AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-26, 07:00   Link #3181
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Yeah, but not for another 50,000 years.
Doesn't matter. The world is better off without the crucible. Mutating the entire galaxy against their will into being metal bio hybrids is simply not an option. It is the right thing to refuse.

The "Child" is the villain. Thus he must be defeated, not obeyed. If it takes a long time to defeat him, then so be it. No point taking the short cut if it is WRONG.

EDIT: In short, Shepard failed because he DID. Assuming nothing else changed, the game assumes that Shepard simply was unable to defeat the ultimate threat. You have only two options; kiss the pinky ring of the bad guy and surrender, or pass your knowledge to future civilisations so they can try again.

Consider the fact that Shepard only got this far because of what others have left behind for him, it is only fair that he does the same for his replacement. Shepard isn't The Chosen One. He thought he was, but he wasn't strong enough.

Hence I don't have a problem with them all dying. Fight and die on your feet, and all that.
Old 2012-06-26, 07:07   Link #3182
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wow... Anyone else get the feeling that Jen half assed those lines? >-> it just felt... rushed. I'm afraid to even hear male sheps.
Old 2012-06-26, 08:21   Link #3183
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Extended:
Old 2012-06-26, 08:21   Link #3184
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Haha... so basically what I got from the EC endings

Spoiler:
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 09:30   Link #3185
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

EC did nothing for me, I am still mad at the ending
Stupid God child >.<
Old 2012-06-26, 09:33   Link #3186
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So basically, its the end of Shepard's story, but the Story of Life continues. To be fair, this story never was Gurren Lagann, so something like this made sense.

Damn it though, EA's still trying to con us with more money-grabbing tactics. This blatantly sets up more Mass Effect milking for the future.

However, this now perfectly lines up with several anime-type storylines...
Old 2012-06-26, 12:04   Link #3187
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Good the extended ending has been released, now the internet can stop whining abouAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO!

Still don't know why they bothered expending resources on this extended cut as they should know, they should really really know by now that it's not even about the game anymore, it's bigger than that, it's an internet bitch fit. Only way to stop those is for people to forget about em' over time....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 12:28   Link #3188
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

All they did was show a little and said a lot aboht after the war..... WE DONT CARE ABOUT THEM! We dont care if guy#11223 rebuilt his home. What is the crew doing now? Did shepard live? Fuckin A... a tiny clip of LI putting a name on the wall ddoeant answer shit.
Old 2012-06-26, 12:34   Link #3189
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Wow... the ending is even more terrible now. The dialog there is GW2 quest dialog quality.

Quote:
This blatantly sets up more Mass Effect milking for the future.
If they had just went with the indoctrination theory they would have had milking territory supreme; now though they've just degraded the game into nonsense.
Old 2012-06-26, 13:07   Link #3190
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Ok the fact that they had to change details like showing the Relays NOT blowing up but simply just breaking a bit shows that they really did screwed up in telling the ending.

I mean had they gone with this route in the extended DLC instead the fire and rage wouldn't have been as bad as it was.

Regardless though the ending is better fleshed out. As others have stated, it's gone from F to a C.

Though I'm a little ticked off that Mass Effect ended up being a Synthetic vs. Organics when that wasn't what happened in the first two series.....

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2012-06-26 at 13:18.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 13:17   Link #3191
Xion Valkyrie

So 4th choice is TRUE END?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 13:22   Link #3192
Aqua Knight

Eternal.Infinite.Immortal. Commander Shepard.

After EC Control and Synthesis choices seem so much better.
But still for 3 out 4 endings the same pictures are used. And that's disappointing.

And there are no normal boss fights in the game.
Certainly, EC did improve the endings but not by much.
Old 2012-06-26, 13:22   Link #3193
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

*claps hands slowly* Great job, Bioware. You go to show how bad you've become. Jesus christ. It isn't THAT hard to write something decent.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 13:26   Link #3194
zibi88

I guess the red end is the best... since sheps name is not placed on the "dead for sure" wall...but still it felt way to shallow... I mean we got the "whole reace" thing... but we didnt get what happened to each individual after all this... did they get kids or what they are doing...

sadly no "good ending for shep" in all those endings... seriously doesnt shep deserve a normal life with the love interest at the end.... he already died in ME2 so why kill him again ;/ he saved the universe he should get a peacefull life... build tali a house... get kids with liara or something.... but in all ok he sacraficed himself but its just sad that after all this he just died and left everyone behind sad (love interest the most)

I would be glad if they trashed the whole god child thing and did the indoctrination path... blow up the reapers and go to a bar and drink with garrus as promised....

but well they forgot to explain in those endings 1thing.... "HOW THE HELL DID MY CREW DISAPPEAR FROM EARTH SURFACE AND APPEARED ON NORMANDY" joker was fighiting as he got the command to run away... so when did he warp up those crew members (not mention why didnt they follow shep inside the obelisk if they had enought strenght to go back to the normandy)..... this still doesnt make sense...

so its a full "already crappy" ending resolving
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 13:55   Link #3195
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Though I'm a little ticked off that Mass Effect ended up being a Synthetic vs. Organics when that wasn't what happened in the first two series.....
While not the main message, Synthetics have been the main antagonist throughout the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
So 4th choice is TRUE END?
Seems to be the best ending, but only a sequel or a direct director quote can tell you if it is the True Ending, and so far nothing has been revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I guess the red end is the best... since sheps name is not placed on the "dead for sure" wall...but still it felt way to shallow... I mean we got the "whole reace" thing... but we didnt get what happened to each individual after all this... did they get kids or what they are doing...
For me, Shepard living or dying was never a component of a "good" or "bad" ending. Rather, it is what comes afterward.

---

I like the new ending (there were really only 4 choices Shepard could make in this instance (destruction, control, compromise and now nothing), and the extra ending now provides the missing 4th choice), but it feels less organic when mixed with the other three choices.

Specifically, the other choices, while out of the blue (besides the basic idea of a choice which was the focal point of the series), still retained coherency with the newly revealed starchild character. But, the new ending, with the Harbinger voice, direct contradicts the other 3 endings, creating a disconnect between the original choices and the new choice.

Whereas before each choice was the focus of the end, now the starchild takes a more central role since, besides offering the option of choice, it now has the added dimension of potentially being false. For better or worse, the 3 initial choices could at least be taken at face value (unless you were a conspiracy theorist), but now with the Harbinger voice, those initial choices must automatically be considered 'evil', whereas before they were simply options for an unknown future. Consequently, the only "good" ending is now the 4th ending, because the other 3 have become "bad" endings (unnecessarily in my opinion).

Still, I do like the idea of continuing the series with different lifeforms. (The worst move that Bioware could make is to have Shepard discovered in stasis 50,000 years later, and he will redo everything all over again (ala Javik (?)).)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 14:03   Link #3196
Destined_Fate

The new ending seemed tacked on because of their displeasure over fans hating the other 3 bad endings. So they said "Okay, don't pick our choices. Now everyone dies and you never meeting your squad members again either!". They shouldn't have even bothered, the EC didn't address anything that was wrong with the current endings at all or gave anyone closure.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 14:26   Link #3197
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

All Bioware achieved with these new endings is concede that the originals were in fact as shit as the fanbase were whining about.

Can we all move on now? Please?
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 14:33   Link #3198
Destined_Fate

The EC just came out, people are going to talk about it anyway. Besides, all this does is tell people never to pre-order from Bioware again, wait a year if you even think of buying their products, don't expect quality products from them in the foreseeable future, and that they're extremely bitter over the ending backlash still.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 14:36   Link #3199
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

anyone find a youtube video of the destroy EC with tali romance?
Old 2012-06-26, 15:40   Link #3200
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The new ending seemed tacked on because of their displeasure over fans hating the other 3 bad endings. So they said "Okay, don't pick our choices. Now everyone dies and you never meeting your squad members again either!". They shouldn't have even bothered, the EC didn't address anything that was wrong with the current endings at all or gave anyone closure.
That might have been their intentional but the way the refusal ending plays out, it solidifies the indoctrination theory in that the only correct choice is to refuse the reaper choices. You die, but you die free and you left the most comprehensive archive on the Reapers to the next cycle.

All the other 3 choices are now just variations on being indoctrinated. It's probably just a simulation that plays out for everyone that's been assimilated into the new 'Human' Reaper while the cycle continues.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass