AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-13, 11:37   Link #1241
Simonsy

well i didn't like the second episode. it was a great episode yes, but it just had this whole first episode vibe going on.

really felt like episode 1 & 2 should have been joined and had an hour long episode to kick off show.

Though i guess this is only 12 episode series, so kind of kicks their ass if they do something like that. Here's to hoping they don't make up their own ending and leave it so that they can make a second season when further manga material is out.

Really pissed they just went off on tangent in qwaser. Despite the ecchi it was actually a pretty decent series.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 11:37   Link #1242
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I'll never understand Japan's fetish for humongous breasts. In real life, those would give the bearer of such a massive backache and I'm sure that having them bounce all the time (if that's even possible) would make that area quite painful as well.

Anyway, Saya and Kohta are the most interesting characters so far. Am looking forward to more of these two.
Old 2010-07-13, 11:49   Link #1243
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I hope it's not like in Resident Evil. An accidental infection from someone playing in their basement laboratory is more fun. But then again, without a company making the virus the hope of an antivirus of some sort is null. Not that any zombie apocalypse has hope of recovery. It's get the clean people who can mate to some remote area of the world and live the rest of your lives.
Some impressive discoveries are made by accident so it's possible that someone came up with this on their own. Though could be interesting if some psycotic group decided to just remove humanity by unleashing this everywhere they could. Suppose it could also be a weird kind of world domination. Eliminate most of humanity and be left as the ruler of what remains. Regardless you are right about what has to be done. All you can do is get somewhere remote and hide out until every last one of "them" are gone.
Old 2010-07-13, 11:56   Link #1244
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
Not enough material? There's quite a bit of chapters to cover at the pace the anime is going with barely a filler, and that's not counting the silly extra bits.
at this pace wouldn't it end around chapter 18,19?
Old 2010-07-13, 12:00   Link #1245
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually liked how both Rei and Takashi 'calmed' down, as its outright stated by Takashi that its just a front from his internal monologue, and implied for Rei through her uneasiness of talking about her EX-boyfriend (sorry, can't help but emphasize the DEAD part lol). So they put it on hold because there are bigger fish to fry, or so to speak.

Can't wait for the time when they have the time to rest and these issues come up again. Ohhh, the conflict and the drama that arises from it!

On the otherhand, I'm impressed by the ingenuity of Hirano. Don't know enough about real world tools to figure out whether or not it is actually possible, but it looks cool enough.

Sadly, didn't get much out of the katana girl. Heck, tsundere Saya made more of an impression for me and I like her more than katana girl... and that's saying something because its been established in episode 1 she's interested in Takashi and thus a hindrance to my ship lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnoctis93 View Post
I really like Rei surprisingly. At first I disliked her alot but now she's starting to become one of my favorites. I hope we get to see more with her and takashi together.
You and me both, buddy. Osananajimi FTW! ^_^

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 12:52   Link #1246
Jze0
Hmmm...

Two episodes in and I'm fairly happy with the way things are going compared to the original source. Its so close that I don't see any added filler scenes anywhere (a good thing I presume)... Well, I hope things continue the way they have and I can't wait for certain scenes later to come up.
Old 2010-07-13, 12:53   Link #1247
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch Ep 2 .

Great as the first , animation is the best . Less Fanservice

The best "lol" part for me was while Sensei was doing her promo-breast , the student was fighting the hell near

Anyway , all chars were amazing except Sensei who was dumb , Saeko ftw !
Hirano is a "military nerd" , his nail gun was awesome .
Damn Saya , this spoiled child "MOMMYYYYYYYYYY" , you did well to survive . She needs a giga drill breaker

Can't wait for next ep .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 13:01   Link #1248
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
She needs a giga drill breaker
Shouldnt be that hard, she got Yoko, Nia AND Viral close by
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 13:03   Link #1249
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Got to it before i could.

Though i'm surprised that's the first Gurren Lagann related joke we've had.
Old 2010-07-13, 13:12   Link #1250
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
The best "lol" part for me was while Sensei was doing
That poor guy...she didn't even know his name either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Got to it before i could.

Though i'm surprised that's the first Gurren Lagann related joke we've had.
Haha. I haven't seen Gurren Lagann is so long, I don't even recognize them. But it's always funny when so many voice actors from one series makes it to the another.
Old 2010-07-13, 13:26   Link #1251
bigdeath

Bouncing boobies or zombies or characters being badass, whats the difference? Its all fanservice in the end.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 13:42   Link #1252
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Some impressive discoveries are made by accident so it's possible that someone came up with this on their own. Though could be interesting if some psycotic group decided to just remove humanity by unleashing this everywhere they could. Suppose it could also be a weird kind of world domination. Eliminate most of humanity and be left as the ruler of what remains. Regardless you are right about what has to be done. All you can do is get somewhere remote and hide out until every last one of "them" are gone.
That's the best course of action to stay alive for a time but make no mistakes: in a non-contained zombie outbreak the zombies win, end of story. They don't need to sleep, they don't feel fear, pain, cold or any emotions whatsoever so the human is always the underdog. They also have superhuman strength (on account of not felling a thing hence being able to use the body to limits a human wouldn't be able to bare) and very keen hearing as shown in both episodes so far so they can be nearly impossible to deal with if they get to you. (damn, I think I know way too much about zombies... amen to the zombie survival guide )

But I'm also curious on how the infection spread so far so fast. Zombies are pretty slow moving and the bodies don't stay inanimate for very long in the show so there's not much chance of the bodies being moved long distances before waking up... My guess would probably be terrorism since an experiment gone wrong would probably not show that much spread in such a short time.
Old 2010-07-13, 14:12   Link #1253
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
well i didn't like the second episode. it was a great episode yes, but it just had this whole first episode vibe going on.

really felt like episode 1 & 2 should have been joined and had an hour long episode to kick off show.

Though i guess this is only 12 episode series, so kind of kicks their ass if they do something like that. Here's to hoping they don't make up their own ending and leave it so that they can make a second season when further manga material is out.

Really pissed they just went off on tangent in qwaser. Despite the ecchi it was actually a pretty decent series.
I see where youre coming from but i have to disagree. Because there is good reason for similar feelings from episode 1-2. Remember this outbreak happen very fast we are still in the same day as the first episode only a couple of hours probably have gone by. This way it feels like a continuation instead of just an episode. But yes you are right since its only 12 episodes it makes no sense to do a hour long special. Very rarely do pilot episodes get a 1 hour air time. As for a second season well thats going to be tough one i think we will know once we reach a certain arc (im sure you know which one im talking about) if we will actually see a 2nd season. I have high hope since i think DVD sales for HOTD is going to be pretty good. Violence combined with pretty girls, zombies and boobs usually sale very well.
Old 2010-07-13, 14:25   Link #1254
ninja_pintu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
My guess would probably be terrorism since an experiment gone wrong would probably not show that much spread in such a short time.
My guess is that the author didn't think of such details
Old 2010-07-13, 14:47   Link #1255
animeboy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I'll never understand Japan's fetish for humongous breasts. In real life, those would give the bearer of such a massive backache and I'm sure that having them bounce all the time (if that's even possible) would make that area quite painful as well.

Anyway, Saya and Kohta are the most interesting characters so far. Am looking forward to more of these two.
pfft.. Huge breasts is a pretty universal fetish.
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 17:06   Link #1256
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I'm stunned people are complaining about the bouncy boob sound effects, and the giant boobies in general. The manga is nothing but a giant hot chick/panty shot/zombie fan service wank off, which isn't surprising at all seeing as the mangaka is more known for his hentai manga. I'm sure theres much much more where this came from, if you've got a problem with it you're watching the wrong anime.
Old 2010-07-13, 17:10   Link #1257
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
I'm stunned people are complaining about the bouncy boob sound effects, and the giant boobies in general. The manga is nothing but a giant hot chick/panty shot/zombie fan service wank off, which isn't surprising at all seeing as the mangaka is more known for his hentai manga. I'm sure theres much much more where this came from, if you've got a problem with it you're watching the wrong anime.
The thing is, those sounds are jarring and out-of-place. It's not the fanservice which is strange [well, it is to some people]; those sounds can almost be considered a separate issue from the fanservice in this series.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 17:13   Link #1258
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
OMFG I THOUGHT I HEARD THEIR VOICES! I wasn't sure though! So EPIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Haha. I haven't seen Gurren Lagann is so long, I don't even recognize them. But it's always funny when so many voice actors from one series makes it to the another.
This is unacceptable. I will never forget TTGL as long as I am alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
Agreed. Can't a man dream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Amen. + Giant boobies are win.
Old 2010-07-13, 17:17   Link #1259
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
The thing is, those sounds are jarring and out-of-place. It's not the fanservice which is strange [well, it is to some people]; those sounds can almost be considered a separate issue from the fanservice in this series.
I think they were fine as it's the episode introducing her. If it happens often throughout the series, then it would be kind of jarring. I can see it happening often though....
Old 2010-07-13, 17:37   Link #1260
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
My guess is that the author didn't think of such details
I was thinking that too. I'm sure the director isn't thinking about it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
They are so universal they don't classify as a fetish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
This is unacceptable. I will never forget TTGL as long as I am alive.
Sorry man, but it's been years. I can't remember every single voice. I can only call out a few by name, like Mizuki Nana, but others I will recognize but won't know their name. I'm good with actor faces though.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse