well i was thinking it was back stab... because ranka was getting a concert ticket for alto and sheryl said he would go to her concert if ranka ask him... but he went off with sherly instead to another world
Old 2008-06-27, 00:02   Link #103
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I know Minmei was absolutely ghastly in the TV series during her idol stage, but I found Minmei in DYRL to be breathtaking. I was glad Hikaru ended up with Misa in the TV series, but I couldn't be that resolute when it came to DYRL!Minmei, because Kawamori really did mold her into this lovely thing who got the short end of the stick.
I wouldn't really say so... DYRL Hikaru was... pretty much a d-bag all the way through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Given that DYRL was basically in-universe propaganda, I tend to stick with the original TV series as the 'canon' version of how things went (especially once you got Macronizing Max Jenius in the movie).... and as a result, I find the whole 'Minmay turning into a real incestuous bitch' thing rather... well, I suppose it was realistic and inevitable, given her emotional immaturity at the start of the series and how she suddenly rocketed to fame without any grounding influences, but still unpleasant to watch the naive but selfish girl turn into the jaded, selfish diva towards the end.
I don't know if I'd call her selfish per se, maybe... misguided? She never could really stand up for herself, or on her own really. She went from being the flighty social butterfly girl working at Nyan Nyan to being Miss Macross and being famous to being abused by alcoholic Kaifun, and finally, when Kaifun ditched her, she ended up... at Hikaru's place. For some reason I can't stop thinking about Forrest Gump in comparison.

Regardless, the first time I watched Macross (having grown up with Robotech) it had been a good few years since I saw RT, but couldn't help but notice how differently she was portrayed. She really is sweet, and caring in comparison, yet... completely f'ed up just the same.

Either way, this series, Alto = Minmay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I feel so guilty watching this episode. On one hand, Ranka's debut took everyone by surprise, and she was gorgeously CUTE! *wipe away nosebleed*

Then camera zooms on a calm but obviously worried Sheryl, and suddenly my heart sank...
I was really pissed at Sheryl for her c***block last week, if just for the sheer sake of the fact that you can't make the man choose you at episode 11!!!!!!111!!111!!!!! but I digress. I don't so much feel bad for Sheryl so much as I'm happy to see her really opening up, regardless of how hard it might be right now.

Oh ya, and... RANKA ATTACK!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!1
Old 2008-06-27, 00:12   Link #104
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

I have to admit, ever since seeing episode 3, I've been all for an Alto-Sheryl pairing. But if there's one episode that has suddenly made me a big fan of Ranka, ep12 is DEFINITELY the one that does!

So whoever gets Alto at the end, she'll have my blessings!
Old 2008-06-27, 00:50   Link #105
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Lynn Minmey reference ..Sound Energy speakers... and appearance of another Macross and maybe a Bird Man?! this episode makes macross fanboys wet...
Old 2008-06-27, 01:10   Link #106
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Omg when I was watching this I was like seriously who would fly INTO A BATTLEFIELD...and start singing seriously what physco would do that lol.

Sheryl: on her side totally jealous and or just really pissed off that she didn't get to sing and that Ranka got to take her spotlight. Good advance onto Alto not really much her trying but clinging to him because she was sick and wanted someone close to her to help.

Alto: Yay he actually might of realized what Sheryl why Sheryl clung to him when she was in the bed perhaps he isn't completly friggen oblvious. More stuff with Ranka good relationship upgrade...still feel he could probably gone on a blood frenzy when he was fighting that dude and gone insane on his ass ( like a Seed braking ). But yah good relationship upgrades mostly for Ranka though *scowls*

Ranka: Seriously like I said the singing thing into a battlefield and coming in saying about the birthday present was kinda gay. But yea really good development for her upgrade on the AltoxRanka relationship now she has a military fan base from the Zentradi lol yippie? First song before Aimo I liked it was nice, if any one knows song name please say.

But all and all id give this episode 9/10...accidently put 10/10 <.<
Old 2008-06-27, 01:13   Link #107
SymphonicRain

Quote:
First song before Aimo I liked it was nice, if any one knows song name please say.
Should be "Interstellar Flight".
Old 2008-06-27, 01:14   Link #108
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Ah thank you SymphonicRain ^.^
Old 2008-06-27, 01:17   Link #109
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

You know, I was expecting for Alto VF to somewhat broken after he bull slammed his VF to save Ranka ..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-06-27, 01:19   Link #110
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Damnit FanSubs.. hurry up!

Edit add: Wow. Ask and ye shall receive. In less than 2 hours. Pretty good.

Last edited by kilroy0097; 2008-06-27 at 02:44.
Old 2008-06-27, 01:19   Link #111
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Lol I think hes trying to work on not spending 100,000$ in repairs just to take out one guy. Vajra GO BOOM BOOM!!!. But yah lol he charged at him at what looked like full speed
Old 2008-06-27, 01:23   Link #112
SymphonicRain

Chihiro fansub's out.
Old 2008-06-27, 01:25   Link #113
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Hmmm I don't know any japanese but just because ive been watching it for years I dont know if it was just a simple episode to explain but didn't need subs to understand what was going on XD yay 10/10 for me lol
Old 2008-06-27, 01:33   Link #114
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Chihiro fansub's out.
Damn thats fast. btw does AiA & I-Z still sub this?
Old 2008-06-27, 01:41   Link #115
ReddyRedWolf

Question: Are all Exsedol clones updated with idol information?

Poor guy not one girl in a bikini or a bridge bunny in sight.
Old 2008-06-27, 02:19   Link #116
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
Damn thats fast. btw does AiA & I-Z still sub this?
AiA&I-Z stopped with #10.

Your best bet is to stick with chihiro, lunar, or shinsen.
Old 2008-06-27, 02:27   Link #117
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Westlo's on! I smell an explosion.
Everyone knows my stance on the triangle and how I think it will play out so I won't bother repeating myself. (truthfully though i haven't watched the subs yet and I'm too busy talking about the nba draft on other forums. (yes we got beasley!, wow @ bayliss slipping to 11, damn @ portland trading for him, that team is going to be a problem..) I will say this though... this episode just convinces me I'm on the right path in predicting how things will play out, as I'm sure next episode will as does the episode 15 synopsis...

wtf @ the Macross at the end though...
Old 2008-06-27, 02:31   Link #118
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post

Officially stop or just on hiatus?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-06-27, 02:32   Link #119
deffusse
otaku[SK]

YEAH hell yeah, *do you remember love ending* ...... Anyways is there full version of this ranka_chan ED theme out ??
Old 2008-06-27, 02:37   Link #120
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post

Damn bit of a bummer, loved the quality/size ratio with AiA&I-Z
prob switch to chihiro then

Can't wait till i see it tonight, been a long time since i was this anxious for a new episode from a series.
Closed Thread