AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-07-11, 09:44   Link #3701
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
During this crisis ... apparently ... it's really important to tell these minor characters that haven't been in the story for 200+ chapters now ... Ichigo is not going to be seeing them ... This is a great start for the new commander wasting his time. With all these stupid chapters and idiocy from ss, I'm really starting to root for Quincies to win and just erase soul society.
Considering they almost got raped by Aizen, I think it's worthy enough to at least acknowledge them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Too much jumping around this chapter. Just hope Kyouraku's message is something more...
Also, this.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 19:54   Link #3702
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I'm thinking that it's probably to let them know what's going on and that Ichigo won't be returning.

They are Ichigo's friends...and I have a feeling that sooner or later, Bach will target Ichigo's associates and even family in order to blackmail him into joining the VR.

That being said, Rukia and Nii came back quicker than I thought they would. I figured Kubo wouldn't let Nii back for some time...

So the lady RG don't get any cool powers to do other than make shinigami robes or cook........
Old 2013-07-11, 20:06   Link #3703
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh that's cute, you are being really freakin rude.
Name me one major thing Chad has done. He beat up an Arrancar....and that's all I remember offhand. He almost got killed by Nnoitra, got brainwashed in the FB arc and already nearly got killed instantly again in this arc by Opie. The FB arc was supposed to be his BIG arc but the Shinigami made damn sure that it wasn't meant to be.

Unless he did something in the early SS arc. I think he got beat by Kyoraku but I don't remember if he did anything before that. I"m not being a troll either...I really don't remember so feel free to correct me.

Maybe Kubo will give him a powerup. That would be quite nice...but I sincerely doubt it at this rate.

Quote:
But you think the quincy girls are going to last a chapter or two? I hope its Orihime that makes them not exist anymore.
Normally I'd say she probably could take them out, but with the way Kubo has overpowered the VR, I don't know. As long as they didn't take her shield or pull what Opie did, then maybe Orihime could stand against them.

But like I said, the minute the bigger players arrive like Bambi or that one who shot Kira in the head? Nope. Those two are dead meat.

Quote:
If chad won't be able to do anything, why did they bring back the fullbringers? they will easily be dispatched too.
Well put it this way: Who are the fans going to mourn more? People who've been in the story since the beginning or a bunch of posers who lasted one arc and all got instapwned(except Riruka)?

I'm guessing this is Kubo's way of being able to kill as many people as he can get away with without pissing off the diehards like those who had a cow when Byakuya was first killed off.
Old 2013-07-11, 21:04   Link #3704
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh yea, chad isn't gonna get any power up. He's Mexican and we all know kubo doesn't care to give them much development. That and women.
Old 2013-07-12, 11:55   Link #3705
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh yea, chad isn't gonna get any power up. He's Mexican and we all know kubo doesn't care to give them much development. That and women.
Pretty much....

Don't forget if you're a brotha, you're doomed too! *see Yammy, Halibel,Yoruichi...
Old 2013-07-12, 12:25   Link #3706
Xagzan

Hi guys, just thought I'd swing by cause I heard a lot of breast talk about these latest chapters, which reminded me I should check in to see if adult Nel had appeared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I'm guessing this is Kubo's way of being able to kill as many people as he can get away with without pissing off the diehards like those who had a cow when Byakuya was first killed off.
Byakuya's "death" scene was still better than Yamamoto's or--did they reveal whether Unohana really died, actually? That was the last straw where I stopped reading.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 14:45   Link #3707
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post

Byakuya's "death" scene was still better than Yamamoto's or--did they reveal whether Unohana really died, actually? That was the last straw where I stopped reading.
She hasn't reappeared yet so for now, I"m putting her in the 'Dead' pile.

I have a sad feeling that Uryu will be the next to go so Ichigo can get a powerup.
Old 2013-07-12, 14:59   Link #3708
itachi-san314

Quote:
She hasn't reappeared yet so for now, I"m putting her in the 'Dead' pile.
yea, she is very likely dead. her death actually meant something and was critical to another character's development. the only thing giving her any hope is that this is bleach and kubo doesn't care about making the present jive with the past.

Quote:
I have a sad feeling that Uryu will be the next to go so Ichigo can get a powerup.
really? i would put anyone in ichigo's school group on the unkillable list.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 17:24   Link #3709
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea, she is very likely dead. her death actually meant something and was critical to another character's development. the only thing giving her any hope is that this is bleach and kubo doesn't care about making the present jive with the past.
Personally, I think she's dead. And boy oh boy is Kyoraku going to seriously fucking regret missing his top healer because y'all know there will be casualties when round two starts.

But then again, look at what happened to Byakuya...so...*shrugs*

Quote:
really? i would put anyone in ichigo's school group on the unkillable list.
Maybe.

Put it this way: if Kubo seriously wants to up the stakes, then if Kubo's smart, he'd have Bach go after at least Tatsuki and co, though it would make sense to go after Urahara and co since they're already in HM. In the end, it's more motivation for Ichigo.

But I also think that once Bach finishes with Uryu, he's dead pretty much. And that Uryu's basically being used as a pawn against Ichigo.
Old 2013-07-13, 00:33   Link #3710
Alchemist007
*Author

If Tatsuki's group was ever going to get killed, it was with Aizen. Now it would be pretty pitiful.
Old 2013-07-13, 02:21   Link #3711
Calca
Expressionless

As of now, pretty much Kubo has two routes. Good fights where none of the good guys die, or a 1986 Transformers movie type where everyone is killed off to make way for cooler people.

They can't do anything intermediate because all we'll hear is "He should have done that earlier."
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 03:36   Link #3712
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
They can't do anything intermediate because all we'll hear is "He should have done that earlier."
this might be unavoidable for any good guy loss or death. it's already too late to have good guys start dying. he had a full on war between shingami and arancar and none of the arancar could manage to kill a single frikkin shinigami. not even top tier espada like barragan could polish off the likes of omaeda. after a sad lop-sided war like that, it's just too late at this point to have another war and be redeemed in any way. the byakuya triple death and asspull life was essentially kicking the readers when we were already down. you think a meaningful good guy will die in a war? psyche!
Old 2013-07-13, 08:35   Link #3713
Xagzan

Quote:
Now it would be pretty pitiful.
Yamamoto and Unohana say hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Oh, it meant something alright. It meant it took one day for Kyouraku to prove what a fucking idiot he is at his new job. And I refuse to believe she actually had to die just so Kenpachi could receive a strokejo--I mean power up.

We didn't even get to see what her Bankai actually does.

The fact that her sole role as a character after all this time was to die for another's training--not even dying for him in a real battle--is disgusting.

Last edited by Xagzan; 2013-07-13 at 08:48.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:21   Link #3714
itachi-san314

Quote:
Oh, it meant something alright. It meant it took one day for Kyouraku to prove what a fucking idiot he is at his new job. And I refuse to believe she actually had to die just so Kenpachi could receive a strokejo--I mean power up.
We didn't even get to see what her Bankai actually does.
it certainly wasn't the most logically written subplot. my guess is that kenpachi now has her bankai though so we will see it more precisely in the future I'm pretty sure.

Quote:
The fact that her sole role as a character after all this time was to die for another's training--not even dying for him in a real battle--is disgusting.
yea, but I also think some people made her into a bigger and more important character than she actually was in the story. sometimes dying in a real battle is lame. sometimes it's cool of course, i'm just saying it's no guarantee. at least her death was personal and meant something vital to one of the main side characters. i'm assuming the RG and inoue will handle all the serious healing now. that or hanatorou will step up his game but yea, the RG healer is basically here to replace her skills in that department
Old 2013-07-13, 13:06   Link #3715
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Yamamoto and Unohana say hi.
Well Unohana was never really in danger before. Yamamoto actually had a fight and it was Ichigo who interrupted.

If Unohana's really dead, that'll be pretty lame.
Old 2013-07-13, 14:30   Link #3716
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

More than likely, there won't be any good guy deaths, but still....there's probably going to be at least ONE. Theres gotta be something to kick Ichigo's ass even harder whether it's seeing Uryu with the villians or seeing that his HM friends were annilatated or even that his human friends who don't know much about his shinigami business be killed.
Old 2013-07-14, 17:03   Link #3717
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Well Unohana was never really in danger before. Yamamoto actually had a fight and it was Ichigo who interrupted.

If Unohana's really dead, that'll be pretty lame.
I honestly do not think Unohana is dead ... if that were the case Kyoraku would not go on earth there would be more to do with the burial of Unohana ect, right? Don I think Kubo may be subtly gives us a hope for Unohana is still alive ...
Old 2013-07-14, 17:09   Link #3718
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

That's why I said she's dead for now. AT least until Kubo brings her back in another roundabout way like he just did with Byakuya.
Old 2013-07-14, 18:09   Link #3719
saravis

Quote:
That's why I said she's dead for now. AT least until Kubo brings her back in another roundabout way like he just did with Byakuya.
I don't know, considering how "graphical" but obscure her bankai was, I think KT just didn't have a clue what to do with her and just decided to give her a flashy exit. He could bring her back if he thinks of something to do with her, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old 2013-07-14, 20:47   Link #3720
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
If it is really dead before going to see the friends of Ichigo, Kyoraku would be occupied the funeral of Captain Unohana. This is why ME I hope it is just "between life and death"

Tags
bleach, chapter