AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-11-10, 10:32   Link #2801
InfiniteNine

Well looks like I got EP4 running on my PSP 3000 with the latest ONScripter for PSP build. Seems the green text that was added doesn't show up and just displays the color code beforehand, but red text shows with a few random characters beforehand. I'm going to go through and read some of the chapters to see if there are any problems with it running.

I was also wondering if it would be a problem to convert the EP1 demo to use with the PSP and release it publicly? I wanted to get Witch Hunt's permission before hand before I try doing anything. I probably won't release later EPs due to piracy.

Also would anyone happen to know how I can get back to the XMB from ONscripter for PSP? I don't have to have to go into ChickHEN every time I read Umineko on a trip.

Spoiler for EP4 on PSP:
InfiniteNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 17:09   Link #2802
Number1-Syaoran-Fan
Your's In Gold, Beatrice

Sweet! I just started on AnimeSuki more or less to follow this thread! Cheers to Witch Hunt!

"I... I really like your bow."
Number1-Syaoran-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 19:57   Link #2803
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteNine View Post
I was also wondering if it would be a problem to convert the EP1 demo to use with the PSP and release it publicly? I wanted to get Witch Hunt's permission before hand before I try doing anything. I probably won't release later EPs due to piracy.
Well, if you had to ask someone's permission, it'd more likely be Ryu07 than us...
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 20:14   Link #2804
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteNine View Post
As ktern said, 07th Expansion is the group whose permission you'll have to seek. Also, anything you do with this is your own responsibility. We aren't in a position where we can give permission, but we're also not in a position where we can do anything about it. So you're on your own.

We do ask that you never include anything beyond the first Episode in anything available freely over the internet, and that you ask 07th Expansion's permission before making anything publicly available.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 20:25   Link #2805
GyroidFanatic

It might be better just to make a script that takes an installed PC version and converts it to the PSP format.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 20:47   Link #2806
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I don't know much about PSP's but you have to consider that you should be able to run ONScripter on non-modified PSPs for this to be legal.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 21:06   Link #2807
DentD

Sony doesn't want you to think so, but using PSP for homebrew applications is legitimate. You paid for the hardware, it is yours to use as you please. Homebrew =! Copyright Breaking.
DentD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 21:12   Link #2808
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmaruhibikiya View Post
Thank you.
Yeah, the problem is still there.
I'd tried compiling the source and the binary for ubuntu.
Hi again ranmaruhibikiya,

Thanks for trying out the build. Can you post a few lines of text from the page before the bug occurs? I want to see what command might be causing the problem.

Thanks,
"Uncle" Mion
Old 2009-11-10, 21:17   Link #2809
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
ranmaruhibikiya: Contact me on YIM if you can.

Mion: During the tea party, there are some spots when it shows a greatly zoomed in Battler and Beatrice. Battler's image wraps around the screen. Is this correct behavior?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 22:23   Link #2810
Ziren

I know numeric updates are supposed to mean nothing, but I can't help but feel excited at the 75 + 40% on the website. Keep up the good work!
Ziren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 23:15   Link #2811
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post

Mion: During the tea party, there are some spots when it shows a greatly zoomed in Battler and Beatrice. Battler's image wraps around the screen. Is this correct behavior?
rogerpepitone, exactly which tea party are you referring to?

"Uncle" Mion
Old 2009-11-11, 03:49   Link #2812
Rei-Tenshi

Hi Mion,

Rogerpepitone was referring to EP4's Tea Party.
I'm pretty sure that it didn't happen on previous onscripter builds.
Here's a sample image:
Spoiler for Image of error:

Also, I was trying out the new window-width command, and when I tried inputting a higher value than the default, it would slow down a bit (most noticeable when holding Ctrl).
Does this new command require a REALLY powerful cpu? I'm currently testing it out on a 2.1Ghz Core2 Duo laptop.
Rei-Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 08:53   Link #2813
~Ayane~

yay`EP6!!!!
are there any other shops than Himeya to order Umineko games?
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 09:48   Link #2814
ranmaruhibikiya

Send a message via Yahoo to ranmaruhibikiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post

Hi.
Sorry, I haven't YIM, just using gmail and "gtalk" with pidgin.
Both tea party (humans and no humans) later the 1st ep works, but 2nd ep when the children goes to chapel and see the 6 adults killed, after that battler discuss with beatrice, and when battler cry, the previous error that I mention is showed. I don't know if is for some effect, zoom to graphics or something like that because I can't read after that and don't want to read spoilers
ranmaruhibikiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 12:30   Link #2815
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
ranmaruhibikiya's problem was due to a bad "arc1.nsa" file. Replacing it fixed the problem.

What data is stored in arc1.nsa between 2000000 and 3000000? Is the file record or image data for "bmp\\TATI\\BEA\\1\\BEA_AkuwaraiA5.bmp" stored there?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 12:32   Link #2816
ranmaruhibikiya

Send a message via Yahoo to ranmaruhibikiya
Many thanks to Mion and specially to rogerpepitone who help me a lot and resolve my problem, I can read umineko again!
The problem was an arc1.nsa corrupted.
ranmaruhibikiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 00:48   Link #2817
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Chronotrig, is Warugiria official now?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/316/warugiria.png

Last edited by Starks; 2009-11-12 at 01:05.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 01:14   Link #2818
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Chronotrig, is Warugiria official now?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/316/warugiria.png
ワルギリア(katakana) is warugiria(romaji)

However, her name is Virgilia.

Chronotrig said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
they spelled Virgilia's name wrong...
Old 2009-11-12, 01:36   Link #2819
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
To elaborate more, Virgilia's name was derived from Dante's Divine Comedy character "Virgil" (don't remember about the anime but the VN definitely gave this information), so it makes more sense to translate (ワル)ギリア to (Vir)gilia than (Waru)gilia since the origin of the name was already mapped out in the VN itself.

Thus, it really is a misspelling by the anime. And no, this is practically quite normal typos in anime especially when they have to romanize katakana (i.e, for Macross Frontier: officially Sheryl Nome⇒Sheryl Noam in one of signboard or whatever it is, also more on old animes that has English writings I think.)

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 01:39   Link #2820
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Tenshi View Post
Hi Mion,
Rogerpepitone was referring to EP4's Tea Party.
I'm pretty sure that it didn't happen on previous onscripter builds.
I'm pretty sure that's intentional. It does what the script specifies, at least.

Edit: I thought you were referring to the fact that the characters were just drawn zoomed way in, but going back and reading messages again, I see what you're talking about: the part of Battler's head that 's cut off on the left side of the screen has wrapped around to the right side. Yep, that's a bug.

Quote:
Also, I was trying out the new window-width command, and when I tried inputting a higher value than the default, it would slow down a bit (most noticeable when holding Ctrl).
Does this new command require a REALLY powerful cpu? I'm currently testing it out on a 2.1Ghz Core2 Duo laptop.
It does require a bit more work to scale the images, but it shouldn't require a super-fast CPU (I'd expect your 2.1 GHz C2D should be able to handle it just fine.) How much slowdown were you experiencing, and what OS are you running on?
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation