AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

Old 2007-01-03, 12:39   Link #461
Lost

Pumpkin Scissors PVC Figures

Right, so there are not one, but 2 PVC Figurines planned for Pumpkin Scissors, no less. The subject of both? Alice. I've stolen some infomation about them from the local blogo-forum-sphere and will proceed to repost it here:

What with the talk about Darth Alice, and her apparently new weapon, Mahne, I suppose news of those 2 figurines couldn't have come at a better time. I've put them in spoiler tags, since they probably depict poses we haven yet seen in the Anime.

Spoiler for GoodSmileCompany's:

According to TJ Han, this will be a 1/8 scale figure to be released in May 07, at a price of 4800 yen. What really amazes me about this is the detailed attention given to her field uniform. Look at that belt. At that shading. At that texture! <3 Apparently too, Mahne can be removed from her grasp and replaced with.. yes, her Heirloom sword. Which, in the picture, seats sheathed on her belt! (gasp Yes! It's removable!) I will be getting this, provided I'm not enlisted by May.

Spoiler for Organic's:

This is definitely different from the previous one. Here, she’s swinging Mahne in her Evening gown. Again, according to TJ, this 1/8 scaled will be released in Febuary 07. No definite price is out yet, tho.

My thoughts: While I can't say I dont prefer Alice in GSC's leet field uniform (plus removable swords rule!), I must admit I prefer Alice's hair-style in the Organic rendition. Also, taking a closer look at Mahne, Organic's offering seems to have it coloured and textured really well. See that shine thru the dirty grime of the handle? Still, that dirty yellow of her gown really puts me off. Yet, its either one of them for me T_T I'll have a hard time choosing.

Info credits TJ Han
Picture credits reideen96

Last edited by Lost; 2007-01-03 at 12:54.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 00:39   Link #462
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
Has there been a set number of episodes this is gonna have? Don't get me wrong, the animation is smooth (most of the time) and it's just fun watching the corporal "knock on people's doors". But at episode 13, i'm already kinda putting it on my "watch later" list, cuz rite now all i'm seeing are fillers. Is this anime actually going anywhere?
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 16:33   Link #463
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Pumpkin Scissors official website has uploaded the entry for episode 24.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:17   Link #464
wilsonx81

So the next one will be the last one?

wtf?

I mean, there are still some things unresolved :S, what about that silver wheel thingie >.<

I hope there'll be a 2nd season planned for this.
wilsonx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 19:02   Link #465
David Johnston

OK

Frost is not Russia
Loderia is not France
The Empire is not Germany/Austria

Are there any other nations mentioned in the series?
David Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 08:13   Link #466
rarukyu
umeboshi

just got to ep 24. and yes there certainly is many plot holes that had not yet been filled like the silver wing thing. and here's hoping to a second season.
Spoiler:
rarukyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 14:06   Link #467
David Johnston

There won't be a second season, but a wrap-up OAV isn't out of the question.
David Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 19:49   Link #468
beatrice1979
Randel Oland´s LT

There wont´be? oh it can´t be...
I rather have my hopes on a new season. This anime would have been a completely pointless project otherwise.
Waiting for the release of the manga then...
beatrice1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 21:29   Link #469
belino

So it was a good episode after all, it showed us the meaning of justice blabla, but we all expect a second season to explain many things.

I'm not good in japanese or also understand the language, but in the end, there was some red kanji that I GUESS points the beginning of second season... July if I'm not wrong, had someone had the same idea as me?
belino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 04:56   Link #470
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston View Post
There won't be a second season, but a wrap-up OAV isn't out of the question.
Source, or it never happened.

There seems to be a lot of speculation surrounding a second season, which is all well and good, but people also seem to be coming out with definitive statements like "it's only a matter of time" or "it'll never happen, I guarantee it", and it's just impossible to make these statements without an official announcement. My speculation is that it's highly unlikely there'll be a second series, but nothing is certain unless we hear it from someone involved in the project.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-27, 06:41   Link #471
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well "it's only a matter of time" till some announcements are made its a simple as that...if there is a second season then the end is good...if there isnt going to be a second season then gonzo has failed miserably

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 03:00   Link #472
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I hope there is a second season the plot is just getting intresting . We have only been shown the peices of the puzzle :P
Old 2007-05-10, 09:47   Link #473
uk53

Send a message via AIM to uk53
if there is no second season then the anime is pretty much a teaser to get you to read the manga
uk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 16:26   Link #474
Kensuke

Pumpkin Scissors is licensed by ADV, along with three other shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
ADV Licenses 4 Gonzo Titles Including Pumpkin Scissors
ADV Films will formally announce at the Anime Central convention on May 11 that it has licensed four much anticipated titles from the famed anime studio Gonzo. The titles are the vampire suspense drama Red Garden, the satirical comedy Welcome to the N.H.K., the science-fiction war drama Pumpkin Scissors, and the magical girl comedy Magikano. Tokyopop is releasing the Welcome to the N.H.K. manga, and Del Rey Manga will release the Pumpkin Scissors manga this September. Update: Although ADV lists Magikano as a Gonzo title, its animation was done by Tokyo Kids.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 04:11   Link #475
kamikazex

pumpkin scissors better have a second season since the first one was soo good
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 18:00   Link #476
yami-koichi
owo

Send a message via MSN to yami-koichi
Well as far as I know, Gonzo is not the kind of studio who does sequels, but in this case, Pumpkin Scissors left an extremely inconclusive "ending" for the series... o.o
So, they better do a second season XP
yami-koichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 09:31   Link #477
Kittie Rose

Of course there'll be a bloody second season. They'd be idiots to leave it hanging like that.

Didn't Gonzo do Transformers Micron Legends? Weren't there multiple series of that?
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 03:35   Link #478
Alaska Slim

Doesn't make sense...

... Can anyone here justify to me why the hell we should give a crap if the nobles tank had an 'auto-loader'? Why was it a technology people were willing to kill and be killed for? Why did it matter that much?

... it's just so stupid... whoever wrote this anime apparently didn't understand the pros and cons of tank design... well it IS the Japanese, they were never good designing tanks in the first place, seems almost ironic how they would create anime with a character based around combating them.
Alaska Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 19:52   Link #479
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska Slim View Post
... Can anyone here justify to me why the hell we should give a crap if the nobles tank had an 'auto-loader'? Why was it a technology people were willing to kill and be killed for? Why did it matter that much?

... it's just so stupid... whoever wrote this anime apparently didn't understand the pros and cons of tank design... well it IS the Japanese, they were never good designing tanks in the first place, seems almost ironic how they would create anime with a character based around combating them.
What the hell are you smoking? The tank designs in the anime are actually very good when you compare them to real life German/Russian counterparts from the same basic time period.

That autoloader system allowed that tank to fire about 30 rounds per minute. Normal tanks at that same tech level (1930's) would be lucky to crank out at best 10-12 shots per minute. That is MASSIVE tactical advantage. It also means it requires less crew, saving on manpower and reducing casualties. The higher rate of fire would also vastly increase its usefullness in the fire support role of friendly troops.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 23:08   Link #480
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska Slim View Post

While it's true that anime has never portrayed tanks well, Pumpkin Scissors is better in this regard than most (although it still falls far short).

An autoloader may or may not be a good idea depending on the size of the gun, the design of the tank itself, and the role it's supposed to fulfill. Modern Russian tanks so that they can cut down on the tank's crew and profile, lower it's mass and cost, and still retain roughly the same defenses and offensive capability. Autoloaders for 120+ mm guns have a slightly lower rate of fire than having a human loader, and the loss of an extra crew member hurts the tank's effectiveness on campaign, but such trade offs are common in tank design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
What the hell are you smoking? The tank designs in the anime are actually very good when you compare them to real life German/Russian counterparts from the same basic time period.
It depends on what period you're comparing. If it's 1920s tanks (just the T-18), the Pumpkin Scissors versions are superior for most purposes, while some 1930s tanks (Pz.III & Pz.IV, T-26 & BT series) are quite a bit better. In any case, the Pumpkin Scissors tanks are woefully underarmed (admittedly, they'd have to be otherwise Orlando would have been very dead). Most pointedly, there's a distinct lack of effective machine guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
That autoloader system allowed that tank to fire about 30 rounds per minute. Normal tanks at that same tech level (1930's) would be lucky to crank out at best 10-12 shots per minute. That is MASSIVE tactical advantage. It also means it requires less crew, saving on manpower and reducing casualties. The higher rate of fire would also vastly increase its usefullness in the fire support role of friendly troops.
How effective an autoloader system is tends to depend on the calibre of the gun and the targets its firing upon. A higher rate of fire would help in tank vs. tank roles, but it won't make much difference when firing on infantry where they'd be either firing HE or using machine guns or 20+ mm autocannon (~200 rounds per minute).

Where they'd come in really handy would be in compensating for the inherent weakness of making the tank commander do the gun-loading in the one- or two-man turrets that were common in many early tank designs.