AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2011-07-04, 20:46   Link #841
Runty

More problems with releases, Snowman?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 14:04   Link #842
Runty

Probably best that I come clean: I haven't been able to work much on Lone Wulf for the past half-year, sadly. University course crap kept scooping up a lot of my time, and gaming on League of Legends is a HUGE distraction.

That isn't to say I don't have a direction for my 11th Chapter for Lone Wulf. I've got one, but I haven't been able to put it to writing. I'll get it done at some point, but don't expect it too soon; still more crap coming my way and no end in sight.

But to tide you guys over, here's some of the direction I'm planning to take. Try not to read this, however, unless you're up to date on my story.

CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS!
Spoiler for Chapter 11: Promises to Keep:
There's more I could add, but that'd be spoiling too much.

Rest assured, when I finish it, this chapter will be good. But I'd rather get it write and take an eternity to finish it than finish it quickly and make a shoddy product. I'm a rather staunch follower of "Shiguru Miyamoto's Process".
Old 2011-07-07, 01:40   Link #843
Snowman24

Not really, I haven't been doing anything really. Just like I said when summer started. I said I'd do nothing for one week, to just relax from all things. No job, no writing, no chores, no house cleaning, the list goes on.

All I've been doing is just relaxing, enjoying stuff I don't normally get to do with my busy work schedule.

I'll get back to work, lol, both job wise and writing wise pretty soon :P

*P.S.* There's a new valkyria chronicles pic at deviant art you need to see, Runty. a Marina one that... might explain why she's always looking tired, emotionless and all that... Shows what happens when she goes to sleep... I knew you'd either like it, or hate it, cuz it involves your favorite sniper.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 01:45   Link #844
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Not really, I haven't been doing anything really. Just like I said when summer started. I said I'd do nothing for one week, to just relax from all things. No job, no writing, no chores, no house cleaning, the list goes on.

All I've been doing is just relaxing, enjoying stuff I don't normally get to do with my busy work schedule.

I'll get back to work, lol, both job wise and writing wise pretty soon :P

*P.S.* There's a new valkyria chronicles pic at deviant art you need to see, Runty. a Marina one that... might explain why she's always looking tired, emotionless and all that... Shows what happens when she goes to sleep... I knew you'd either like it, or hate it, cuz it involves your favorite sniper.
I see.

Also, if you're referring to the ptsd pic on Deviantart... yeah, that was something. Made me shudder a little. Still, it'd be an amazing element to Marina's character: no soldier survives war unscarred.

Well, since you're gonna be getting back into things, which story are you going to tackle first? Maybe finish up the "Magari" story you had going? That one was getting good.
Old 2011-07-08, 02:41   Link #845
Runty

Sure could go for one of Snowman's previews right now...
Old 2011-07-08, 18:41   Link #846
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
That's something on what she'd have nightmares in real life and rightfully so. From the same artist, there's another one with Anisette showing her "fruit killing skills" on a Rebel.

That's why I wonder whether or not our beloved characters (in fanfics) would be able to unleash the beast within themselves to rip enemies (Imperials and Rebels alike) piece by piece... after witnessing town burnings, mass executions of civilians, etc. At times, I made the analogy about COD:World at War on the Russian front about what if our Gallians (with the help of other countries) pushed the Imperials towards their capital after Imperials started another invasion just a few years after EWII. Would some of them have gone rampaging, burning, killing and doing worse things on Imperial lands to make sure "they deserve everything they get... and more"? Possibly.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 23:08   Link #847
Snowman24

I'll try and get a new preview up this weekend, as my week of rest is pretty much over :P Also, if you have any other ideas in mind, not just Runty, but anyone else with ideas for Valkyria Chronicles 1 or 2 fanfic ideas, pass them to me. I'd like to hear them, they'll be nice summer projects
Old 2011-07-10, 09:12   Link #848
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That's something on what she'd have nightmares in real life and rightfully so. From the same artist, there's another one with Anisette showing her "fruit killing skills" on a Rebel.

That's why I wonder whether or not our beloved characters (in fanfics) would be able to unleash the beast within themselves to rip enemies (Imperials and Rebels alike) piece by piece... after witnessing town burnings, mass executions of civilians, etc. At times, I made the analogy about COD:World at War on the Russian front about what if our Gallians (with the help of other countries) pushed the Imperials towards their capital after Imperials started another invasion just a few years after EWII. Would some of them have gone rampaging, burning, killing and doing worse things on Imperial lands to make sure "they deserve everything they get... and more"? Possibly.
This is one of the many reasons Maxmillian's invasion was doomed to fail. The Imperials have no intention of winning Gallian hearts and minds. As the Dutch and the Belgians showed the Nazis, you can conquer lands, but without conquering hearts and minds, the resistance will be significant.

As for Gallia cutting into Imperial lands, I wouldn't bet on it, not by a long mile.
Old 2011-07-11, 01:10   Link #849
Runty

Quote:
I'll try and get a new preview up this weekend, as my week of rest is pretty much over :P Also, if you have any other ideas in mind, not just Runty, but anyone else with ideas for Valkyria Chronicles 1 or 2 fanfic ideas, pass them to me. I'd like to hear them, they'll be nice summer projects
Any progress?
Old 2011-07-12, 03:07   Link #850
Runty

*nudge for Snowman*
Old 2011-07-18, 21:15   Link #851
Runty

Snowman?

Not having more RL problems, are we? Seems like it's becoming a regular thing. =/
Old 2011-07-23, 21:50   Link #852
K'Arthur

I wrote a VC fanfic awhile ago and posted it to FF.net and DA. It's called "Rift" and you can find it here if you're curious

Since then, I've been struggling with ideas for stories. Or rather, struggling with the stories to turn into something coherent. So, I'm currently working on a drabble series. I'm going to write a number of 15-20 minute stories/scenes and then chain them together later some how.

We'll see how that goes...
Old 2011-07-24, 15:33   Link #853
Runty

Seems Snowman is busy with 2 summer jobs and other stuff. Ouch.

Well, in the meantime, I thought I might as well refresh my idea for an Anisette oneshot, this time with an ideal cast selected.
Spoiler for Anisette Detachment:

Funny ending?

Also, I just thought up another possible idea, this one starring Mischlitt and having Cordelia as a guest star. Oh, and Elysse Moore too.

Note, however, that this one would probably extend past a one-shot for length reasons, so you could do it as a stand-alone story with a few chapters.
Spoiler for Cordelia/Mischlitt:

I honestly think we need a story that stars Cordelia as the protagonist, in a sense. She's such an interesting character.

Make changes as needed for both stories.
Old 2011-07-26, 16:09   Link #854
Mirena

Hello there~ I just randomly stumbled across this thread while searching for Valkyria Chronicles 2 related things. Figured I might as well post and say hi.

I've written a fanfic for Valkyria Chronicles 2, but it's rather short and not the best so I'll probably do better not linking to that one...

The thread seems interesting to look through. If I'm getting it right, taking any suggestion posted here and writing a fanfic based on that is fine? Then again, my favorites are Audrey and Baldren so there'll probably not be too much including those two.
Old 2011-07-26, 17:28   Link #855
Snowman24

Hello, none of us are gonna flame ya if you post it, we are all very supportive here and positive feedback and support to all writers and their work, new and older members And yes, I sometimes take suggestions and write stories based on suggestions+characters for the story.

I've written 2 for Runty, 1 for DC20 and have some in progress. If you want one, just put out suggestions and I'll see if it's do-able.
Old 2011-07-26, 20:05   Link #856
Beri270T3

Well if you want to run with it I have a suggestion or two for you Snow.

Why not try a postwar fic or short fic for a former Squad Seven member concerning his/her siding or involvement with the Rebel forces of VC2? Bonus points if it isn't someone who automatically comes to mind.

Spoiler for Idea:

If you're interested in either.

Oh and for Mirena, it's interesting to see the other side's perspective so don't feel bad. As Snow says people are willing to give a pointer or two.
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 23:34   Link #857
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beri270T3 View Post
Well if you want to run with it I have a suggestion or two for you Snow.

Why not try a postwar fic or short fic for a former Squad Seven member concerning his/her siding or involvement with the Rebel forces of VC2? Bonus points if it isn't someone who automatically comes to mind.

Spoiler for Idea:

If you're interested in either.

Oh and for Mirena, it's interesting to see the other side's perspective so don't feel bad. As Snow says people are willing to give a pointer or two.
Spoiler for Evil Darcsens:
Old 2011-07-27, 00:35   Link #858
Beri270T3

My only problem with that is what Evil implies. That the antagonists are nasty, brutish, and down right diabolical. It's not always the case. The protagonist can him/herself be evil, and the antagonists be the ones we'd normally associate with being the protagonist because they are good.

In reference to the Darcsen presented, I think the best colour to go with is shades of grey. It really adds to the dynamic of a story. Unfortunately when it comes to this approach I find it's easy to get sidetracked. Antagonists get really difficult when they're no longer faceless automatons.
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 00:59   Link #859
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beri270T3 View Post
My only problem with that is what Evil implies. That the antagonists are nasty, brutish, and down right diabolical. It's not always the case. The protagonist can him/herself be evil, and the antagonists be the ones we'd normally associate with being the protagonist because they are good.

In reference to the Darcsen presented, I think the best colour to go with is shades of grey. It really adds to the dynamic of a story. Unfortunately when it comes to this approach I find it's easy to get sidetracked. Antagonists get really difficult when they're no longer faceless automatons.
Good point, man. Going with a "moral bad" or "lawful evil" approach would create some VERY interesting dynamics.

I'll need to think up a possible plotline involving renegade Darcsens in the VC2 setting; need sleep now, though.
Old 2011-07-27, 02:11   Link #860
Mirena

All right, I suppose I'll be linking to my fic after all. I edited it a little, so I guess I feel like it's... closer to presentable now? It's quite short and focused on Audrey.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7136874/1/

@Runty: This is off-topic, but you mentioned VC3. Have you played it yourself or did you find someplace with a translation/videos? I'm wondering whether I should import it and try to make sense of it since a localization doesn't seem too likely.

Tags
fanfiction