AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-01, 21:18   Link #1101
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poptart View Post
the manga is far from over as i see it. there is still something big to reveal and loose ends surrounding it.

i feel that if a second season were to happen they have more than enough to work with.
NANA has gotten me to read a shoujo manga. It seemed the show is pretty faithful to the manga, so I'd say second season is a most likely a lock. There's a tons more development in the future volumes. I must say to end it right after the flash forward sequence is brilliant - really keep the anime watchers wanting for more.

NANA is a cultural phenomenon in Japan... Unlike most anime, almost everyone has heard of NANA or watched the movie. NANA brought in a lot of women viewers who has never watched anime before; the anime is is about 5 times longer than your average dorama. Together with Saiunkoku, NANA really has broken the mode for shoujo anime. Soon anime for women will be as mainstream as a Kimura dorama, and we'll see all sorts of people who normally won't touch anime watching it faithfully. This is really good for the future of anime. I really, really love this series.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 15:05   Link #1102
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
It's been a long road.

46/47:

Spoiler:

There are more questions about the future than there are answers,
with this series licensed I can foresee a lot of purchased DVDs in the
future and the Nana merchandising machine is only going rev higher,
this show is massively popular and it's about to hit america like a
hurricane is my prediction.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:21   Link #1103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
We get closure for Nana and Shouji, although bittersweet.
Spoiler for Episode 46:
Old 2007-08-02, 16:23   Link #1104
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
....NANA is a cultural phenomenon in Japan... Unlike most anime, almost everyone has heard of NANA or watched the movie.... I really, really love this series.
With Hirano Aya beginning to become known to the general public, I noticed in at least one news item that her role as Layla in NANA was the role mentioned, not Haruhi in Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, which is better known among male anime fans. As I never tire of saying, I think Layla is her best performance so far.

In my opinion, three masterpieces aired beginning in April 2006: Simoun, NANA, and Suzumiya Haruhi. My own preference puts them in that order, but NANA got closer to Simoun as the season continued. These last few episodes just rocked me. For me, the first Honey & Clover and Byousoku 5cm are the only other anime of the past three years I can rate in the same league as these.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 16:25   Link #1105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As I never tire of saying, I think Layla is her best performance so far.
Isn't the official spelling 'Reira'?

& yeah, i found Aya's Reira to be very refreshing. She played the role perfectly --- comedy scenes, and those heavy drama ones. It also helps that Reira's story is one of my fav's about NANA.
Old 2007-08-02, 19:19   Link #1106
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
She is Layla (since her name comes from Eric Clapton's song "Layla"), but they are masking it for nipponized Reira, since they don't want the image of "special gaijin" to stick to her and demean her natural talent.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 19:20   Link #1107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, thats what i thought. I was just confusing with someone saying it here.
Old 2007-08-03, 12:50   Link #1108
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
With Hirano Aya beginning to become known to the general public, I noticed in at least one news item that her role as Layla in NANA was the role mentioned, not Haruhi in Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, which is better known among male anime fans. As I never tire of saying, I think Layla is her best performance so far.
Funny you should mention that. I got my wife to watch Haruhi with me, and the first thing she said was "hey, she sounded like REIRA". I also think that her REIRA role is her than her Haruhi better performance, given the nature of the role. (Although when REIRA was doing certain thing to a certain underage boy, I was thinking "Man, why would Haruhi do that?" ) Sorry, she will always be REIRA to me.
Old 2007-08-05, 19:38   Link #1109
mdauben

Unhappy

I just finished watching the last episode of Nana, and unlike a lot of people I'm afraid I have to say I was dissappointed. The ending was, to me, just so... unfulfilling that I was almost sorry I watched the whole series.

Spoiler for Disappointments:
In the end, I would not say it was a bad series, but perhaps the story just wasn't to my taste. I guess because they did such a good job of making me care about so many of the characters that I was so depressed at how they all wound up.

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-08-05 at 20:45.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 23:06   Link #1110
kala83

Wow I had no idea Nana had been turned into an anime. I first read Nana in Shojo Beat at first I thought I wouldn't like it but as I kept reading I related to both girls on different levels. And since I have plans of moving to Japan in the future to become an English Teacher so when the first Nana moved to Tokyo I really liked it since I would love to live in Tokyo myself...and she is following her dream...just like I am right now.
I have sadly fallen behind in the series and am not quit current on it anymore.
But I would love to check out this series does anyone here know how I might be able to get a hold of a DVD or something like that? I have a region frree DVD player so being able to watch the DVD would be no problem for me.
kala83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 23:08   Link #1111
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
It was as if the moral of the story was, in the end everyone's life sucks. [/SPOILER]In the end, I would not say it was a bad series, but perhaps the story just wasn't to my taste. I guess because they did such a good job of making me care about so many of the characters that I was so depressed at how they all wound up.
Well don't be so sad. There's a lot more to the story... NANA 2 will be made and if you can't wait, just read the manga to find out what happened next.
Old 2007-08-05, 23:58   Link #1112
mdauben

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Well don't be so sad. There's a lot more to the story... NANA 2 will be made and if you can't wait, just read the manga to find out what happened next.
The thing is, that the "ten years later" scenes already showed that there is no immediate relieve in sight for the pain of at least two of the characters.
Spoiler for After the Anime?:

I'm afraid that the ending, however, rather than making me anxious to find out what happened next, makes me unintersted in being depressed any further...
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 07:59   Link #1113
Kamiko

Unhappy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I didn't get to see the last episode of Nana before it was evilly licensed!
curse the evil anime gods!!!!

*sob*

are there any other unfortunate Nana lovers out there like me?
Kamiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 11:39   Link #1114
Xiaolang

Are you guys gluttons for pain or what? I'm sure a majority of you have already read the manga and are way ahead of the story, and by watching the same scenes in animated form, it might not have been difficult to go through the second time. However, since this is my first exposure to anything Nana, this series is so difficult to watch; I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship: it's an emotional trainwreck, and yet I can't look away.

I stopped at episode 29 a couple of weeks ago, and since then, I only managed to watch up to 35. And even though this is only entertainment, it really did affect me in a way that no other series, animated or live-action, has done before.

In a nutshell, all I can say is, "Damn you, Ai Yazawa!!!"
Xiaolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 22:19   Link #1115
gurlyx

hehe i just finished NANA season 1 (the anime) and i must sey, its very touching >.< ive always wanted nobu&hachi together...coz takumi just seem like a guy that....oni wants 1 thing lol...

Spoiler for takumi:

im ready to watch the live action movie, and read the manga!! cant wait XDD till den..i gotta find more anime of this type XDD ive been hooked on shoujo anime since i watched "bokura ga ita" which led me to watch this
gurlyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 09:15   Link #1116
Salim

Question

Hi,
does anybody know whether there will be a second season of the NANA Anime? I just finished watching the final episode and it is great.
Suzue Nana, the Guide of the anime, said (at the end of final episode) that this is the "end of the first season", so there must be a second one, right?
Salim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 19:54   Link #1117
crimmy88

Not yet confirmed but theres a really high possibility =0

Question about Hachi's feelings for Nobu:

Spoiler:

Last edited by crimmy88; 2007-08-16 at 23:43.
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 12:59   Link #1118
dogme

I just watched the final episode of NANA, and i must say it affected me greatly (the series as a whole and episode 47) , more so than it should for a guy of my age I would have liked more interaction between the two Nana's in the latter part of the series and Nana K marrying Takumi didn't feel right, but can't have everything i suppose. I am definately looking forward to season 2
dogme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 20:14   Link #1119
Kyomi
What do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post
Not yet confirmed but theres a really high possibility =0

Question about Hachi's feelings for Nobu:

Spoiler:
Dunno about that, I only watched the anime, and if nothing happens with Nobu from there on I don't think I'll bother watching a second season or reading the manga.
*Sob* Nobu.. *Sob*
Old 2007-12-05, 23:38   Link #1120
himefansub

anyone know when nana season 2 be out?

Tags
drama, romance