AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-10, 23:23   Link #661
Peanutbutter

a here.

Who remembers the time where everyone was saying Endless Eight can be done in one episode? Look where we are now...
Old 2009-07-10, 23:30   Link #662
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Isn't that her explicit purpose in the SOS-dan anyway? ;P

Wow, we're getting extremely circular at this point. I sense a pattern with the posters in this thread:

a. Posters who complain because of the extension of Endless Eight.
b. Posters who complain because of the inconsistent styles of animation seen in between the iterations of Endless Eight.
c. Posters who complain because it's a KyoAni work.
d. Posters who complain because of Kadokawa's tomfoolery.
e. Posters who defend the extension of Endless Eight because it's surprising.
f. Posters who defend the repetition because it's done by KyoAni.
g. Posters who don't really care either way and are just content to watch where this all goes.
h. Posters who haven't actually watched the episode at all or even care about Haruhi, and just want to stir up trouble.
Haha, I'm totally G.
Old 2009-07-10, 23:30   Link #663
ErianMyra
Asylum Escapee

Maybe he should ask the cicadas?
Old 2009-07-10, 23:34   Link #664
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:

Wow, we're getting extremely circular at this point. I sense a pattern with the posters in this thread:

b. Posters who complain because of the inconsistent styles of animation seen in between the iterations of Endless Eight.
g. Posters who don't really care either way and are just content to watch where this all goes.
h. Posters who haven't actually watched the episode at all or even care about Haruhi, and just want to stir up trouble.
Hey, you corrupted my h! I hereby switch my choice to g. G+, because I have a Positive Outlook.
Old 2009-07-10, 23:52   Link #665
ReneeBurossamu

...Am I the only D?

If I'm the first one to say this, the only thing that I liked about this episode is that we saw Nagato in more detail, and she was... bored. Oh, it killed me inside.
Old 2009-07-10, 23:56   Link #666
DonZabu

I distinctly remember watching the first Endless Eight, being completely unfamiliar with how the story went, and thinking at the end "at least they got the filler out of the way quickly."

And look what happens next. And next. And next.

EDIT: The fact that I got the 666th post can't be a good omen.

Last edited by DonZabu; 2009-07-10 at 23:58. Reason: Devil's orders
Old 2009-07-10, 23:58   Link #667
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(I've been away and refraining from talking about Endless Eight since I'd just spoil it horribly for having been the one that did the translation for this chapter on Baka-Tsuki XD)

I think the thing that should be reiterated by looking at Endless Eight is Kyon's lament...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon, Endless EIGHT
The deadline, however, is up. Today is the thirtieth of August, leaving only one day left for summer break. It will be over if we don't think of something within the next two days, but I have absolutely no clue as to what to try. The summer light, the cries of higurashi... All the ingredients of summer are sources of anxiety.
I don't see any reason to get into furious fit of rage over this looping at all, even if the novels didn't bother doing this. The animated medium makes this one iteration relatively painless...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-07-11, 00:06   Link #668
X207
Gamyūsa

lol
its only been 5 eps in this arc but i alreadyknow how nagato feels like. i really really hope they finish off the arc in ep6. imo the whole arc could've been completed in 3 or 4 eps. now its a bit overkill even if this series is rather good. though i do like noticing how small details are changed once in a while ie the yukatas in ep 5.
Old 2009-07-11, 00:17   Link #669
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I'm an HG, hooooo~!

But back on topic though, hasn't anybody come to the conclusion that the K-On! style is just part of the slight variation gimmick? Next episode will probably return to a more familiar style.
Old 2009-07-11, 00:34   Link #670
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Actually Haruhi wants to do something else.
Spoiler for Stuff:
So the airplane is a social allegory about teen sexuality and UNICEF witch-hunts?

Quote:

I go with a, b[1], c[2] & d.

[1] The complaints are more about the inconsistancies between 2006/novels and 2009/Clannad/K-On!

[2] Complaints are focused on KyoAni's perceived degeneration in their works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErianMyra View Post
Maybe he should ask the cicadas?
Even they will cry ... oops, wrong studio, no chance for Yuki to turn yangire
Old 2009-07-11, 00:37   Link #671
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Hum, i don't think Haruhi in k-on style is that bad, as long as well animated and the story is nice(which, normally it is... And, to be honest, still is, it's just is bad because we all want to see new material), i can even endure Haruhi in a Pokemon style.

But hey, it doesn't help that the chapter with that style is on endless eight. I think it would be helluvalot nice if every episode was focused in one character, to see what they did in the time loop... But i guess it's impossible without spoiling a lot of things, like, what is the confidential information and what Yuki do in saturday nights... Well, can't have everything...
Old 2009-07-11, 00:42   Link #672
OkamiNoKaze

Hi all, hit me with a "g" as far as the art style goes, I seem to remember reading somewhere before the new episodes aired that there would be a slight change to the designs, And if you look at even that "Disappearance" picture you can kind of already see the K-on-esque influence.

I think at the bare minimum I think this story was destined to be three episodes, and I concede a stretch to 4, but thinking about and factoring in Kyon and his laziness, it all makes sense, It also makes sense why everyone calls him lazy, I didn't really catch that in season 1 that much.

As far as DVDs go I think a cool special feature, would be to create your own Endless Eight II by combining scenes from all the failed attempts minus obviously the first one since they didn't figure it out.

I think this was Haruhi's best Yukata so far, probably that way for all of them, and is it usual for women to have that many different swimming suits? Just a lingering question since part one, why they just don't wear the ones from Lone Island, though I think Yuki does once. It does seem that Kyon makes just a bit more progress towards the answer each time.

I actually marathoned the previous 3 parts before watching the new one, interesting experience, seems as if every episode has it's shining scene, I think this one it was the cloud scene. I think it would be cool to animate the Karoake session once, with sound, for at least a taste of a new song. I still also think aside from Mikuru's frog suit, the others have the same colors and patterns from the Lucky Star OVA.

I'm also starting to be one of those that think this is not the second season not yet, just as some said season 1 2.0 that this is a way to buy time working on the true second season.
Old 2009-07-11, 00:43   Link #673
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying
But hey, it doesn't help that the chapter with that style is on endless eight. I think it would be helluvalot nice if every episode was focused in one character, to see what they did in the time loop... But i guess it's impossible without spoiling a lot of things, like, what is the confidential information and what Yuki do in saturday nights... Well, can't have everything...
We got a taste of Yuki's recreation time on Someday in the Rain. I guess I wouldn't mind watching her read for 20 minutes.
Old 2009-07-11, 01:02   Link #674
Launch
Bug Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I think this was Haruhi's best Yukata so far, probably that way for all of them, and is it usual for women to have that many different swimming suits? Just a lingering question since part one, why they just don't wear the ones from Lone Island, though I think Yuki does once. It does seem that Kyon makes just a bit more progress towards the answer each time.
I agree about the swimsuits. xD

Either the girls go shopping for a new one every cycle just to wear to the pool... or everyone in the SOS Brigade has a super-massive wardrobe. (Yuki's would just be like 20 school uniforms though xD)
Old 2009-07-11, 01:13   Link #675
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch View Post
Either the girls go shopping for a new one every cycle just to wear to the pool... or everyone in the SOS Brigade has a super-massive wardrobe. (Yuki's would just be like 20 school uniforms though xD)
I'd assume Haruhi takes them out to buy the swimsuits.
Old 2009-07-11, 01:13   Link #676
OkamiNoKaze

On the Music video thread there's a cool link to a video showing Endless 8 1-4 side by side, very interesting. though it is raw
Old 2009-07-11, 01:26   Link #677
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Hey, you corrupted my h! I hereby switch my choice to g. G+, because I have a Positive Outlook.
h is usually corrupted.

And that 4 in 1 video shows just how different each of these episodes are while still being the same general plot.
Old 2009-07-11, 01:37   Link #678
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
h is usually corrupted.
Touche...!
Old 2009-07-11, 01:47   Link #679
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

My largest complaint is not about the studio or Kadokawa, or the ridiculous repetitions of the same plot, but the fans that actually sit here and garble this stuff up. I usually respect other people's opinions... But it's these sorts of fans that do nothing but harm anime as a form of art.

Seriously, there is a limit to when someone will respect your opinion. I no longer find it rational to sit here and say "Job well done."
Old 2009-07-11, 01:50   Link #680
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
My largest complaint is not about the studio or Kadokawa, or the ridiculous repetitions of the same plot, but the fans that actually sit here and garble this stuff up. I usually respect other people's opinions... But it's these sorts of fans that do nothing but harm anime as a form of art.
Another "Arbiter of the Truth"?

Seriously, if you don't like what this show is doing, or its fans, there's always other anime. In fact, this summer season is great, in my books.
Closed Thread